A few my DIY projects
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16 of 29
I want to show you how I find the volume of the rear speakers.They have a complex form and the introduction of data in the appropriate program will take a long time, after assembling of the cabinet i do additional processing and here the math does not help.

From waste material I made this gadget ,that takes part in the measurements and when assembling the cabinet:
Ch.jpg
I prepared the two shells in this way;
W-1.jpg W-2.jpg W-3.jpg
I fill the cabinet with water to the red line / there ends the front panel with the speakers /.
w-.JPG
I find the volume - 43l, I deduct the weight of the internal ribbed - massa 3.4kg.
And the net volume of the cabinet is 39. 6l. More than I need, I need about 32l.
The problem is that my investor likes the vision of the column.The decrease in volume must occur inside the construction of the cabinet.This sends the project in a more initial phase,we have a new requirement for the project, second W18 EX001.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #17 of 29
I concur with a previous poster's assessment... Holy crap!

Very nice job, and thank you for the construction documentation which you provided! You do very fine work!

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #18 of 29
I concur with a previous poster's assessment... Holy ****!

Very nice job, and thank you for the construction documentation which you provided! You do very fine work!

Thank you for your attention!
The old project went into the past ...old pr..jpg
Everything starts from the beginning;
new pr..jpg new pr1.jpg
After processing the internal ribbing, I can start assembling the cabinet; new pr3.jpg new pr4.jpg

Attachments

• new pr5.jpg
    new pr5.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 29
..and more;
Fin.jpg Fin1.jpg Fin2.jpg Fin3.jpg
The first home tests are very good.
My current surround speakers of " Technics" CA-10 with a good sound from 1997, they are sadly retreated himself ...
Fin4.jpg
Technical data:
Frequence Range; 33-25000 Hz
Long term Max Power; 200 W
Crossover Frequency; 2800 Hz
Impedance; 4 Ohms
Sensitivity; 90 db SPL
Cabinet Volume; 31 L
Gross weight / without stand /; 27kg.

This is the project of the rear speakers, will finish it with "Bird's eye view". There will be a sequel ...sometime..

Joro Raitchev
Sofia- Bulgaria

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #26 of 29
This is really impressive. Thank you for sharing all the photos; it is very interesting to see how they came together.
Thank you!
There is no hope for this project to be completed soon, because I decided to change the project to the rear speakers and make them three- way;
n.pr..jpg
PS
In this way i releasing a pair of speakers 18EX..., I will need them for another project.a pair of speakers 18EX, I will need them for another project.

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #28 of 29
Thank you!
There is no hope for this project to be completed soon, because I decided to change the project to the rear speakers and make them three- way;

PS
In this way i releasing a pair of speakers 18EX..., I will need them for another project.a pair of speakers 18EX, I will need them for another project.

Oh wow, best of luck with your new plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back