A couple more problems with the iPhone (iOS 4)
Sep 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Recently, I've had trouble submitting the occasional post on the iPhone. The screen will turn gray and then it doesn't post.

The same thing happened when I just tried to report a spammer. The screen turns gray when you hit the red flag button, then nothing happens.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 8
I haven't had any problems on my 4 and that's pretty much all I use. Any chance you're on a 3G /S? I know they've been having some performance issues since ios4 was released that's supposed to be fixed with 4.1. I just wonder if that's all it is.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 8
No, I'm using an iPhone 4. It could be AT&T's fault, but I don't have the same problem with an iPad on 3G, so I think it's a software issue.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 8
Well, maybe it's a problem on my end. I'll poke around and see if I can consistently replicate it. The network occasionally gets flaky around here, so maybe it's interrupting the transmission and causing it to hang.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 8
A quick update:

1. I upgraded to iOS 4.1 today and Head-Fi is behaving much better. I can use the return key for line breaks instead of markup, which is a *huge* improvement. I don't know if it's the update or something with the software, but one of my biggest gripes is gone. Thanks to any and all responsible.

2. I now get a progress dialog box when I submit a post and the "freezing" issue appears to be gone. I'll update this thread if it happens again.

3. I was able to use the flag button to report spam earlier. It worked reasonably well, but the dialog box jumps around when you resize the screen. It took a little manipulation to hit the submit button, so that might be worth looking at. However, I'm pleased that the functionality is there.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Sometimes you get the darkened screen because a javascript pop-up has appeared somewhere out of view, so you have to shrink the view or scroll around to find it.  

Sep 16, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 8
Just noticed an improvement. My network connection dropped during a submission and the site told me that it dropped and asked me to try again. I hit submit again and it went through instead of hanging. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back