A Complaint to 1964EARS (Solved, Misunderstanding)
May 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

etjeremy

New Head-Fier

Hello everybody,I've ordered a 1964-Q and sent out the earmold on 31/1. 
After a month, I asked about the progress of my Q, but they replied that they would have finished and ship it out within a week, however all above are totally a lie, they just keeep on delay and I finally received my Q 2.5 months later.
Is that the end of writing? Nope.

The right side of my Q has a sealing problem and I would like to refit it. I asked about for  a reply on the building time for a several times and waited for another 2 weeks, they just replied they are progressing my order and PLEASE SEND QUESTIONS REGARDING BUILD TIME to them.

Till now I have waited for 3.5MONTHS for my 1964-Q already, and I want to know if there are any priority policy so lead to my case.

Sorry for my terrible English.

I've received my 1964Q today, I think that there's a bit misunderstood between me ,1964ears and the distributor.
The distributor have apologized and we could enjoy the amazing sound quality now!

May 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #2 of 13
Looks your order fell into the abyss of no return.  :3

But in all seriousness, have you tried alternatives to emailing them such as calling or any other more confrontational and direct method of communication?  

If yes, then I guess we do have a problem on our hands but please do remember this isn't a problem unique to just this company; however, I do agree that you should get full service and a total of 6 months of waiting is unacceptable.

May 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 13
Actually I'm not in US and I have sent email to them for a few times already
frown.gif

May 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 13
I think you're in the minority here. Whereas there have been complaints with just about every IEM company on head-fi.org at one time or another, most who have done business with this company have been pretty happy with them and stated that they have had great customer service experiences with 1964 EARS.

The company is not that big and I have had to reach out to them recently. And because I have reached out to them recently, I know that the owner - who is the main hands on guy - is out of the USA for awhile. Send them another email and just be little patient. Unfortunately, correspondence on these type of issues can be a little tedious and take a little longer, especially since you live outside of the country and now some of 1964 EARS' main operators are not in the country at this moment too.

May 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 13
@Ericp I'm sure that most of the customers are satisfied but while he may be out of the country I highly doubt it was for six months and furthermore I don't think his patience is the issue rather that a more direct form of communication has to be established. Even if the hands on guy is out his staff represent him during that interval.

Again I'll finish off saying that I'm sure 1964 has been fine with most and there will always be a case where this sort of thing happens. Now the critical part is how they deal with it.

May 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 13
I know the folks from 1964 Ears have done very well with customer service for most folks, it's a little sad to see a person have to wait so long.

I'll write them directly and we can get this straightened out for you.

Edit: Vitaliy is looking into it!

May 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
I know the folks from 1964 Ears have done very well with customer service for most folks, it's a little sad to see a person have to wait so long.
I'll write them directly and we can get this straightened out for you.
Edit: Vitaliy is looking into it!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back