A complaint about Girl Scout cookies
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
In our area, they are not allowed by the local leaders to sell by themselves door to door. I know that makes sense, but it's kind of mandated. Going with them is not really recommended, either. Must be the day and age (safety concerns).

One day off, I brought her into work to personally thank everyone I could who bought them.

I never thought about the safety issue. I don't suppose a work envornment is quite the same thing, but I guess you never know.

I think the idea of having your daughter come to say thank you is absolutely lovely. I would get a big kick out of that if it happened here. What a great solution.

Mar 2, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
I never thought about the safety issue. I don't suppose a work envornment is quite the same thing, but I guess you never know.

I think the idea of having your daughter come to say thank you is absolutely lovely. I would get a big kick out of that if it happened here. What a great solution.

Or even a thank you card with a picture.

My wife and I bought Xmas presents for a family of 16 underprivileged kids last year. We got a picture of all 16, with some of them holding sheets of paper with individual letters that spelled out "Thank You".

Now that was a kick. Made my day to see all of those smiling faces.

Mar 2, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
So it's a bad parent that does that, and takes the order form to work as well? If that's the case, then I can't agree.

Yes of course it's inappropriate for a superior to passive-agressively sell cookies, but if you have the kind of boss who would do that, there are bigger problems in the work place than just girl scout cookies.

I never implied that bringing an order form to work makes one a "bad" parent.
Ijust feel that going door to door with your child would be a good way to
sell cookies while spending a little quality time with your kid.We had a young
child abducted here in NJ a few years ago not far from here. She was going door to door in her own neighborhood by herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back