A Coda and an Overture from HeadRoom
Jun 1, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #421 of 481
I was planning on getting an extra set of A/C plugs so I can keep one at home and one in the office.

Spoke to a rep at Headroom and they would cost $150.00 for the set. He mentioned that the price may be changing. Any word on that? $150 is 25% of the total cost
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #422 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e
Spoke to a rep at Headroom and they would cost $150.00 for the set.

Whaaa?! What exactly are you talking about. I know of nothing AC that would cost $150

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #423 of 481
Sorry for the confusion

I want to get an extra A/C set for the Micros stack

I called up and was told it would run $150 for an additional A/C plug set.

He said he was going to speak with you about it because people had complained of it being 25% of the total cost.

I know a lot of people are planning on doing the same especially with the desktop modual in the Micro amp that eats up battery life.

Jun 1, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #424 of 481
The only thing I can think of is that you got quoted for two of the Cosmic upgrade power supplies that are $75 each. We've just started to use these supplies in much larger quantities and I know they are slated for a price reduction. One will come stock with the Micro and Desktop Line products so you'll get one for free. .....

Oh, I get it, are you considering a Micro DAC and Micro Amp and you'll need two for a spare one each at your desk? Okay, in that case, phone in your order and get whoever your salesman is to talk to Jamey to get the new price on the power supplies. The price will be quite a bit less than on the web site.

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #425 of 481
Thanks

Called in my order the 1st hour it was available a few weeks back.

Yes just want a spare set of a/c plugs

BTW I have been ordering from your compay for years and the customer services has always been great.

Jun 3, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #426 of 481
Just received my Micro Amp (micro module) today. Unfortunately, I can't give a full summary/review, as I don't have my primary cans (ER4S) and am making do with my Grado SR60s.

However, I will say that the build quality is quite nice, the power supply is impressive, and the branded shipping box is a nice touch. The amp itself sounds really good so far based on just a bit of listening. I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with it.

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #427 of 481
Yeah, wow, big power supply, got my microdac today. The power supply is definitely not portable, I will need to get some rechargeable 9Vs for sure.

All I can say at the moment is I'm listening to my laptop with my SA5000s, and it sounds so nice, I may not go to sleep tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

The case is really, really sturdy. The side walls are quite thick in particular.

Check out my cable mess, and temporary strap/cable holder
biggrin.gif

microdac_smv3.jpg

PS, there is a tiny pinprick of an air bubble in the rear rubber piece Tyll, where's the perfection!
wink.gif

I need to figure out where to stick my headroom sticker...

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #428 of 481
If you guys made a silver version of the DAC, I'd go nuts and buy one immediately
eggosmile.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #429 of 481
Hi Devwild,

I've been using the Maha 4 cell rapid charger and 9V's
which work very well with the Micro line. All you have to do is slide them in and let the little rubber flap fold into the amp. If using alkaline batteries, lift the flap before inserting them. I just turned on the pages for the batteries and chargers so hopefully, I can get Tyll to do some writing soon.
cool.gif
In the mean time, I think they work well and offer a significant savings compared to alkalines. If you do a lot of listening, here's the Ten Cell Charger. I think there's actually about 10 batteries in stock and a few chargers but, after that they're probably a week out.
wink.gif

Cheers,
Jamey

Jun 7, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #431 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitaldave
Tyll, jamey,

Probably a daft question - does the USB input of the Micro DAC work from a Mac? Or are the drivers PC only?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I was under the impression that the micro DAC did not have any drivers - it uses the standard USB audio interface. Thus, you should be ok no matter what your platform.

As for reviews of the microdac, give us more!
biggrin.gif

/JF

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #432 of 481
The Micro DAC uses the generic USB Audio drivers that ship with Windows 98/ME/2k/XP/Server 2003, Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. It also works with Linux 2.4 and 2.6 if you have ALSA (and the USB Audio driver) installed.

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #433 of 481
The real question is when Windows Mobile will ship with usb audio drivers, seeing as most of the devices have USB Host support now. I wonder if anyone has tried with one of the linux based handhelds....

More portable digital goodness
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #434 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiiEf
I was under the impression that the micro DAC did not have any drivers - it uses the standard USB audio interface. Thus, you should be ok no matter what your platform.

As for reviews of the microdac, give us more!
biggrin.gif

/JF

anything that interfaces with your computer at all uses a "driver". the micro dac just uses a generic driver that generally already exists on your windows or mac machine already.

rj

Jun 7, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #435 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
anything that interfaces with your computer at all uses a "driver". the micro dac just uses a generic driver that generally already exists on your windows or mac machine already.

rj

Well, I am actually quite aware of this fact, but was merely trying to give a simplified version (by referring to the standard usb audio interface) and not trying to give an accurate description of the mating process between the computer and the micro dac...
wink.gif

/JF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back