A buddy of mine doesn't believe me...look at this pic.
Mar 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it would have been photoshopped I would've changed the top instead of the legs
tongue.gif

Thanks for the female perspective. That confirms my suspicions
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #47 of 63
Meh, I think shopped.

When you sit on something, you get muscle and soft tissue displacement, this would shift the outline of her buttocks from symetrical. Look at her right buttock, do you see any signs of pressure?

So what is holding her weight, her legs...no. look at the muscle tension. So what we have here is a girl supported by her unseen right hand and the palm of her unnaturally extended left hand and no bottock compression.

Is it me or do the skin tones not match between torso and legs?

Mar 2, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it would have been photoshopped I would've changed the top instead of the legs
tongue.gif

I think it's real. She's lying in an inconvenient manner but a lot of people put themselves in inconvenient positions just to look "good" on a photo.
The lightning and shadows are real and her feet are leaning on the rock, not floating above.

Yeah, I also have a strange blending problem on my left side, when I prop myself up on some rocks, my left arm goes a bit too long and I like to rest my hand on the air above the rocks.

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #50 of 63
Here's my reasoning as to why it's fake again.

I wouldn't really call this a "buddy of mine" more or less, a student of mine in my Poker Class. He's in his 60's(?) and the girl lives in Russia, and is wanting to come over to the US. We debated "hey you only have to blah blah for 2 years, and heck let her do whatever afterwards, yada yada..."

So he sends me this pic in my eMail, and it's only SLIGHTLY bigger(maybe 15 pixels larger), I shrank it down so I could upload it here. We're not good friends or anything, but he's a good guy....and it'd suck for him to be duped. She says she lives 2500km away from the nearest airport, he offered to send her a webcam and she declin ed saying it wouldn't fly at work, etc....for all we know, she COULD be tellikng the truth, but it just seems all funny to me...

My reasoning behind resting on her palm is this, whenever you rest your palm on something, unless it's on a FLAT surface, wouldn't the fingers arch? Either downwards or upwards, not just flat. You would atleast see the bottoms of some of the other fingers rather, it's FLAT, almost like it's resting on an edge of something...also, the fleshy bottom part of her thumb wouldn't be so flat, it'd be more pronounced wouldn't it?

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #51 of 63
There are a few tell-tales signs of photoshopped.

The water is wrong.
Angle of the girl and the rest of the pic is different.
The body has no conformity to the rock that it is on.

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't really call this a "buddy of mine" more or less, a student of mine in my Poker Class. He's in his 60's and the girl lives in Russia, and is wanting to come over to the US. We debated "hey you only have to blah blah for 2 years, and heck let her do whatever afterwards, yada yada..."

Off topic but if he plans to bring her over as a fiance, then it is SEVEN years until she can get legal status to live in the US on her own.

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

I wouldn't really call this a "buddy of mine" more or less, a student of mine in my Poker Class. He's in his 60's and the girl lives in Russia, and is wanting to come over to the US. We debated "hey you only have to blah blah for 2 years, and heck let her do whatever afterwards, yada yada..."

The pic may be fake or not, but the bigger issue is that the relationship is most definitely fake. It's a well known scam that the "girl," assuming there is even a girl on the other end, will soon ask for cash - to put affairs in order first, to buy a plane ticket over, and in some case if you've been smart enough to not hand cash over all the way up to her paying to fly over herself, giving a sob story in the airport asking for cash for this and that. Desperate men looking for picture brides are easy marks.

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

My reasoning behind resting on her palm is this, whenever you rest your palm on something, unless it's on a FLAT surface, wouldn't the fingers arch? Either downwards or upwards, not just flat. You would atleast see the bottoms of some of the other fingers rather, it's FLAT, almost like it's resting on an edge of something...also, the flechy bottom part of her thumb wouldn't be so flat, it'd be more pronounced wouldn't it?

That's not an argument for it being photoshopped, that's an argument against her being human.

bladerunner_harrison_ford.sized.jpg

Where's Rick Deckard when you need him to administer his Voigt-Kampff test?

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

My reasoning behind resting on her palm is this, whenever you rest your palm on something, unless it's on a FLAT surface, wouldn't the fingers arch? Either downwards or upwards, not just flat. You would atleast see the bottoms of some of the other fingers rather, it's FLAT, almost like it's resting on an edge of something...also, the flechy bottom part of her thumb wouldn't be so flat, it'd be more pronounced wouldn't it?

I have no idea (from a technical standpoint) whether the pic is real or not, but it seems real to me.

The fingers wouldn't arch in this instance. Not if she's using the heal of the palm of her hand to absorb some of the weight of her upper body as she leaned back slightly. In other words, she doesn't want to get her hand dirty, so she looks over her shoulder to find something to lean back on, ever to slightly, and just for a moment while the picture is being taken she places the heal of her palm on the rock. This is a very "girl like" move which we've all seen a million times before.

This could cause her to tense up her hand by straightening her fingers out. Essentially, she's locking her elbow and making a stiff "chair leg" out of her arm with one point (the heal of her palm) touching the rock.

This would then explain the tension in her left shoulder and some muscle definition between her armpit and breast, but I don't want to get into all of that. We're starting to get even further afield from my expertise, which is accounting!
biggrin.gif
We bean counters are not supposed to know anything about that kind of stuff.

In any case, it does look to me that she's applying pressure on the heal of her palm, but of course she could have been doing so in a lawn chair someplace as well and then had the background photoshopped in. As others have said, however, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me because there is nothing particularly exotic about her pose or the background. It all seems rather natural so me.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion
Where's Rick Deckard when you need him to administer his Voigt-Kampff test?

There are reports indicating he is with a female replicant somewhere up North. It's too bad she won't live; but then again, who does?
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it entertaining how the advent of photochopping has created a sort of cottage industry of self-proclaimed photo experts who jump to declare a rather broad variety of photos as being faked.

There we go again, Filburt against the ignorant masses

v8fsr8.png

(BTW, this ^ is not a 'shop, it's a Paint)

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #60 of 63
Well, seems she cut off communication with him after he suggested to her it was P-Shopped photo and pointed her to this thread...turns out it was a P-Shop....or atleast, it wasn't her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back