AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 10, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #3,571 of 3,635
AüR Audio Aehta comparison photos, Aehta - Ascension - Aurora - Alita

Nozzle is very similar to Aurora, so both longer and smaller in width than Ascension. The shell are also quite small and should fit most ears, most of the size is in the depth. So they wont sit completely flush witht the ear, ofc depend on how deep/large your ears are.

DSCF5104.jpg

DSCF5105.jpg

DSCF5106.jpg

DSCF5109.jpg

DSCF5108.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg
Great size comparison pics, Leo! Thank you, you make our decisions much easier with your pics and reviews 👍

May 11, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #3,572 of 3,635
That is only perception, for the most part manufacturers simply default to the accepted norm of 12 months and there is no definitive relationship between warranty period and quality of the product.

If it was as simple as you state every product with a 12 month warranty period would have the same quality which obviously isn’t true.

I totally get your position regarding the AuR warranty but I figure life is to short to worry about something that only has a small chance of actually affecting me directly so I ignored the warranty and have bought three IEM from them. I would like to think that AuR would stand behind a fault after say 12 months even if I had to cover shipping costs both ways perhaps.

You don’t have to think the same of course and there are plenty of other options. Campfire have a two year warranty. Are they four times the quality ? I don’t believe they are.
Also, people like to think warranty is free. It's not. You make an estimate of the percentage that will need to be fixed, then estimate an average cost, and divide it over the sales forecast.

Big ticket items like cars. A long warranty will drive purchase decisions. I believe the Europeans started with the 5 years warranty and now practically all brands do 3 or 5 years. I am not sure if offering 3 years on an IEM will have the same effect. I would be happy to pay another 150 more on a Storm for sure. Apple is also an example where instead of forcing 3 years on you, it's optional. Of course, cars and consumer electronics are massive businesses with different dynamics to a small audio equipment company. But the basic principles are the same when it comes to warranty.

May 11, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #3,574 of 3,635
Which forums? Any other reputable place besides headfi?
Not really imo 🤣 - one in mind is more of what appears to be a play area for - mostly - quite stubborn conspiracy theorists pulling out forks and torches as soon as someone dares to say something not in line with their prejudices.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #3,575 of 3,635
Not really imo 🤣 - one in mind is more of what appears to be a play area for - mostly - quite stubborn conspiracy theorists pulling out forks and torches as soon as someone dares to say something not in line with their prejudices
That’s stuff for water cooler thread. They love that. Haha

May 11, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #3,576 of 3,635
Not really imo 🤣 - one in mind is more of what appears to be a play area for - mostly - quite stubborn conspiracy theorists pulling out forks and torches as soon as someone dares to say something not in line with their prejudices.
Oh yeah. Never say anything negative about Moondrops there. It's the most amazing thing since the automobile was invented. Learned that the hard way.

May 11, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #3,577 of 3,635
I found that Ascension has a very similar FR graph to Annihilator 21 and Hype 4, and so do Aehta and 622B. I know FR is only part of how an IEM sounds, and they must not sound very identical. Still, if someone has listened to all of these IEMs, I am eager to know how they would compare these sets.

WhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.29.26_1d6eea72.jpg
WhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.29.42_82cece22.jpg
WhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.32.00_5c24f53b.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #3,578 of 3,635
Haven't had that much time yet with Aehta, but I can say I really like this. No need to brain adjustment, liked it from first track. Biggest surprise to me is how clear and resolving it is, quite certain this is the most clear and resolving model from AüR.
I know some dont like switches, but they work so well here. Being able to go from a more neutral bright tuning 011 to a bassy L shaped signature 100 is awesome, makes it so versatile. So far my go to have been 111, full sounding and fun. Can share more again tomorrow, maybe do some short comparisons.

Cable below is not stock cable, its Worker Bee from Flash Acoustic.

DSCF5116.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #3,579 of 3,635
Am giving Aetha a miss until Aur release its flagship Allusion.
Is the driver configuration of Allusion known as yet? Thanks.

May 11, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #3,580 of 3,635
Is the driver configuration of Allusion known as yet? Thanks.
Will be joining the AUR family.

Had a nice chat with local SG Nicholas days back of him coming back stronger. Back then I did order Nimbus but due to reasons it was not fulfilled. Am always happy to support any local guys as long as their IEMs are affordable for music lovers and when in our ears appreciating in turn embracing its beauty in delivering hours of fun filled enjoyment.

Aure to me more of a reinvented Nimbus with better sonic base on our discussion. His new flagship Allusion (8 BAs with Quad EST) seems interesting from the way he shared. Let’s hope it’ll be affordable as well.

Seen here as previously mentioned by @yiokuan . Not sure if there's been any changes.

May 11, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #3,581 of 3,635
I found that Ascension has a very similar FR graph to Annihilator 21 and Hype 4, and so do Aehta and 622B. I know FR is only part of how an IEM sounds, and they must not sound very identical. Still, if someone has listened to all of these IEMs, I am eager to know how they would compare these sets.

WhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.29.26_1d6eea72.jpgWhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.29.42_82cece22.jpgWhatsApp 图像2024-05-11于13.32.00_5c24f53b.jpg
I could not tolerate the treble for either Anni21 nor Anni23 so unable to make a good comparison. Mids are the highlight of Ascension and that is what CP622 is lacking (recessed).

May 11, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #3,582 of 3,635

1123.jpg

I haven't heard Anni 2021, but when comparing Anni 2023 to Ascension, I think that they sound very different.

Ascension has a softer, more analog, tubey sound than Anni 2023, and I think it has a more of a W-shaped sound with an emphasis on the mid-bass and vocals. The vocals sound more up close and intimate and have a bit of reverberation.

Anni 2023, on the other hand, has better resolution, wider soundstage than Ascension. I consider Anni 2023 to have a U-shaped sound, with bass skewed toward sub-bass expression and very crispy, clear trebles.

This may be a matter of taste, but for the music I listen to, the Ascension is a better fit.

But as always, YMMV, so take it with a grain of salt!

May 12, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #3,584 of 3,635
My take. Annihilator23 has got very deep bass and treble extension. The bass is too much for me, but I love the air and treble extension. I still prefer the Gaea as it's got the house signature, but not fatiguing. The Anni23 is very power hungry and scales very well with good sources. If you have a good chain, it is insanely detailed. As for sounding like the Ascension. It doesn't sound alike at all. Ascension is easy to drive, non fatiguing, with sweet mids. Something you can use all day and is great as a general purpose IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back