AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 15, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #3,076 of 3,659
Mar 15, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #3,077 of 3,659
To be fair. People dropping resin IEMs and cracking them seem to surface once in a while. The last one I read, some guy with a pair of Empire Ears managed to do just that. Stuff like this does happen. Resin specifications don't seem to be a thing and there is no way to know who is using the good stuff and who is skimping.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #3,078 of 3,659
To be fair. People dropping resin IEMs and cracking them seem to surface once in a while. The last one I read, some guy with a pair of Empire Ears managed to do just that. Stuff like this does happen. Resin specifications don't seem to be a thing and there is no way to know who is using the good stuff and who is skimping.
Get stainless steel IEMs like FiiO FD5 instead. You can throw them at any dude who tries to mug you 😂

I thought AuR’s shells are 3D printed? I reviewed a few UV cured acrylic resin IEMs recently and I was shocked by how light they are, even though the walls seem thick. I don’t recall the AuR aurora (the only AuR I have used) flimsy or light.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #3,079 of 3,659
As for resin quality, I feel that AüR is very good and among the better ones.
Some models in resin can feel more premium if they have the filled resin style as it gets more heavy, doesn't really mean it's better built. And a lighter shell help with better comfort and more secure fit.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #3,080 of 3,659
But you can lend him your Ascension so he can demo it, if my opinion is so offensive to you.
Never said it's offensive? I said it's irrational. Everyone's ears are about as unique as their fingerprint. So your point is about as moot as getting annoyed that you cannot unlock his phone with your fingerprint.

I don’t recall the AuR aurora (the only AuR I have used) flimsy or light.
Yep. That might be so because it isn't flimsy. Nor overly light. In the slightest.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #3,081 of 3,659
Never said it's offensive? I said it's irrational. Everyone's ears are about as unique as their fingerprint. So your point is about as moot as getting annoyed that you cannot unlock his phone with your fingerprint.

Yep. That might be so because it isn't flimsy. Nor overly light. In the slightest.

Speaking of irrational, I had a conversation on Head Fi where a guy was complaining that the factory formed heat shrink ear hooks on a well known budget set didn’t fit him. He was complaining that the manufacturer should change their ear hook radius. He understood that anyone can reform them in five minutes with a hairdryer but he thought for $135 he shouldn’t have to do that !! 😂

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #3,083 of 3,659

Yet you jumped all over my opinion because it wasn’t totally effusive. If I have a right to have my opinion, and I didn’t say anything offensive, why did you feel the need to be so defensive What was such a problem for you to react the way you did?

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #3,084 of 3,659
Yet you jumped all over my opinion because it wasn’t totally effusive. If I have a right to have my opinion, and I didn’t say anything offensive, why did you feel the need to be so defensive What was such a problem for you to react the way you did?
I feel my response was calm and collected with an obvious aim of shedding light on your opinion which you intentionally pumped up in hopes to do not sure what exactly.

And dealing with trolls is so yesteryear that I will end this here.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #3,085 of 3,659
I do have driver flex on my left IEM. Initially, I thought that it was a defect in the IEM but when I started moving it, it became normal. Any tips how to improve this?

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #3,086 of 3,659
The Ascension is cleaner and more invisible than the Prestige LTD which costs twice as much.
thats interesting as I found Thieaudio fit and finish to be overall better than Aür. Imo I think the build quality of the handmade sets like the NP and Aure are better than the newer ones (Aurora and Ascension). Everything is extremely flush on the handmade sets and feels like its one piece whereas the newer sets have a noticeable cap and seam. The nozzle on Ascension is a little rough looking and could use a bit more polish. When compared to other IEMs in the $700 range I do think the Ascensions are lower in the pack but I have no concern about durability, especially around the 2 pin. build quality aside I prefer the SQ of the Ascension over everything else in that price range.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #3,088 of 3,659
I do have driver flex on my left IEM. Initially, I thought that it was a defect in the IEM but when I started moving it, it became normal. Any tips how to improve this?
So far the zhuaudio bamboo eartips work best for me unlike the spinfit w1. The w1 is hard to insert the Ascension and looks uneven. I can't say for other ear tips as those 2 are the only ones I've tried.

Here's the link to the bamboo eartips https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Qjjh6BAgSEAE&usg=AOvVaw3jerVg1fbNR0y6AofpOYwr

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #3,089 of 3,659
I would disagree about it being irrational. While the shell is custom like the nozzle _can_ be a major issue. Especially for people who already use MS or smaller tips. For instance you cant even fit a small Dunu S&S on it. The nozzle width is wider than the actual tip and you end up creating essentially a silicon sleeve for the nozzle.
I never use small S&S on any IEMs anyway. Even medium is too small and don't seal my ears well.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #3,090 of 3,659
And dealing with trolls is so yesteryear that I will end this here.
I know @gooberbm personally and he is anything but a troll. He's a good guy who gives his honest opinion about his experiences. In the case of the Ascension, his experience wasn't great and fit seemed to be the main issue.

To dismiss this opinion because it goes against yours under the guise of "fit is unique to anyone" is disingenuous. You can literally dismiss any opinion in this forum because everything is extremely subjective.

As for people saying he was making broad statements outside of his opinion, I don't get that. Everything we type on this forum is _our opinion_ on a subject regardless of if we say "in my opinion" or "to me". If I say "wow this set is sibilant" It should be obvious I'm basing that statement off my own experience and nothing more. Nothing we say is objective.

If other people's experiences match your own that is great, but that doesn't mean your experience is any more valid or impactful than someone elses.

Its up to each person reading to gather everyone's personal opinions and decide for themselves if they want to take the leap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back