AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 26, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #2,853 of 3,543
My too highest priced sets were Okavango and Quattro. Okavango I sold a few months later and Quattro I sold two days after I got them. Wasn’t for me. My edc has been the Soundrhyme SR5 for awhile now and it is similarly W shaped just not quite as refined and lacks a little bass compared to Ascension but still holds up amazingly well for $150
A sub-100€ set can actually be just as enjoyable as the one nearing 1k€ if the former's tuning is to your liking. What separates them is often hidden at first and needs a longer listen or direct A/B to be appreciated. I still reach for EPZ Q5 occasionally and feel very comfy with its sound.

Tried NP with and without bass switch and it didn't reach me. Aurora on the other hand is able to deliver bass with slight EQ bass boost, same with Ascension. Your ears may vary.
What does your EQ look like? I'd never describe any of AüRs as lacking in bass. Well, they may be lacking some midbass/low mids weight if that's your preference.

Jan 26, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #2,855 of 3,543
Tried NP with and without bass switch and it didn't reach me. Aurora on the other hand is able to deliver bass with slight EQ bass boost, same with Ascension. Your ears may vary.
I'm shocked to hear you get more bass from the serial stock vs the Ascension. Ears do very I guess cause I never really got a strong bass from the serial. Unit variance may be at play a bit as well.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #2,857 of 3,543
Still burning in Ascension and maybe different tips will sound bassier.

120Hz peak 0.8dB
180Hz peak 0.4dB
280Hz LS 1dB
So just the mid bass. That makes sense for other Aür sets. Aurora and Aure definitely dip in the midbass and NPs midbass is pretty tight and punchy so I can see why you would prefer serial there.

What tips are you using for Ascension?

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #2,859 of 3,543
Tested Dunu S&S. What do you use?
I use the clear silicone tips from the S12. They have a similar silicone to the KBear 07s but the bore is slightly narrower and the stem is wiser so its got a better fit. I couldnt get the S&S to seal well for me. I found the best mid bass performance with either foam tips or tips with narrower bores and thicker silicone. The downside of foams is I do lose some sub bass.

While the silicone isn't the thickest I got great overall sound (including midbass) from the Spinfit 155s. the only issue I had with them is driver flex if I moved my head

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #2,860 of 3,543
Still burning in Ascension and maybe different tips will sound bassier.

120Hz peak 0.8dB
180Hz peak 0.4dB
280Hz LS 1dB
Tips play a huge role. Primarily they need to fit snugly and be comfortable, then it's all about material, bore length and bore width.

This is what I thought. Not really anything drastic. You prefer a bit more of perceived punch and warmth. It might just be your brain acclimatizing due to your longer period of listening to Serial, I imagine?

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #2,862 of 3,543
While purchasing something on a local classified. The young person I was dealing with was very pleasant and turned out to be one of the co-founders of Aur Audio. We ended up chatting quite a bit and I managed to form a rough impression. He reminds me of when I was a young man. A passionate idealist of humble background, believed totally in what I was doing. Working with razor thin margins, while turning out every product with great care. Everyone who buys is not just a customer, but a supporter of my dreams.

No budget for marketing, refusing to bribe for a review. Taking the long hard road of making
great products, hoping for the word of mouth to spread.

I went to check on their site. Surprised to find their flagship priced at such a low price. If what I am reading is correct. This is another hubris of youth. Underpricing due to fear no one will buy the product if it cost more.

To survive and thrive in the shark tank. These young men will eventually learn the lessons that need to be learned. Probably the hard way. If they overcome it and thrive. The next Ascension will not be priced like this one.

I ordered an Ascension. What a steal. Looking forward to joining the conversation.

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #2,863 of 3,543
Another Ascension to the family.

x.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #2,864 of 3,543
They are very different, Ascension more W shaped and OH700VB much more V shaped. Midrange is slightly dark on OH700VB but its not a dark IEM as treble is forward energetic and airy. I preffer Ascenion as I can listen all day and all genres without fatigue, OH700VB is very picky for treble energy is songs and can easy get to much.

Bass is also very different between the two, OH700VB can be very neutral with switch off but turn it on and play electronica and you can get something I would call a basshead amount of bass. Subwoofer like experience.

I have been using Silver Palladium paired with the Eletech Baroque tips, I also have liked it alot with Effect Audio Cadmus 8w.
Thank you for the comparison. One last question: I was told that Oriveti has a very strong bass in quantity. Some here says that Ascension does not have enough bass. Do you confirm? I am not a bass head but I like when there is a good amount of bass in my music. I am not a fun of neutral IEMs because they are boring

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #2,865 of 3,543
While purchasing something on a local classified. The young person I was dealing with was very pleasant and turned out to be one of the co-founders of Aur Audio. We ended up chatting quite a bit and I managed to form a rough impression. He reminds me of when I was a young man. A passionate idealist of humble background, believed totally in what I was doing. Working with razor thin margins, while turning out every product with great care. Everyone who buys is not just a customer, but a supporter of my dreams.

No budget for marketing, refusing to bribe for a review. Taking the long hard road of making
great products, hoping for the word of mouth to spread.

I went to check on their site. Surprised to find their flagship priced at such a low price. If what I am reading is correct. This is another hubris of youth. Underpricing due to fear no one will buy the product if it cost more.

To survive and thrive in the shark tank. These young men will eventually learn the lessons that need to be learned. Probably the hard way. If they overcome it and thrive. The next Ascension will not be priced like this one.

I ordered an Ascension. What a steal. Looking forward to joining the conversation.

As a brand, I agree they have a lot of admirable qualities. They make awesome, thoughtfully-designed IEMs at fair prices, and don't try to bowl you over with shifty marketing speak or constant releases. They have some haters here but I'm honestly not sure why, I must've missed something. Or maybe I just think the hate isn't equivalent to whatever offenses they've committed.

Speaking of, here's mine with the Penon Vocal cable.

Attachments

• 20240129_010955.jpg
    20240129_010955.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back