AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 23, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #2,821 of 3,543
I only had something like a driver flex on Neon Pro as there are no venting holes. How exactly do you feel "driver flex" anyway? Is it like pressure being built up?
The neon pro doesn’t have a dd so it’s impossible to have driver flex.

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #2,822 of 3,543
How do you have driver flex with the Andro which has no DD :dt880smile: And wide open IEM like U4s
I was sure it was that one, it's many years back. But as you say it can't happen. Probably just had bad ear pressure same as I had on Meteor.

But yeah u4s have very small nozzles and is difficult for me with my normal tips, xelastec large gave best seal but the drivers flexed and I have to open up ear to reduce the pressure. Hear the pop then on insert.

I think you have been very lucky so far, or it's down to our ears. Almost always the right ear that get it for me, even if it's the largest one.

Not trying to save AüR here, as it also happens for me on their green Aure. It's basically down to ears being different.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #2,823 of 3,543
Left Aure does have driver flex for me too upon insertion.

Is it slightly annoying? I guess.
Do I care once the music is playing? Nope. Not at all.

If it doesn't arise upon listening to music while moving your jaw etc, does driver flex really matter at all?

Anyway, I will soon be able to report whether Ascension has it 😁😁😁

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #2,824 of 3,543
I only had something like a driver flex on Neon Pro as there are no venting holes. How exactly do you feel "driver flex" anyway? Is it like pressure being built up?

Driver flex happens with DD and cannot happen with BA drivers.

It is a plastic like crinkling sound caused literally by the driver diaphragm flexing under pressure, generally when inserting the IEM with tips that seal very well or that might even need a bit of a wriggle to get them seated.

I have it on Campfire Solaris with Penon Liqueur tips which seal really well and are bit sticky so need a wiggle to seat properly. I would rather it didn’t happen but it doesn’t bother me unduly.

If you hear something like that with the Neon Pro it is probably just pressure within your ear canal possibly escaping past the tip as they are pushed in.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #2,825 of 3,543
I was sure it was that one, it's many years back. But as you say it can't happen. Probably just had bad ear pressure same as I had on Meteor.

But yeah u4s have very small nozzles and is difficult for me with my normal tips, xelastec large gave best seal but the drivers flexed and I have to open up ear to reduce the pressure. Hear the pop then on insert.

I think you have been very lucky so far, or it's down to our ears. Almost always the right ear that get it for me, even if it's the largest one.

Not trying to save AüR here, as it also happens for me on their green Aure. It's basically down to ears being different.
That reminds me, @baskingshark also reported driver flex on many sets. Maybe my ears don’t seal well

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #2,826 of 3,543
If it doesn't arise upon listening to music while moving your jaw etc, does driver flex really matter at all?
Those who eat burgers while listening to music have complaints, and those who yawn all the time because they never get enough sleep :wink:
Folks complain about anything and everything.

I just discovered this thread :wink:

Cheers!

Jan 23, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #2,828 of 3,543
But if it's a big problem I would just ask AüR about it. Worst is having to use a product that's uncomfortable or annoy you because of a problem.
I did and they said no one else has reported it as a problem and it won't harm the IEM. I asked if it would be a warranty issue but they didn't answer that part of my question 😔

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #2,830 of 3,543
Dynamic driver flex is not a warranty issue and it shouldn't be, again this is completely normal for a vented hybrid and happens due to air moving through the said vent.
I never said it was, my sadness is only at the fact that they ignored my question, not that I got a answer I didn't like.

You keep harping about how it's normal yet the reason you say it happens is incorrect. Its not due to air moving through the vent but the pressure differential that is formed because of the lack of air moving through the venting, causing the front volume of the DD to build pressure and flex the DD. Eventually the pressure equalizes to the point where it no longer flexes. That's why some sets will continue if you move your jaw and others are good, since the air has eventually moved through the rear vent.

Its the same problem as pressure build up in all BAs, you just don't get the flex. Is it uncommon, no. Is it bad for the driver, it seems unlikely, is it possible to avoid in the majority of cases, 100%. There will always be some people that it happens to and that's down to ear anatomy but again, it's not normal or the common case.

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #2,831 of 3,543
In my experience the right tips can 'heal' all - at least most - issues with pressure build-up.

Guess one reason I prefer foamies over silicone has exactly to do with that, as I feel more comfortable (but still properly sealed) with foamies...

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #2,832 of 3,543
In my experience the right tips can 'heal' all - at least most - issues with pressure build-up.

Guess one reason I prefer foamies over silicone has exactly to do with that, as I feel more comfortable (but still properly sealed) with foamies...
Foamies are indeed the final solution. Can't get driver flex with those bad boys. I wish I found some that gave me the sound of my fav silicon tips. Hybrids don't help either since it's still sealing with silicone

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #2,833 of 3,543
Foamies are indeed the final solution. Can't get driver flex with those bad boys. I wish I found some that gave me the sound of my fav silicon tips. Hybrids don't help either since it's still sealing with silicone
Maybe the following tips could help, as they seem to have a special surface structure

https://hifi-passion.de/zubehoer/ear-tips/tangzu-tang-sancai

Or these

https://thehificat.com/de-de/produc...e-silicone-eartips-1-card-2-pairs-t300b-t300t

which have a built in pressure relief...

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #2,834 of 3,543
Maybe the following tips could help, as they seem to have a special surface structure

https://hifi-passion.de/zubehoer/ear-tips/tangzu-tang-sancai
I have these in my usual size and based on direct A/Bing I can confirm that my findings were they definitely seal worse than most other tips (exception being Symbio W (which is so stiff that it does not seal at all, but somehow makes the vocals gorgeous) which in turn means bass is reduced, but openness, airiness, and indeed, comfort is improved.

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #2,835 of 3,543

Users who are viewing this thread

Back