AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 22, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #2,671 of 3,648
I have been enjoying the ascension quite a bit. It’s only been a few hours of listening so too soon for detailed impressions, but I wanted to share some thoughts for those interested. It is a nice balanced sound, I agree with Leonarfd it is very airy this is probably the first thing I noticed. Sub bass rumble is nice but I do wish it had a little more mid bass thump. Been listening to the bonneville a lot lately and the bass on the bonneville for me is more enjoyable. However, the separation is better on the ascension and it is very nalanced making the ascension is a very enjoyable listen.

Regarding the fit, I had a lot of problems with the neon pro and I’m glad to say I haven’t had the same issues with the ascension. Compared to the np it is a little smaller and less aggressive with the wing which works a lot better for me. I must warn others though the nozzle itself is wide. It reminds me of the Gaea in that it takes more work to get tips onto the nozzle and if you use small tip I’d be cautious in buying the ascension. I use medium pretty consistently and the nozzle thickness is right at my limit.

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #2,672 of 3,648
I have been enjoying the ascension quite a bit. It’s only been a few hours of listening so too soon for detailed impressions, but I wanted to share some thoughts for those interested. It is a nice balanced sound, I agree with Leonarfd it is very airy this is probably the first thing I noticed. Sub bass rumble is nice but I do wish it had a little more mid bass thump. Been listening to the bonneville a lot lately and the bass on the bonneville for me is more enjoyable. However, the separation is better on the ascension and it is very nalanced making the ascension is a very enjoyable listen.

Regarding the fit, I had a lot of problems with the neon pro and I’m glad to say I haven’t had the same issues with the ascension. Compared to the np it is a little smaller and less aggressive with the wing which works a lot better for me. I must warn others though the nozzle itself is wide. It reminds me of the Gaea in that it takes more work to get tips onto the nozzle and if you use small tip I’d be cautious in buying the ascension. I use medium pretty consistently and the nozzle thickness is right at my limit.

For best comfort I have used a size down in tips, agree with you if people have problems with large nozzles that can happen here. But it also sit better in my ear than Aurora, maybe due to the shorter nozzle.

Bonneville have similar measured bass as my Grand Duke, I love that set. Very bassy and unnatural, but what fun it is. After having used GD for some time I have to adjust my ears again to a more natural amount.

1000020093.png

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #2,673 of 3,648

Well noted about the fit! I didn’t expect it to be that comfortable for such a hefty driver setup (1+5+2)
In comparison Annihilator is a monster that rips your ear channel🥲🥲🥲
I find it very resolving yet not fatiguing (a misfortune that Mest Mk2 suffers)
Clear, warmish and absolutely 100% High Resolution

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #2,674 of 3,648
So I've been listening to the Ascension for a couple of days and so far I've been really enjoying them. I am still a bit away from writing down full thoughts but I can speak to fitment. I was very worried about it with the thick nozzle as I have had bad experiences with thick nozzles in the past but the only issue that has given me on this set is making it harder to find tips that work. I ended up using short stem, wide bore tips and the fit is pretty perfect! The shell has a custom like fit and while its on the bigger side, once its in your ear it doesn't look or feel bad. I will say I do have some driver flex on the right side when I insert and remove the IEM (or wiggle it around) but unlike other sets that have had that issue for me it doesn't flex when moving my head or jaw so once they are in its a non-issue. It's still annoying but I can live with it for now. Has anyone else experienced driver flex on their sets?

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #2,675 of 3,648
So I've been listening to the Ascension for a couple of days and so far I've been really enjoying them. I am still a bit away from writing down full thoughts but I can speak to fitment. I was very worried about it with the thick nozzle as I have had bad experiences with thick nozzles in the past but the only issue that has given me on this set is making it harder to find tips that work. I ended up using short stem, wide bore tips and the fit is pretty perfect! The shell has a custom like fit and while its on the bigger side, once its in your ear it doesn't look or feel bad. I will say I do have some driver flex on the right side when I insert and remove the IEM (or wiggle it around) but unlike other sets that have had that issue for me it doesn't flex when moving my head or jaw so once they are in its a non-issue. It's still annoying but I can live with it for now. Has anyone else experienced driver flex on their sets?
No driver flex here, but I have plenty experience with driver flex 😅
Aure R + Okavango L+R Neo 5 R + est50 R + Z1r L+R. My right ear has stronger seal, maybe why it's more often that side.

Look forward to your take and how you like it compared to your Aure.

Started my Christmas vacation, lots of music and family time now.

PXL_20231223_072013723~2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #2,676 of 3,648
Well noted about the fit! I didn’t expect it to be that comfortable for such a hefty driver setup (1+5+2)
In comparison Annihilator is a monster that rips your ear channel🥲🥲🥲
I find it very resolving yet not fatiguing (a misfortune that Mest Mk2 suffers)
Clear, warmish and absolutely 100% High Resolution
Annihilator will also annihilate your wallet.

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #2,677 of 3,648
No driver flex here, but I have plenty experience with driver flex 😅
Aure R + Okavango L+R Neo 5 R + est50 R + Z1r L+R. My right ear has stronger seal, maybe why it's more often that side.

Look forward to your take and how you like it compared to your Aure.

Started my Christmas vacation, lots of music and family time now.

PXL_20231223_072013723~2.jpg
I just got an xDSD Gryphon so its going to be a fun week! I have a lot of thoughts but not enough time to get them down at the moment. Too busy enjoying the music when I can

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #2,679 of 3,648
Dec 28, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #2,684 of 3,648
Compared a lot last days, I can share some now. The Ascension has something from all of the previous models.
Bass that has the nice texture of Aurora, but the amount is more like NP with more sub bass.
Mids that more or less is a mix of Aure and Aurora.
Highs that are similar as NP in amount and clarity, but has more air.

I would say that Ascension is a W shaped signature, very rich and engaging sound.

DSCF3980.jpg

Dec 28, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #2,685 of 3,648
Compared a lot last days, I can share some now. The Ascension has something from all of the previous models.
Bass that has the nice texture of Aurora, but the amount is more like NP with more sub bass.
Mids that more or less is a mix of Aure and Aurora.
Highs that are similar as NP in amount and clarity, but has more air.

I would say that Ascension is a W shaped signature, very rich and engaging sound.
So it's an IEM you can finally ascend from the rabbithole with? :money_mouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back