AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jun 16, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,351 of 3,544
Day 3 with Aurora, been focusing on how they do with electronica today. The bass is like made for it, fast, technical and impactful. The mids make everything super clear, and treble a good balance also where its not fatiguing (might be personal problem, always prefer not to forward treble on electronica).

A few I like, all sound really good.

Also my sub bass rattle test

DSCF2705.jpg

Very curious to hear comparisons to your Aures.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,352 of 3,544
Very curious to hear comparisons to your Aures.
Yeah me two :beyersmile:

Probably tomorrow, I also have 50+ hours usage and burn in tomorrow. Been focusing on just enjoying the Aurora without any comparing.

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #1,353 of 3,544
Not to mention that Rn6 is $3200 and NP $700. That they're even comparable in sound and performance is a testament to AüR's Abel Hsu and his abilities. As AüR grows, I expect great things!
Totally. It really is a relative bargain. It’s technical chops aren’t quite up to the level of the RN6 but the fact that it doesn’t lag that far behind is impressive. Especially when you consider it’s less than 1/4 the price. Diminishing returns are real :sweat_smile:

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #1,354 of 3,544
Haven't forgotten about this. I just spent the week traveling for work and brought only the Neon Pro with me to get accustomed to it. Spent most evenings in the hotel playing through various albums and getting a feel for the sound signature.

My initial, high level take is that RN6 is on the whole a more balanced IEM than the NP. Finding the NP to be rather energetic which is great when you're wanting that type of signature / if it suites the genre but can become tiresome or too "in your face" at times as well. I hear RN6 to be a more comprehensive all arounder than NP. I like NP with ~80% of my library whereas RN6 works with essentially all of it. RN6 is more effortless in it's presentation and less show-y. I find them quite complimentary rather than competitive.

I am still struggling a bit with fit on the NP. Namely pressure on the concha from the nub on the inside of the shell and slight ear canal pressure build up if I don't get them seated right. I wish the shells were vented. I've tried a number of my go to tips, AET07, W1, Crystals, and Spiral Dot++, and far and away find the best fit and comfort with the Spiral Dots. The NP shells are right on the cusp of being too large for my ears but not finding fit to be a total deal breaker like it was with EXT.

If I can find some time I'll A/B with the RN6 this weekend using some select albums / tracks I know intimately. Will report back with more thoughts.
I though the RN6 was as energetic as the NP. If it is not, I think I lost my interest in it (in any case I can afford its price). I like energetic IEMs (and music).

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #1,355 of 3,544
I though the RN6 was as energetic as the NP. If it is not, I think I lost my interest in it (in any case I can afford its price). I like energetic IEMs (and music).
RN6 isn’t laid back by any means but I don’t find it quite as energetic as NP. I find NP to be more V shaped and RN6 to be more W shaped.

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #1,356 of 3,544
RN6 isn’t laid back by any means but I don’t find it quite as energetic as NP. I find NP to be more V shaped and RN6 to be more W shaped.
Did you have the bass switch on or off? I am torn by the 2 presentations. I love the heavy bass on for most music, but when I switch it off, the mids rise up a lot, making it to my ears more W.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,357 of 3,544
Hello,

I'm seriously considering buying a Neon Pro on next month, did someone here ever compared the Neon Pro vs the EJ07M ? I love the vocals on my EJ, but I found the soundstage to be bit too narrow for my taste (specially after listening to some earbuds lol (even cheap ones)). So I would like a more "musical" set than my EJ, but with a more open soundstage...
Hello my friend,

please allow me to share some of my experience with both. I had the EJ07M a while back. This might sounds odd but it is my true experience with both product and I don't like to shill on any product. I will just simply share the truth and you are welcome to question and to disagree with me. Also. I bought both set with my own money.

1. NP is for sure more musical than EJ07M.
I did a research on my own regarding how Harman tuned IEM such as EJ07M, Oracle mk. ii, monarch mk. ii, the likes that has similar tune such as blessing 2, softears RSV affect my enjoyment of listening to music and they are all personally boring for me. Yes they can play music with ease but I don't feel any connection to my music.

2. Yes, Vocal is more forward on the NP.
With NP bass switch on you might expect a meatier mids presentation than the EJ07M that will affect male and female vocal and it will make the vocal a bit thicker than what you are used to listen to. But switch the bass off, the sound presentation will be more open and expansive

3. Bass is more satisfying on NP, with both switch than EJ07M

4. NP has more details than EJ07M even though it has no EST whatsoever, making me question what is the purpose of having the EST on the EJ07M.
With NP Bass, mids and treble presentation will have more energy and also engagement than the EJ07M.

5. Soundstage wise, like point no. 2, even though I'm still not sure how to perceive this in lots of iem, but NP bass switch off seems to be more expansive than the EJ07M.

6. This might be out of context, but if I were to buy my EJ07M new I would be very upset spending that much money. This is very personal though, might not be in your case.

I hope this help my friend, cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #1,358 of 3,544
Hello my friend,

please allow me to share some of my experience with both. I had the EJ07M a while back. This might sounds odd but it is my true experience with both product and I don't like to shill on any product. I will just simply share the truth and you are welcome to question and to disagree with me. Also. I bought both set with my own money.

1. NP is for sure more musical than EJ07M.
I did a research on my own regarding how Harman tuned IEM such as EJ07M, Oracle mk. ii, monarch mk. ii, the likes that has similar tune such as blessing 2, softears RSV affect my enjoyment of listening to music and they are all personally boring for me. Yes they can play music with ease but I don't feel any connection to my music.

2. Yes, Vocal is more forward on the NP.
With NP bass switch on you might expect a meatier mids presentation than the EJ07M that will affect male and female vocal and it will make the vocal a bit thicker than what you are used to listen to. But switch the bass off the sound presentation will be more open and expansive

3. Bass is more satisfying on NP with both switch than EJ07M

4. NP has more details than EJ07M even though it has no EST whatsoever making me question what is the purpose of having the EST on the EJ07M.
With NP Bass, mids and treble presentation will have more energy and also engagement than the EJ07M.

5. Soundstage wise, like the 2 point, even though I'm still not sure how to perceive this in lots of iem, but NP bass switch off seems to be more expansive than the EJ07M.

6. This might be out of context, but if I were to buy my EJ07M new I would be very upset spending that much money. This is very personal though, might not be in your case.

I hope this help my friend, cheers.
Thank you very much ! That's exactly the comparison I wanted. Time to save some money for the NP I guess 😄

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #1,359 of 3,544
Thank you very much ! That's exactly the comparison I wanted. Time to save some money for the NP I guess 😄
You are welcome my friend. But please take my word as grain of salt and do a little bit more research on this thread regarding NP vs other set. Might help you to make more solid purchase decision.

and feel free to ask more question if you have other set that you have experience with. Other members can probably help too.

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,360 of 3,544
uUJ_ARkwe99qtTeE7_LMl-Kjc8Ct3ZBAEH68clwWKoe4puTyQa_f4AV8p4DWaepu9yvEuoiUxkzMXSz48rR-NqiS-6sSgKJHr9EppodAq26weVva7x0yLrL2uYaZpf_eQ8RmPxl70v_7CxPZnlvrGHA

A small comparison on Aurora vs the Neon Pro with tuning switch OFF(still mention switch ON).
This comparison is short and early and I may change my mind with more time.

DD bass of Aurora beats NP switch on and off, when looking at quality bass. Overall more resolving.

Aurora seems to have more sub bass in comparison to NP, the slam is stronger on Aurora with more natural decay.
The tuning switch ON with NP does turn it around making it more sub bass on NP.
Mid bass is similar in amount, but the increased sub bass on Aurora makes it less noticeable than NP.

The NP with switch ON have more boosted mid bass, this is awesome on certain music.

Mids on Aurora also beat NP, the Aurora on instruments are overall more forward.
Both have detailed and clear midrange, just something extra on Aurora.
Aurora has very clear and forward female and male vocals, it has good balance so it's not shouty or tiresome.
Neon Pro is leaner on the vocals, and lacks some of the emotion and excitement that Aurora has.

With switch on the vocals on NP gets thicker than Aurora on some few artists but not more detailed.
The switch also boosts instruments in the lowest frequencies, they can be too overpowering with switch on.

Treble is more relaxing on Aurora, but it's not veiled or dark. Just the overall energy is less than NP, so naturally NP is the one with the best clarity.
NP has more resolution on most brighter instruments, and has also slightly more airiness.
The soundstage is on NP further out with slightly better layering, but both have over average soundstage depth.

None of them have sibilance.
But if you listen to music that is already on the bright side where sibilance is naturally present, the Aurora is the most pleasing with less.

The Neon Pro is a clear winner for competitive gaming.

Some music genres I like with each set the most, this might depend on sub genres or releases also.

Neon Pro OFF:
Classical
Soundtracks
Ambient electronica
Most Metal genres

Aurora:
Jazz
Blues
Pop
J-Pop
K-Pop
City Pop
Soul
Rock
Hip Hop/Rap
Melodic Metal/rock
Electronica

Neon Pro ON steals city pop, rock and also some hip hop/rap and some electronica if more mid bass focused.

Later I can do Aure also, but probably not this weekend.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #1,361 of 3,544
uUJ_ARkwe99qtTeE7_LMl-Kjc8Ct3ZBAEH68clwWKoe4puTyQa_f4AV8p4DWaepu9yvEuoiUxkzMXSz48rR-NqiS-6sSgKJHr9EppodAq26weVva7x0yLrL2uYaZpf_eQ8RmPxl70v_7CxPZnlvrGHA

A small comparison on Aurora vs the Neon Pro with tuning switch OFF(still mention switch ON).
This comparison is short and early and I may change my mind with more time.

DD bass of Aurora beats NP switch on and off, when looking at quality bass. Overall more resolving.

Aurora seems to have more sub bass in comparison to NP, the slam is stronger on Aurora with more natural decay.
The tuning switch ON with NP does turn it around making it more sub bass on NP.
Mid bass is similar in amount, but the increased sub bass on Aurora makes it less noticeable than NP.

The NP with switch ON have more boosted mid bass, this is awesome on certain music.
Mids on Aurora also beat NP, the Aurora on instruments are overall more forward.
Both have detailed and clear midrange, just something extra on Aurora.
Aurora has very clear and forward female and male vocals, it has good balance so it's not shouty or tiresome.
Neon Pro is leaner on the vocals, and lacks some of the emotion and excitement that Aurora has.

With switch on the vocals on NP gets thicker than Aurora on some few artists but not more detailed.
The switch also boosts instruments in the lowest frequencies, they can be too overpowering with switch on.

Treble is more relaxing on Aurora, but it's not veiled or dark. Just the overall energy is less than NP, so naturally NP is the one with the best clarity.
NP has more resolution on most brighter instruments, and has also slightly more airiness.
The soundstage is on NP further out with slightly better layering, but both have over average soundstage depth.

None of them have sibilance.
But if you listen to music that is already on the bright side where sibilance is naturally present, the Aurora is the most pleasing with less.

The Neon Pro is a clear winner for competitive gaming.

Some music genres I like with each set the most, this might depend on sub genres or releases also.

Neon Pro OFF:
Classical
Soundtracks
Ambient electronica
Most Metal genres

Aurora:
Jazz
Blues
Pop
J-Pop
K-Pop
City Pop
Soul
Rock
Hip Hop/Rap
Melodic Metal/rock
Electronica

Neon Pro ON steals city pop, rock and also some hip hop/rap and some electronica if more mid bass focused.

Later I can do Aure also, but probably not this weekend.
Thank you Leonard for these welcome and informative first comparative impressions... Seems as if the Aurora brings more to the table than I would have expected. Good news...

Jun 18, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,362 of 3,544
So I emailed to inquire when my Aurora order would ship just out of curiosity, and was told initially it would go out week before last. It did not go out. I inquired again the following week, and was told again that week. Did not again. Third time, and was told Monday...

*update
....and good news that AWB sent this time! Glad that it's out, and very much looking forward to hearing the tuning of the Aurora. Hopefully with their efforts to meet production quicker, shipping can be more responsive in the future! I know they're a small operation and are striving to meet demand.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #1,363 of 3,544
So I emailed to inquire when my Aurora order would ship just out of curiosity, and was told initially it would go out week before last. It did not go out. I inquired again the following week, and was told again that week. Did not again. Third time, and was told Monday...

*update
....and good news that AWB sent this time! Glad that it's out, and very much looking forward to hearing the tuning of the Aurora. Hopefully with their efforts to meet production quicker, shipping can be more responsive in the future! I know they're a small operation and are striving to meet demand.
It's annoying that we have to play the donkey of a Shrek movie. :sleeping:

Jun 19, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #1,364 of 3,544
My Neon Pro shipped today!! 💥🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back