AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #826 of 3,654
After reading all the good comments here and Leonard's review as well as an Akros YT comparison video with SA6 MK2 I just ordered Neon Pro.

EDITED TO ADD:

At only 5 ohms are the Neon Pro susceptible to hiss and are they source dependent ? I plan to run them from 4.4mm balanced where appropriate.

I have a Fiio M11 Plus LTD, an ifi Go Bar, Gryphon, Diablo and an original Chord Mojo as well as small desktop Nitsch Piety set up. The Go Bar and the Gryphon can be a bit hissy with sensitive IEM, the M11 and Diablo are dead quiet. What is likely to be the preferred source from others experience ?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #827 of 3,654
Found them only on alibaba. That was a pain till i could finally order as i had to open an acc there.. it told me all the time i already used the voucher in a previous purchase. What is previous of the first purchase? My former life in medival?? And which voucher? - That store sucks a lot!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrFXdiC

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #829 of 3,654
After reading all the good comments here and Leonard's review as well as an Akros YT comparison video with SA6 MK2 I just ordered Neon Pro.

EDITED TO ADD:

At only 5 ohms are the Neon Pro susceptible to hiss and are they source dependent ? I plan to run them from 4.4mm balanced where appropriate.

I have a Fiio M11 Plus LTD, an ifi Go Bar, Gryphon, Diablo and an original Chord Mojo as well as small desktop Nitsch Piety set up. The Go Bar and the Gryphon can be a bit hissy with sensitive IEM, the M11 and Diablo are dead quiet. What is likely to be the preferred source from others experience ?
From the numbers on paper, yes they are susceptible, but that will also come down to the output impedance and SNR of your source. I have the Audiosense T800 and they are only 9ohms but are also only 98dBSPL/mW.

I don't really know if the numbers given are in mW or in VRMS (either can be used, though mW are normally used). 111dBSPL/mW is REALLY sensitive... If it were 111dBSPL/VRMS that would make it about 88dbSPL/mW (the number most often given), which actually makes more sense for an all BA set with multiple BAs. If this is the case, I would not worry about hiss much with the equipment you have listed, though the closer to 0 output impedance you have, the better sounding they will be. Also, because they are SO low for impedance, cable rolling will make a VERY noticeable difference.

As an example your Fiio M11 Plus LTD has a SNR of 131dB. As long as the output impedance is very nearly 0 then you should have an absolutely black background.

Edit: BTW! 125dB for SNR is about the limit for the human ear, so 131dB is a truly excellent number (if true). :)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #830 of 3,654
From the numbers on paper, yes they are susceptible, but that will also come down to the output impedance and SNR of your source. I have the Audiosense T800 and they are only 9ohms but are also only 98dBSPL/mW.

I don't really know if the numbers given are in mW or in VRMS (either can be used, though mW are normally used). 111dBSPL/mW is REALLY sensitive... If it were 111dBSPL/VRMS that would make it about 88dbSPL/mW (the number most often given), which actually makes more sense for an all BA set with multiple BAs. If this is the case, I would not worry about hiss much with the equipment you have listed, though the closer to 0 output impedance you have, the better sounding they will be. Also, because they are SO low for impedance, cable rolling will make a VERY noticeable difference.

As an example your Fiio M11 Plus LTD has a SNR of 131dB. As long as the output impedance is very nearly 0 then you should have an absolutely black background.

Edit: BTW! 125dB for SNR is about the limit for the human ear, so 131dB is a truly excellent number (if true). :)

Thanks for the tech input, appreciated.

The Fiio is dead quiet with the most sensitive IEM I have. The Diablo is obviously far more powerful than is needed but it is dead quiet and my unit has no channel imbalance so that won't be a problem. The Gryphon is a bit noisy out of the 4.4mm but much quieter from the 3.5mm, the Go Bar is worse and the Mojo is close to dead quiet.

I guess I will just try them with the gear I have and see what works best, I look forward to getting them in 6 weeks or so and experimenting.

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #831 of 3,654
Thanks for the tech input, appreciated.

The Fiio is dead quiet with the most sensitive IEM I have. The Diablo is obviously far more powerful than is needed but it is dead quiet and my unit has no channel imbalance so that won't be a problem. The Gryphon is a bit noisy out of the 4.4mm but much quieter from the 3.5mm, the Go Bar is worse and the Mojo is close to dead quiet.

I guess I will just try them with the gear I have and see what works best, I look forward to getting them in 6 weeks or so and experimenting.
Your very welcome!

I figured the FiiO would be with the numbers that it has. I didn't look up the other gear though. :wink:

A lot of desktop amplifiers will have a higher output impedance from the balanced connection because normally those are used for very high impedance headphones. This might be why you hear noise from the balanced connection.

If you are looking to optimize your setup for the full potential of your head gear, you could "match" your source with your head gear much like you might with stereo speakers. With the amount of gear that most people buy/sell these days that is very hard to do though. :)

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #833 of 3,654
Does anyone know what the expected lead time is on the current batch of Neon Pros? Assuming a month or so.

I’ve got a PWA No.5 8-wire (pure copper) and a Satin Audio Hyperion (SPC) at the ready to try out.
They state 4-6weeks on the order page for Neon Pro

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #835 of 3,654
Missed that. Thanks!

Duh, there’s a section literally titled “Lead Time” 😅
For sure, I was wondering the same and found it at the bottom.

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #836 of 3,654
Any of you wonderful guys getting these AUR sets, if you aren't using the large size tips, I'll buy them from you....PM me. :pray:

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #837 of 3,654
Welp, so much for holding off for a bit. Neon Pro ordered. Excited to hear how these sound.
I did the same thing! And I just read the cable is 3.5mm. Is that the only option? Would mean immediate cable roll to 4.4mm balanced for me. At least I have some 2 pin cables ready.

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #838 of 3,654
20230421_011845.jpg
I am really enjoying Neon Pro (NP) that I got just yesterday.

NP is easy to drive and sounds good with DAP only, but sounds even much better with an additional amp.

I can say that technically, NP does not fall greatly behind other IEMs that I have.

But in terms of tonality / tuning, I regard NP as one of the best I've ever tried :)
I am looking forward to trying them with my L&P P6Pro which makes everything sound its best.

Apr 21, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #840 of 3,654
We probably will have a dozen of Japanese comrades for Neon Pro soon. Many orders already placed as NP just opened its out of stock status🫡

My AuR ambassador commission is satisfied 😁✌️✨

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back