AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 29, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #1,126 of 3,794
Surprised people claimed it was bassy. Judging from the graph, the midbass seems to ease out relatively Harman-like. Penon 10th and now Aurora... Temptations are running strong currently...

Subjective I know, but I think they would have looked even better with a transparent shell to match the faceplate

Only a handful of people have heard them and 'bassy' is always relative. I agree with you. The bass looks very controlled and I imagine the strength will be in the texture and dynamics of it rather than the quantity.

I think if you're after excitement the 10th looks more exotic on the FR but for balance and versatility the Aurora looks better.

Transparent shells are difficult for the 3D printing process.

May 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,127 of 3,794
@F700 the stock cable is good as SPC cables go. Blackish background, good dynamics and some spice in the treble that will help this tuning shine.

May 29, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,128 of 3,794
Only a handful of people have heard them and 'bassy' is always relative. I agree with you. The bass looks very controlled and I imagine the strength will be in the texture and dynamics of it rather than the quantity.

I think if you're after excitement the 10th looks more exotic on the FR but for balance and versatility the Aurora looks better.

Spot on. Gonna try be a good boy and hold off until some folks get some time with the Aurora. With the SR8 on it's way I really should take a hiatus from purchasing new sets...

Also had no clue about the 3D printing. Good to know!

May 29, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,129 of 3,794
@F700 the stock cable is good as SPC cables go. Blackish background, good dynamics and some spice in the treble that will help this tuning shine.
Ok, so it’s useable. I like the color btw.

May 29, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,130 of 3,794
Ordered mine too, the FR-curve and the 2DD make this purchase mandatory. My main target here is to have an Allrounder set instead of a very specific signature.

@Leonarfd : How are the AüR Audio stock cable?
Not sure on this one, @ian91 knows best here as this cable has only previously been on the Alita. Also welcome to the AüR club :beerchug:

May 29, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #1,131 of 3,794
It only BA, so in theory nothing should change with burn in.

As a rule (depending on who you ask)
DD can change
EST can change
I would normally totally agree with this; however, I have had a couple of all BA sets, or sets that handle the mids and highs using BA, and I can say that if there is any peaky behavior in them, conditioning them DOES seem to smooth that curve out a bit (to my ears). On the other hand, it could just be me getting used to the sound. :)

May 29, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,132 of 3,794
I would normally totally agree with this; however, I have had a couple of all BA sets, or sets that handle the mids and highs using BA, and I can say that if there is any peaky behavior in them, conditioning them DOES seem to smooth that curve out a bit (to my ears). On the other hand, it could just be me getting used to the sound. :)
I do believe you, experienced the same. I am not comfortable with saying to much about the subject, due to strong opinion about burn in. If its brain burn in or not doesn't matter. It never hurts to just burn in every set you buy.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #1,133 of 3,794
I do believe you, experienced the same. I just am not comfortable with saying to much about the subject do to strong opinion about burn in, if its brain burn in or not doesn't matter. It never hurts to just burn in every set you buy.
This I can totally agree with. The subject can be very touchy if you word it in such a way as to "trigger" those that are far left, and also those that are far right... hahaha I try to be an equal opportunity (non) offender on the subject matter... :)

Either way, I can say that the Aure did have that peak (to my sensitive ears) when I first got them, and no longer has a hint of it. Heck, my IT-07 also had that same peak in the beginning. Or maybe "peak" isn't the right word; more like that BA timbre???

I am excited to hear more from people getting the Aurora.... Not that I am not excited to hear more about the NP, but I sort of KNOW what those are about (just need to replenish my "hobby fund" for those). I think that, for me anyhow, the Alita might be just a bit niche for the asking price. This may change down the line though. :)

I DO have some pretty niche head gear though, and I still recommend a lot of them even now (i.e. Moondrop Chaconne, Sennheiser HD700, etc...).

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,134 of 3,794
This I can totally agree with. The subject can be very touchy if you word it in such a way as to "trigger" those that are far left, and also those that are far right... hahaha I try to be an equal opportunity (non) offender on the subject matter... :)

Either way, I can say that the Aure did have that peak (to my sensitive ears) when I first got them, and no longer has a hint of it. Heck, my IT-07 also had that same peak in the beginning. Or maybe "peak" isn't the right word; more like that BA timbre???

I am excited to hear more from people getting the Aurora.... Not that I am not excited to hear more about the NP, but I sort of KNOW what those are about (just need to replenish my "hobby fund" for those). I think that, for me anyhow, the Alita might be just a bit niche for the asking price. This may change down the line though. :)

I DO have some pretty niche head gear though, and I still recommend a lot of them even now (i.e. Moondrop Chaconne, Sennheiser HD700, etc...).

Alita is niche but what it offers for the price is special for that niche. Every time I put it back on I'm always impressed with how much detail it pulls out given its more relaxed treble. It's got the warm midfocused sound nailed. It just won't have the bass to suit the masses and the need for heavy dynamic swings.

Aurora should offer the balance, refinement and some dynamics at the low end. Abel has a great tuning style that's pretty consistent. The midrange will be open from low to high and from reports it has some holography in the imaging department.

NP is just fun fun fun. I do miss the sound and staging they offer.

May 29, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #1,135 of 3,794
Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #1,136 of 3,794
Yes and no.

It depends on the process used, which in this case would probably be SLA, and the desired quality. FDM would be a nightmare to make transparent :sweat:.
If you're going for a transparent glass-like finish then yes it would be more difficult, there are extra steps after printing that take up time and money. But when going for a smokey finish like the dark Neon Pro or a opaque finish there is no significant difference beyond the slightly more expensive resin. Every solid color shell is still given a polish to look shiny after all.

The Truthear Hexa (smokey with a satin finish) and Moondrop Blessing 2/Dusk/3 (glass-like transparent) among many others show that it can be done with 3D printing at the prices Aür are asking. Don't get me wrong, I know they operate at smaller margins to give their quality for the prices they are asking, and I don't want them to go out of business or stop offering the amazing quality to performance ratio they have either. But the Hexa makes a "too expensive" saying fall apart as that model works on a similarly small margin and has a more complex internal design. Although the glass-like finish of the Blessings would bump up the price a bit without a doubt.

Making the 3D printed Neon Pro look like the original handcrafted dark Neon Pro shouldn't be an issue as the extra costs should still fall away against the loss of the manual labor costs on the original handcrafted shells. The Blue & transparent version would be a different story though and cost more to do, but it seems like it was dropped before the switch to 3D printing.

I wish I could still get the Blue & transparent version, but my finances wouldn't allow it when it was still available. Should be able to afford one soon and as there was a Blue & transparent Neon Pro in a recent (post 3D switch) batch there might still be the option to get one, probably at a fee.
But I'll see what the options are, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a smokey semi transparent shell option over the current "dime a dozen" black shell. I like to see my drivers, especially in a multi BA IEM.

May 29, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #1,137 of 3,794
So, for the veteran NP users in here, did you note changes with burn in?

May 29, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #1,138 of 3,794
Yes and no.

It depends on the process used, which in this case would probably be SLA, and the desired quality. FDM would be a nightmare to make transparent :sweat:.
If you're going for a transparent glass-like finish then yes it would be more difficult, there are extra steps after printing that take up time and money. But when going for a smokey finish like the dark Neon Pro or a opaque finish there is no significant difference beyond the slightly more expensive resin. Every solid color shell is still given a polish to look shiny after all.

The Truthear Hexa (smokey with a satin finish) and Moondrop Blessing 2/Dusk/3 (glass-like transparent) among many others show that it can be done with 3D printing at the prices Aür are asking. Don't get me wrong, I know they operate at smaller margins to give their quality for the prices they are asking, and I don't want them to go out of business or stop offering the amazing quality to performance ratio they have either. But the Hexa makes a "too expensive" saying fall apart as that model works on a similarly small margin and has a more complex internal design. Although the glass-like finish of the Blessings would bump up the price a bit without a doubt.

Making the 3D printed Neon Pro look like the original handcrafted dark Neon Pro shouldn't be an issue as the extra costs should still fall away against the loss of the manual labor costs on the original handcrafted shells. The Blue & transparent version would be a different story though and cost more to do, but it seems like it was dropped before the switch to 3D printing.

I wish I could still get the Blue & transparent version, but my finances wouldn't allow it when it was still available. Should be able to afford one soon and as there was a Blue & transparent Neon Pro in a recent (post 3D switch) batch there might still be the option to get one, probably at a fee.
But I'll see what the options are, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a smokey semi transparent shell option over the current "dime a dozen" black shell. I like to see my drivers, especially in a multi BA IEM.
I think that it can be done for a reasonable price. The Audiosense T800 was an 8 all BA IEM (crossoverless) 3D printed shell design which worked VERY well (for my ears), and it was only $300.

AudiosenseT800.jpg

May 30, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #1,139 of 3,794
So, for the veteran NP users in here, did you note changes with burn in?
No, I don’t.

But I have to recognize than I don’t note change in any IEM with burn in. And at the same time, every IEM sounds different to me depending the day or my mood.

May 30, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #1,140 of 3,794
Yes and no.

Thanks for this clarification. I too enjoy seeing the drivers inside but if its a choice between a transparent finish or an attempt but with some opacity I would take a piano black shell every day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back