AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 9, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,036 of 3,794
Testing my new XINHS 16 core copper cable, custom order since I asked if he had a good 16core. He had one he could make so here it is. Its similar to the 4 core I usually use perhaps there is some slight harder impact in the low end and better note seperation of the bass. Mids and treble seem so close to my other XINHS so it might just be the slight volume difference between the two tricking me.

Soft and not heavy, comfort wise its perfect.

DSCF2477.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #1,037 of 3,794
Testing my new XINHS 16 core copper cable, custom order since I asked if he had a good 16core. He had one he could make so here it is. Its similar to the 4 core I usually use perhaps there is some slight harder impact in the low end and better note seperation of the bass. Mids and treble seem so close to my other XINHS so it might just be the slight volume difference between the two tricking me.

DSCF2477.jpg
Aesthetically it is exactly the same as my favorite cables, the NiceHCK C16, which I use in all my IEMs. But the XINHS has earguides...

I love the C16 for the comfort and for not having earguides.

May 10, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #1,038 of 3,794

Soft and not heavy, comfort wise its perfect

DSCF2477.jpg
Future NP owner here. Any eartips you would recommend for the neon pro?

May 10, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #1,039 of 3,794
@comedycord Future NP owner here. Any eartips you would recommend for the neon pro?

The stock tips are actually quite good, lots of good options now. I am a fan of both JVC Spiral Dot and Kbear 07 tips that both are wide bore. Also a very good one is the Trn T-Ear tips, very comfortable.

May 10, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #1,040 of 3,794
@comedycord Future NP owner here. Any eartips you would recommend for the neon pro?

The stock tips are actually quite good, lots of good options now. I am a fan of both JVC Spiral Dot and Kbear 07 tips that both are wide bore. Also a very good one is the Trn T-Ear tips, very comfortable.

@comedycode ...and you may try some foamies (eg Comply 400) :wink:

May 10, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,043 of 3,794
There seems to be "Recessed 2PIN" and "Normal 2PIN". But what to use with Aür?

Thanks

Torben
I would use a standard two pin cable with the Aure if it were me. The B pin type might work, but may not seat the pins fully because of the jacket around the pins. Stay away from C pin (also known as QDC) cables because the pins are totally recessed into the jacket surrounding the pins. B pin is also recessed, but the pins stick out of the jacket (in some cases) enough to connect to a connector that normally would require a standard two pin.

Having said that, also make sure it is 0.78 and not 0.75... )

Edit: I would look at it this way, if the connector on the monitors is flush with the shell, the best option is usually standard two pin, but if it is raised up, then a recessed (B pin or C pin) connector for the cable would be useable. Having said that, on the connectors that are raised above the shell, you can use pretty much any of them. It is only when it sits flush that you are limited to standard (and sometimes B pin). I hope that all makes sense?!

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,047 of 3,794
May 12, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,048 of 3,794
Testing another cable NiceHCK RubyCat, German copper. With discount voucher 25usd, nothing super special it sounds like a good copper cable. Good resolution and solid weight to the low end.

The Neon Pro is my first IEM to test a cable with, seems to be one of the IEMs I have changing the most with cables.

ruby2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back