AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 6, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #2,732 of 3,794
I'm guessing some more people got their Ascensions by now, so hopefully some more impressions will start rolling in(edit - Zikarus posted their impressions while I was typing this!) It's still early on, but I'm thinking Ascension is a step up from Alita and Aurora. Better technicalities than both, with an equally competent(but different) tuning. New Toy Syndrome and all, but it makes a strong case for itself. Lots of texture, a nice balance between being smooth and bright, lightly emphasized yet gentle treble, mids that have a nice mix of warmth, air, and weight(without coming across dry), bass that is fun and rumbly, but not the star of the show. To my ears, it is quite spacious as well, in all directions. Soundstage is a strength with Ascension, whereas Alita and Aurora seem more average for their price ranges in that department. Highly resolving with just a dash of analog tonality(although that last bit could be the FC6 talking). Seems like it will be a great all-rounder too.

It's sounded great out of both my Qudelix T71 and Hiby FC6 as well. Using Ascension with Baroque tips and the cable for Monarch MK2, at least until I get a better adaptor later today(I needed one for RN6 anyway, as I refuse to swap out the cable on a $3.3K IEM).

I realize I'm being very complimentary, so I'll stop for now.
Should have added that I used my Ascension with the Athena cable and Complys.

Tried various other tips and also liked the H570. Interesting for bassheads might be the Tanchjim T300 tips (the ones that enhance the bass), since they added lots of bass rumble especially in comparison to most other silicone tips (to which they also have the advantage of adding pressure relief due to their special venting)...

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #2,733 of 3,794
Next week is gonna be a good one! Also want to shout out to Nic for notifying me and trying to assist in case customs would start asking about the contents. He took the time to contact me first - got to give props for that!
That's another plus dealing with AüR - never had to pay more than 9 € yet ...

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #2,734 of 3,794
I feel like it depends what you're looking for in bass. I think the rumble on the ascension is very good but for me the mid bass slam is a little lacking similar to the monarch. However I do feel the bass on the ascension scales a lot better. On my paw 6000 the impact is lacking on both and on my N7 the bass impact doesn't change much for the monarch but it sounds quite a bit better for the ascension. Hopefully that helps you some.
Interesting, I find mid bass to be decently elevated. I prefer the Ascension over the monarchs and would agree that the ascension is closer to the mkII than the MKIII. The mkIII was pretty v shaped to my ear. The ascension has similar bass impact to the mkIII but the mkIII has more separation from bass to mids cause of the tuck. Ascension is warmer overall and slightly more weighty. Sub and mid bass are both a step up from mkII imo

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #2,736 of 3,794
Have you noticed the venting work? I think these might be the tips I need for this set is so
They worked for me on Supernova if that helps, had to much ear pressure on them 👍

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #2,738 of 3,794
I was going to order the Ascension after the New Year but an opportunity came up to buy a new set of Campfire Solaris Mercury at half price. The Mercury is just a chrome finish Solaris 2020 made in a small batch of only 78 sets.

I am very pleased with the Solaris but I am even more pleased they were half price, even then they were still about 20% more expensive than the Ascension would have cost me.

The point of my post was to say how well my Neon Pro acquits itself against the Solaris that was a TOTL hybrid IEM only a couple of years ago.

To my ear the Neon Pro is sufficiently comparable sounding to the Solaris such that a preference would be a matter of taste rather than one being clearly superior to the other. The Solaris is a bit more natural sounding on some instruments but it isn’t night and day. The Solaris is more open sounding which I do prefer but I think the Neon Pro is more or less equally well tuned for the sound signature they were going for and as such represent exceptional value for money.

I won’t be bothering with the Ascension now because I am happy with my small collection but I think it is fair to say that the Neon Pro and Ascension punch above their price tag.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #2,739 of 3,794
Agree with you on the mids, I clearly am biased toward richer midrange. Will be nice to see a comparison from you :thumbsup:

There is plenty good sets out there, a reason why MMk2 sold so much. And that doesn't mean its for everyone, for what we know some might preffer some random IEM under 100usd over MMK2 or Ascesnion. I have lots of different styled IEMs, apparently mood changes from time to time. Good to change it up.
Very interested in trying MMK3 or Hype 4 as a cheap alternative. But highest on my list might be Spartacus right now.
IMG_6328.jpeg
Man… I think I’m gonna try out the Hype 4.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #2,740 of 3,794
I was going to order the Ascension after the New Year but an opportunity came up to buy a new set of Campfire Solaris Mercury at half price. The Mercury is just a chrome finish Solaris 2020 made in a small batch of only 78 sets.

I am very pleased with the Solaris but I am even more pleased they were half price, even then they were still about 20% more expensive than the Ascension would have cost me.

The point of my post was to say how well my Neon Pro acquits itself against the Solaris that was a TOTL hybrid IEM only a couple of years ago.

To my ear the Neon Pro is sufficiently comparable sounding to the Solaris such that a preference would be a matter of taste rather than one being clearly superior to the other. The Solaris is a bit more natural sounding on some instruments but it isn’t night and day. The Solaris is more open sounding which I do prefer but I think the Neon Pro is more or less equally well tuned for the sound signature they were going for and as such represent exceptional value for money.

I won’t be bothering with the Ascension now because I am happy with my small collection but I think it is fair to say that the Neon Pro and Ascension punch above their price tag.
Please don't quote me in the CA thread, but my opinion is that Campfire Audio had only one exceptional IEM -Andromeda. All their releases that I've heard since then are either tonally incoherent (Ara, Bonneville) or good iems but overpriced for their performance (Atlas, Solaris)

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #2,741 of 3,794
Please don't quote me in the CA thread, but my opinion is that Campfire Audio had only one exceptional IEM -Andromeda. All their releases that I've heard since then are either tonally incoherent (Ara, Bonneville) or good iems but overpriced for their performance (Atlas, Solaris)

I guess that is another example of the extremely subjective nature of this hobby.

That said, I agree in principle with the overpriced bit, as I stated above, I am enjoying the Solaris a little more than NP but I am happy I only paid half normal retail, that feels about where they should be priced.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #2,742 of 3,794
Having heard Bonneville recently I agree its c**p. Which is why I am a fanboy here as Abel has pampered us with good tuning where other brand name kilobucks failed to do most of the time.

I have also received Ascension and listened to it for a few days, I believe it is THE IEM for audiophiles looking for W shaped tuning at a reasonable price. Vocals is front and centre, treble is pushed to limit of comfort and the subbass rumbles.

Jan 7, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #2,743 of 3,794
Have you noticed the venting work? I think these might be the tips I need for this set is so

Think it did, as out of the silicone type tips I tried they were the ones I could comfortablewise bear best, followed by the H570... But soundwise I preferred the latter as the bass lift of the Tanchjim was a bit to much on the Ascension for my taste...

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #2,744 of 3,794
Think it did, as out of the silicone type tips I tried they were the ones I could comfortablewise bear best, followed by the H570... But soundwise I preferred the latter as the bass lift of the Tanchjim was a bit to much on the Ascension for my taste...
Did you notice the bass lift with the treble tips (wide bore) as well or only the bass ones? I keep trying different tips but keep coming back to the Tri Clarions although I have to put them in a specific way to avoid the driver flex

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #2,745 of 3,794
Did you notice the bass lift with the treble tips (wide bore) as well or only the bass ones? I keep trying different tips but keep coming back to the Tri Clarions although I have to put them in a specific way to avoid the driver flex

Only with the bass enhancing narrow bore.

The treble enhancing wide bore sounded totally different and not to my liking with the Ascension.

But I am known for usually preferring Complys anyway as they are the most comfortabe to my ears (due to avoiding pressure problems best imo)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back