$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #2,101 of 6,549

..... Only needs one good User review though and it will change dramatically!

100% Agreed: If only I could have read ONE good user review, I would have waited. But... instead I finally bought last week a HUGO.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #2,102 of 6,549
  100% Agreed: If only I could have read ONE good user review, I would have waited. But... instead I finally bought last week a HUGO.

There will always be something better and new on the horizon, sometimes you just have to settle on something. (then upgrade later down the line
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #2,103 of 6,549

Not sure that's quite true about the X5? Think it can play unlimited amount by Folder view. That is my personal usage, although others I know like meta data usage.

I don't think it's very clear - reading the thread, there are some that have echoed what you said, but there are also some who have confirmed that 5800 is the limit, regardless of how you view/store/whatever.

Good news for you: You are concerned about nonsense. I have some 12,000 songs on my X5 which are all readily accessible from Folder view. The limitation is in the database only.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #2,104 of 6,549
I think everyone is anxious about the release, but we need to be patient. It is known that there was a slight delay caused by finding a bug and fixing it. Better that they found out before and not after it has shipped a thousand units! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #2,105 of 6,549

Good news for you: You are concerned about nonsense. I have some 12,000 songs on my X5 which are all readily accessible from Folder view. The limitation is in the database only.

THANK YOU!

At last, someone with a large collection has answered the question!

Right, so I have about 18000 songs in total. Let's ignore whether they will or won't all fit in terms of available memory, let's just assume they will all fit on two installed 128gb cards.

I use the current file structure - alphabetical (i.e. A-C, D-F, G-I, J-L, M-P, Q-S, T-V, W-Z)>artist>album>song

1 - will ALL 18000 songs be recognised and playable (I'm assuming the answer is - yes)?
2 - will ALL 18000 songs be picked up on shuffle?

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,106 of 6,549

THANK YOU!

At last, someone with a large collection has answered the question!

Right, so I have about 18000 songs in total. Let's ignore whether they will or won't all fit in terms of available memory, let's just assume they will all fit on two installed 128gb cards.

I use the current file structure - alphabetical (i.e. A-C, D-F, G-I, J-L, M-P, Q-S, T-V, W-Z)>artist>album>song

1 - will ALL 18000 songs be recognised and playable (I'm assuming the answer is - yes)?
2 - will ALL 18000 songs be picked up on shuffle?

1) if you can find your song in Folder view, you can play it.
2) No they will not. only 5800 will be picked up by the X5 while in shuffle.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #2,107 of 6,549
greatbadir, your folder structure sounds fine. I use Genre > Artist > Album. The most songs I have in any one folder is 799 (a special collection of 70's hits). It, like all my folders, reads fine in the Folder view.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #2,110 of 6,549
Not so many activity on this thread anymore...

People losing interest ?

It should pick up as soon as it's available at the local retailers. I just got a DX90 coming in, so I am eager to compare the 2 side by side.

And I am (we are) anxiously awaiting your comparison. Just got my X5, and waiting for my dx90 to arrive as well, but wanted the Calyx M. Unfortunately, unlike Singapore, in Seattle Washington we don't have a Jaben or alike so we have to buy to try. :pensive:

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #2,112 of 6,549
+1 from Cologne.

but there is no order or price information on their website http://www.calyx.kr/ yet.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #2,113 of 6,549
+1 from cologne (third try)

the calyx website has no order or price information for the m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back