$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,863 of 6,549
  So basically no pre order discount for international customers?

I don't blame them for no discount for international customers. When they tried to give one all people did was complain that it was not enough or that someone was getting a better deal than they were getting instead of being happy about a $150 discount.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,864 of 6,549
It seems like Calyx is experiencing trial by fire when it comes to social media.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,865 of 6,549
Mar 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #1,866 of 6,549
  I don't blame them for no discount for international customers. When they tried to give one all people did was complain that it was not enough or that someone was getting a better deal than they were getting instead of being happy about a $150 discount.

Actually you are right, it was because of those posts that they reconsidered the offer, so we should thank those complainers for not getting any breaks. Any discounts would have been better than none. Anyway, it's over now so no point going any further on the subject. I am still going to watch the impressions from the press and their Korean sales, then decide if it is worth taking the plunge or just pass or maybe wait for a more affordable unit with some other mysterious features.
ph34r.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,867 of 6,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs

Actually you are right, it was because of those posts that they reconsidered the offer, so we should thank those complainers for not getting any breaks. Any discounts would have been better than none. Anyway, it's over now so no point going any further on the subject. I am still going to watch the impressions from the press and their Korean sales, then decide if it is worth taking the plunge or just pass or maybe wait for a more affordable unit with some other mysterious features.

It's not that people complain why the discount was not enough nor why it's not as good as the local discount. It's natural for a people to ask why they are not offering the same discount to international customer. The way they responded to those questions is what putting most people off. Their response sounded arrogant which was sending a negative message. That they are discriminating international customers.

They could have responded better without the negative tone. To think that Calyx is known to the international market and couldn't handle a simple PR like it had, I think they just shot themselves on the foot here.

Not only they killed the hype on their first DAP, they make a lot of people to potentially become over critical when their device hit the market soon. A small flaw can be amplified to a point that the device could look bad to a newbie looking to compare DAPs.

It's still Calyx holding the short end of the stick here. There is no business sense pushing any potential customers away.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,868 of 6,549
They haven't killed anything. Some people are impatient is all. From their perspective, they probably read these forums and their facebook page thinking there are a lot of really rude impatient people in the west. They are right. 

Just let the thing be released. Wait for impressions. Read about the UI performance and build quality, then buy or not based on that. 

Regarding the early bird offer. Whinging about he deal was just plain dumb. A $150 discount was excellent. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #1,869 of 6,549
They haven't killed anything. Some people are impatient is all. From their perspective, they probably read these forums and their facebook page thinking there are a lot of really rude impatient people in the west. They are right. 

Just let the thing be released. Wait for impressions. Read about the UI performance and build quality, then buy or not based on that. 

Regarding the early bird offer. Whinging about he deal was just plain dumb. A $150 discount was excellent. 

I understand your logic and I agree. I'm just saying, they kill the hype, which is not good for a business perspective. They had the opportunity to make a lot of sale. That's what I think where they screwed up.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,870 of 6,549
I understand your logic and I agree. I'm just saying, they kill the hype, which is not good for a business perspective. They had the opportunity to make a lot of sale. That's what I think where they screwed up.

Regardless of what the very small community hear on Headfi think they will still sell a lot of units once the SQ becomes famous. If it does that is. It will all come down to that..

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,871 of 6,549
Regardless of what the very small community hear on Headfi think they will still sell a lot of units once the SQ becomes famous. If it does that is. It will all come down to that..

Unfortunately, all newbie who search the internet for information about DAPs will be bombarded with links to Head-Fi. How do you think most members here came to know about this forum?

When I do research for DAPs or any audio related stuff, The top hits are links to this forum. And for a small niche company like Calyx, you'll be lucky to get any useful information outside head-fi. As far as audio forum goes, head-fi is not a small community.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,872 of 6,549
Unfortunately, all newbie who search the internet for information about DAPs will be bombarded with links to Head-Fi. How do you think most members here came to know about this forum?

When I do research for DAPs or any audio related stuff, The top hits are links to this forum. And for a small niche company like Calyx, you'll be lucky to get any useful information outside head-fi. As far as audio forum goes, head-fi is not a small community.

That's exactly what happened to me.  I was searching for a replacement for my Sansa Clip when I stumbled on this site, almost two years ago and $22k later :frowning2:

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #1,873 of 6,549
Regardless of what we think of them, they think they'll sell many and they can get by without the discount, call it over confidence, boldness or arrogance only time will tell. They also feel that they other daps are no competition of theirs. Denial is a very potent feeling.

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,875 of 6,549
SIGH... This thread has become ridiculous. They have done nothing to deserve these sorts of comments. 

Judge the player when it exists and people report on it's sound and functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back