$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #406 of 6,549
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #407 of 6,549
I see, I finally can go through their website after I installed Chrome, a good guess indeed, I already prefer this type of play--in-queue arrangement instead of a sharp cut in my current track and switch to the new song instantly, a good choice indeed.

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #408 of 6,549
 Line-Out of Calyx M:
The volume control of Calyx M is done by a programmed attenuator, of which steps varies 0.01dB to 0.5dB.
So it keeps its output impedance keep the same at each step and this is a real line out when you put the volume slide at the max.
Real Line-out of Calyx M? YES!

wink.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #409 of 6,549
So basically what iriver claimed with their daps. How trustful is that, I mean is it really like a clean line out or they are just trying the save the day.

Also, I still have not received an answer to my email to Calyx.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #412 of 6,549
Try to browse that website on a cellphone and .... you just cant.

That's bad form, but what gets me is that the website actually was viewable on Firefox and Internet Explorer, a few days ago, and now they seem to have done something to it so that it only runs in Chrome (I don't know about Safari)

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #413 of 6,549

That's bad form, but what gets me is that the website actually was viewable on Firefox and Internet Explorer, a few days ago, and now they seem to have done something to it so that it only runs in Chrome (I don't know about Safari)

+1, first I could see it perfectly with Firefox. Now it is all messed up.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #414 of 6,549
Originally Posted by Rednuht /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Line-Out of Calyx M:
The volume control of Calyx M is done by a programmed attenuator, of which steps varies 0.01dB to 0.5dB.
So it keeps its output impedance keep the same at each step and this is a real line out when you put the volume slide at the max.
Real Line-out of Calyx M? YES!

wink.gif

What is the source please? Where can I read this?

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #416 of 6,549

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #418 of 6,549
So... No news about à possible 128 & 256 Gb version ?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #420 of 6,549
I haven't been able to find any information concerning the batteries being user changeable or not. Did anyone run across some information on this?

What about the possible playing time without recharging? Someone in this thread stated that the playing time was shorter compared to the Sony NWZ-ZX1, but maybe there is some more detailed information around.

This DAP can be charged via USB from a PC right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back