808 Headphones?
Jan 14, 2013 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

I Am Good

New Head-Fier
I saw an article on cnet talking about these headphones but when I googled them for reviews I came up empty :/
Can anyone tell me because I am looking to buy a decent pair of headphones for under 100$
Here is the link to the site http://808headphones.com/
No this isn't spam I just want an opinion please :)
Or if you have any recommendations let me know because I need some for the gym ASAP!

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Hey!

Never heard anything about those but I happen to audition HD439 & UE4000 which sound excellent! HD439 has very very warm sound, laid back vocals. UE4000 has detailed mids. :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 8
The 808 looks like a wannabe beats, which mostly means a mediocre sound with too much bass.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 8
From the looks in the photos, the earpads are covered with the super-cheap pleather material that decomposes and peels off after about 2 years. I would avoid it.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Audiovox gave me a set of these. They are almost unbelievably good compared to what I expected from them. Yes, the build quality is questionable (the plastic squeaks, the fake leather of the ear padding seems cheap, etc.) but the sound quality is very good. I'd say the SQ is much better than the Beats Solo which IMO aren't worth even close to the MSRP. I would put the 808 as one of the top values under $100 (I think AR will release them at either $89.99 or $99.99... I forget and they might not have even officially chosen yet). It's definitely not a flat sound signature but the bass is not overblown, the sound stage is very good, and there is a pretty flat response above the mid-bass frequencies. I'm very impressed.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 8
I have the 808 headphones. Got them off amazon for 42 bucks shipped. They are pretty good headphones. I'm not an expert but compared to a couple other sets I have in the same price range they are the best for even sound. They are not bass heavy and have pretty good mix of highs lows and mids. They work very well for watching movies and listening to a variety of music. They sound clear and crisp. For what they are. And don't leak a lot of sound. And are comfortable.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 8
But are they as ugly IRL as they are in the photos? 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back