May 13, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #301 of 483
Good morning from Saigon. I just bought it from the companies website. Got the ifi PS that was on there. The reading the thread here and also the one for the tech folks which is not me and that forum confused me more then anything. This is what happens when you are an impulse buyer. Now I see I will need Roon, I can get that. But the internet here is iffy. The wifi hook up they actually put it on hear the ceiling of my apartment. So I will have to fiddle with it when this lands in VN I don't know when?

May 13, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #303 of 483
Deleted - MikeyFresh got it first.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #304 of 483
Heard there's a new Ultrarendu. Some buzz on CA. Is there a separate thread here on Head fi for that?

May 14, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #310 of 483
Are all inputs and inputs now on the backside? Wonderful! Strong move! That's the only fiddling thing about current mR. Personally I find this messy. Specially if the DAC (like my Chord Hugo) has the same kind of orientation of in-/outs. Not to mention superior LPS. Ultrarendu - great news!

May 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #311 of 483
This is indeed awesome. Besides reorienting the inputs, there's other upgrades too it seems:

"The ultraRendu utilizes a new proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components and some updates to match its ultra designation."

I want it. But what am I gonna do with my mR now? :triportsad:

Jun 3, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #312 of 483
Roon/Microrendu setup suggestions:

I need suggestions regarding how best to set up roon in my current circumstances.

Here's what I have already got:

Computers, etc. : I do most of my work on a Macbook pro, but I have 3 macminis in my apartment, each of which is linked with a 2-channel stereo/HT system via a DAC (Schiit Yggdrasil, Metrum Acoustic Hex, Audiogd Ref. 5.32)

I have a synology NAS in the apartment that all the computers can access.

I have an iphone, an Ipad pro, and an ipad mini in the house too.

I have also recently purchased a Sonore Microrendu, which I have not installed as yet in any of the systems, but it is probably going to end up installed with my main 2-channel/5.2 HT system.

Questions:

1. Where, in the above configuration, should I install the Roon software in order to make it most easily accessible to all the computers, tablets, and music stations in the apartment?

2. What additional software or apps, will I need (if any) to make navigating my music playback system easiest, and most hitch-free?

3. Am I going to need any additional hardware to facilitate things for myself ? (I already have streamers-Nvidia shield, Amazon fire tv, Roku ultra, Apple tv deployed, mostly for movies). Although I have three macminis, and a portable macbook pro, armed with 16gb of Ram each, only the portable Macbook pro has a 1TB Solid State Drive attached. All the mac minis have the usual hard drives. I am particularly concerned with where to locate "the core" of the Roon system. I hope I do not need to get another HTPC (an Intel NUC, for example) in order to make the roon run easier in my home network...

4. I almost forgot that I also have a logitech squeezebox Touch in a box, which I have never used, but I suppose it can use with any of my three 2-channel/5.1 setups, but I do not see it as a replacement for the microrendu... I wonder though, whether it can provide access to some kind of software that I can run in place of Roon, prior to the purchase of Roon?
Any helpful setup suggestions, and thoughts are warmly welcome. I hope I have not forgotten anything important.

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #313 of 483
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, just wanted to ask with what kind of warranty
the URendu comes.
12 Month or 24 month?

Cheers

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #314 of 483
would be interesting to hear of anyone who's used the uptone isoregen with their microrendu and lps 1 (or is this redundant
given the mr/lps1 are supposed to largely take care of galvanic isolation issues?)....

also is there any significant sq diff
between the mr and newer ultrarendu.

there's a thread over on CA on the ultrarendu.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/31811-sonore-ultrarendu/

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #315 of 483
Hey there @canali

Can't speak from my own experience, but I remember reading a review where it was said that URendu had a great synergy with galvanic isolation, in that case the Intona.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back