80% rap 20% rock...please me choose the headphone for me
Jul 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jbg1

New Head-Fier
ive been reading a lot on this site for the past 2 weeks since i purchased (and returned) some hd228s from best buy (they sounded a bit muffled) ive never owned any good headphones...but from my readings i see people recommend the m50 (closed) and ms1(open) a lot...i want to know which headphone will be best for me, i listen to a lot of mixtape rap, ny rap, southern rap etc. and i listen to bands like at the drive in, pumpkins, deftones etc. i want the perfect headphone in my price range of 100-150 $ and im not opposed to getting an amp but i will only be listening to music on my 30gig ipod classic or htc hd2...i would take them with me to school so some privacy is needed if im listening to uncle murda(lol)...i also wear glasses,  if anyone shares the same taste in music and has other ideas im willing to listen, thanks in advance

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't know if all rap fans like exaggerated bass, but if thats what you're looking for, the ATH-m50 should be the key

Otherwise, I'd look into SRH840's

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 9
I think you'll like the M50s, or for big bass the AKG K518DJs.

Dang, so you didn't like the 228s huh? I was really considering those before I decided on my current ones.

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 9
they were very comfortable, isolation was really good bass was good but everything else seemed muffled imo...i used them for 2 weeks they got a little better but still not what i thought my 80$ was worth

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Ah I c, did u also end up trying the "asteroid mod"`? It's where u easily take out a piece of foam in the middle on each side. Reports indicate that they open up really well.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 9
Shure 750DJ for sure 
smile.gif

for rock I still prefer MS1i, but for rap I prefer the 750DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back