$80-120 Earbuds Suggestions? [Shure SE215, Etymotic mc5]
Jan 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gustavthelion

New Head-Fier
So this is the situation. I am buying earbuds for a friend. She currently has beats solos (ugh.) that someone bought for her.
She loves my Ultrasone Pro 900s but i can't afford to get her those :p and she would prefer earbuds. She mostly listens to Pop and Acoustic music.
So far I have been directed towards the SE215s or mc5s. But i'm not sure, and I'm open to suggestions. One sticking point is that they will not be amped.
She will not use an external amp so they will be powered by a Galaxy S3. I know any headphones you suggest will have far superior highs and mids than her
current earbuds, but i would like to get a pair that still has some punchy bass so that they don't sound anemic coming off the beats solos.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I'll suggest Yamaha EPH-100, very fun musical, comfortable, punchy bass (not to much) with a liquid mid range, 3D style soundstage, excellent instrument separation and micro detailing. the highs are not harsh and they suit all genre really except for classical. You can find them for around $100 online. I think they scored 8.9 here on the review thread, we have a huge thread on them aswell somewhere. I've owned them in the past, they're safe choice and stylish.

Or the Klipsch X10 on amazon at the moment for $104

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 3
I really like the UE600's, just great overall.  Very nice bass, and the detail and clarity of an armature (they definitely DO NOT sound thin at all).  I think they retail at $120.  They are very user friendly and can be worn over the ear, or down.  I'm pretty impressed with them. 

My wife actually said "wow" to them (she's not a hifi'er though), and she's used to listening through stuff like iBeats, S4i's, Monster DNA buds, and Full Metal Jackets...so typical bass heavy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back