8 year old looking for $4 Headphones
Oct 27, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 64
Somehow they think Head-Fi members have all the answers. As if it is too difficult to read and try audio gear. Tons of old audio gear is up for grabs on the used market which can give you a taste or bring you to audio nirvana for cheap. If you are willing to gamble a bit you can find a lot for little money, just read and get educated about how audio gear works. 

I know I am still learning...

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 64
I understand why they would ask for a good pair of headphones for x amount of dollars, It's become difficult to keep up with all these headphones coming out every day. A couple of years ago, you had a choice of 5-6 companies, now there are dozens of them.

I'm just not sure what their age is doing in there.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 64
Maybe they saw the large response the 13 year guy got in his thread and thought there might be a connection. Mind you all the conflicting advice he got is prolly driving him around the bend
blink.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #10 of 64
Ugh... okay so I could understand the 13 year old thread and maybe even the 17 year old thread (who acts more like a 13 year old if you ask me)... and then I wake up to a.... 23 year old thread?? I'm sorry, I'm 23 joined Head-Fi when I was 17 and never believed my age was relevant... I really think this all has nothing to do with age and everything to do with maturity.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #11 of 64

Quote:
Would you rather they didn't?

You should PM them for a more reliable answer.

I would much rather they didn't.  If they were little kids, like 4-12 years old maybe, I would recommend small sets or a grado perhaps for home use.  Outside of that, there is no reason for anyone to post their age, it doesn't have anything to do with anything and its just hilarious to read :3

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 64
i think they post their ages because their seems to be a correlation between disposable income and age...but honestly, a bit pointless when you can just list your budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back