8 braid vs 4 braid difference for custom cable
Sep 22, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #31 of 38
Oct 1, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #35 of 38
Hou. I assume Noone else really tried it?
I asked a famous creator of cables himself and he only stated that 8 wired is better quality wise, but did not want to answer in what way it is really better.
Then I recognizes he said that "people chose it for a better sound quality"..
That was no real commitment that it is better. Just it is bought because people think it is.

Well.. That makes it even harder to decide

Oct 1, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #36 of 38
8 is way expensive than 4 in material wise, of course the seller will claim 8 as the highest quality.
Sound wise depends on your ears and equipment and music source or depending you wanted to spend the most money to earn your inner peace.

One last most important of all is your last cable that you used.

You will prefer your next cable with the sound signature that is missing from your last cable or earphone.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #37 of 38
I am using an Axios pure Silver 16 braid on my MDR-Z!R and the sound is sublime compared to other cables. It is a "different" headphone with this cable and someone offered me to trade for their Utopia(which I already own anyways) and I laughed in their face. More braids=better sound obviously. That is just IMO,YMMV.

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #38 of 38
I have tried 4 and 8 wire acutally with hansound audio aegis 4 & 8 and agni(II) 4 & 8. I end up buying aegis 4, agni 4, agni 8
Sound wise, 4 and 8 does make a difference.
Overall tone of the same cable is the same, but 8 adds a lot more meat to the sound, making it thicker by a lot.
On aegis, which is silver/gold alloy with litz copper. 8 wire just simply makes it too warm and thick like having too much syrup on pancakes or butter in mash potato. 4 wire is just right on spot.
As for agni, which is pure silver, 8 adding thickness to an already bright and crisp tone is just right. But I still bough 4 also just to match with my se846, which is thick originally, and the lean, airy, speed of silver cable can add some more spark to the treble and details.

sum up on SQ: 4 is crispier, lighter / 8 is meaty and buttery. little more detail
sound stage is similar on both. speed is similar too but since 8 is thicker, "u feel" that its slower. but actually its just that its thicker and has more after-notes of the sound.

Therefore depends on the mix & match of your earphone and cable, together with the tone u prefer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back