7Hz Impressions & Discussion
May 4, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #4,007 of 4,269
@ Samandhi:

I Understand. It Gets Loud enough but the driver doesn‘t Sound controlled as with stronger Amps. So the Most dongles Are too Weak? A mobile amp is better? What would you buy? G5?
Others will be able to answer this question better than myself because I exclusively use DAPs for all my headgear (DX160 and DX300). I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction where that is concerned.

Having said that I would probably get something that has a balanced connection because those typically are capable of more output power delivery. But, that is my opinion, and YMMV.

May 9, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #4,009 of 4,269
Cross posting here.

Some more information on 7Hz Legato. Seems like they are aiming for a more speaker like experience, similar to the older full size speakers with 12inch woofers with tree way crossover design. More old school tuning not similar to normal Harman nowadays.

For me this sounds like a similar approach the Penon Serial.

Release end if this month and price is a still unknown.

@Leonarfd did you compare Legato with SIE?
More I listen SIE more I love it, it’s an incredible good iem!😃

May 9, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #4,010 of 4,269
@Leonarfd did you compare Legato with SIE?
More I listen SIE more I love it, it’s an incredible good iem!😃
Sorry no, not yet. I think Akros video on Legato has SiE in it.

We talked the last day. He likes the SIE so much he ordered another 😁

May 9, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #4,011 of 4,269
SIE is my cheap GOAT, can’t wait to listen Quartet too, but dunno if can compete with SIE

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #4,014 of 4,269
May 11, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #4,015 of 4,269
I've been testing the spinfit W1 lately, they sound a bit more spacious (because of the wider stem) and controlled in the bass compared to the CP100+. A bit leaner too. It's a technical improvement IMO but they don't match the Azla crystals for me. Those have a fuller tonal balance and even bigger soundstage (even wider stem). I think the rounder shape of the azlas just work better for the timeless as they are not true in-ears. The crystals are slightly bigger too so that may have an impact on tonality. Anyway the crystals are still unmatched tonality-wise among my collection of tips.

May 11, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #4,016 of 4,269
Posted this in the discovery thread but it should probably have gone here instead.

I finally joined the Timeless camp. Mother’s
Day sale at AE got me. $148USD shipped. I got the old school version primarily because I want that slick aluminum box. Plus the AE’s tuning looks less appealing to me.

May 11, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #4,017 of 4,269
I've been testing the spinfit W1 lately, they sound a bit more spacious (because of the wider stem) and controlled in the bass compared to the CP100+. A bit leaner too. It's a technical improvement IMO but they don't match the Azla crystals for me. Those have a fuller tonal balance and even bigger soundstage (even wider stem). I think the rounder shape of the azlas just work better for the timeless as they are not true in-ears. The crystals are slightly bigger too so that may have an impact on tonality. Anyway the crystals are still unmatched tonality-wise among my collection of tips.
I would bet the Crystal tips add to the staging also, being as they aren't truly in ear?!
Posted this in the discovery thread but it should probably have gone here instead.

I finally joined the Timeless camp. Mother’s
Day sale at AE got me. $148USD shipped. I got the old school version primarily because I want that slick aluminum box. Plus the AE’s tuning looks less appealing to me.
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Do give your impressions once you had some time with them?!

May 11, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #4,020 of 4,269
Yes very likely, at least for me the round shape is perfect for my ears! I'm using L format for both so i cannot imagine them being used in-ears...
For sure. I think they are actually TWS tips and were created to be shorter so they can fit into their respective charging cases. I only have a couple sets of IEMs that those types of tips give me a good seal, but of the ones that do, I love how they sit outside my ear canal and still seal well. I would also use a L size (where my ears are normally s-m for in-ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back