7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Feb 24, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #3,646 of 4,270
Cross posting here.

Some more information on 7Hz Legato. Seems like they are aiming for a more speaker like experience, similar to the older full size speakers with 12inch woofers with tree way crossover design. More old school tuning not similar to normal Harman nowadays.

For me this sounds like a similar approach the Penon Serial.

Release end if this month and price is a still unknown.

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #3,647 of 4,270
Some more information on 7Hz Legato.
28j7mfrm4d5a1.jpg

mx2userm4d5a1.jpg

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #3,648 of 4,270
Cross posting here.

Some more information on 7Hz Legato. Seems like they are aiming for a more speaker like experience, similar to the older full size speakers with 12inch woofers with tree way crossover design. More old school tuning not similar to normal Harman nowadays.

For me this sounds like a similar approach the Penon Serial.

Release end if this month and price is a still unknown.

Not the first time they mention it but I'm not sure what they mean by old school sound. Basically more bass and/or less treble?

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #3,649 of 4,270
Not the first time they mention it but I'm not sure what they mean by old school sound. Basically more bass and/or less treble?
Like now there were loads of different speakers, but as how they talk about them. The old vintage speakers I have heard always had a more thick sound compared to most newer speakers. Extra low end, full mids and smooth treble. So who knows 🤔

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #3,651 of 4,270
Man I’m loving the Timeless AE! So much fun and clear/resolving and all that both at the same time. They kind of feel like a Focal Elex, but cranked to another level.

I’ve been using them with the SpinFit W1 tips today. I can’t say that there is a huge difference, but they may sound a couple percent better.

Anyway, I’m glad I worked thru my initial fit issues, and got a fully working pair. They are so good with progressive metal, stuff like Haken, Vola, Katatonia, Opeth, Periphery, Intronaut, Car Bomb, Meshuggah, and other similar stuff.

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #3,653 of 4,270
Certainly some good taste involved here as well as hearing (see what I did there?)... :)
I like jazz too, but with all the crazy fun prog stuff I have a hard time focusing on jazz. Some of the more proggy jazz like Tigran Hamasyan, and Ron Minis is easy to enjoy for a prog metal head though.

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #3,654 of 4,270
I like jazz too, but with all the crazy fun prog stuff I have a hard time focusing on jazz. Some of the more proggy jazz like Tigran Hamasyan, and Ron Minis is easy to enjoy for a prog metal head though.
Hmmm I will give them a listen. I am normally that into jazz, but I have nothing against it either... But pretty much anything prog has gotten my recent attention. Well, in fairness, I have always loved it, but there is some really good contemporary stuff coming out also (that even an old man like me can enjoy). :wink:

Edit: I am old enough that when I was growing up, there was no differentiation between sub genres in metal. It was all just metal... hahaha

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #3,655 of 4,270
Hmmm I will give them a listen. I am normally that into jazz, but I have nothing against it either... But pretty much anything prog has gotten my recent attention. Well, in fairness, I have always loved it, but there is some really good contemporary stuff coming out also (that even an old man like me can enjoy). :wink:

Edit: I am old enough that when I was growing up, there was no differentiation between sub genres in metal. It was all just metal... hahaha
Nice. I also enjoy some of the classics like Black Sabbath, Rush, Gentle Giant, Yes, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, some Blue Oyster Cult, and so on.

I have so much bookmarked in my Apple Music library I very often have a hard time deciding what to listen to.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #3,656 of 4,270

Kids at school were discussing Rush and one told me I should listen to Moving Pictures (they knew I liked heavy music). I listened to it and thought, this is pop lol.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #3,657 of 4,270
Kids at school were discussing Rush and one told me I should listen to Moving Pictures (they knew I liked heavy music). I listened to it and thought, this is pop lol.
It’s still good stuff though, but yea, not super heavy.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #3,659 of 4,270
Nice. I also enjoy some of the classics like Black Sabbath, Rush, Gentle Giant, Yes, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, some Blue Oyster Cult, and so on.

I have so much bookmarked in my Apple Music library I very often have a hard time deciding what to listen to.
I know what you mean... Most times I just set it to play all (of my 29K music file library), and when I run into something I feel in the mood for, I will start playing one of their albums... :)
Blasphemer, calling Rush pop.... :wink:

Really though, I am not sure where they got heavy from that... And they are prog rock.. If you want to hear some of their best (non radio) stuff that is a bit heavier, listen to their album 2120.... They are one of the pioneers of prog rock (among others such as Yes, and Genesis early works).

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #3,660 of 4,270
Yes used to play A Farewell To Kings from a boom box delivering papers.

Tempted to get the new Timeless but the fit isn't the best for me.
I had a hard time with the fitment with the Timeless as well. I think the combination of the big round disc, and the shorter stems does it for me... I found that using the stock (foam looking) silicone tips work well for me because they are longer than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back