7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 14, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #2,402 of 4,273
I put on my XINHS 4 Cores Graphene 2.5mm cable today, after 50+ hours of non stop playing of my second pair of the Timeless. I'm still using the Whizzer EASYTIPS SS20, even though, for some weird/unknown to me reason, I do not have prefect fit on the right side.

I am using my Qudelix-5K.

Dear Father God, I praise and thank You for Your loving-kindness and great mercy! Mercy me! Save me! Miss Monique is driving me crazy...........................

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #2,403 of 4,273
I put on my XINHS 4 Cores Graphene 2.5mm cable today, after 50+ hours of non stop playing of my second pair of the Timeless. I'm still using the Whizzer EASYTIPS SS20, even though, for some weird/unknown to me reason, I do not have prefect fit on the right side.

I am using my Qudelix-5K.

Dear Father God, I praise and thank You for Your loving-kindness and great mercy! Mercy me! Save me! Miss Monique is driving me crazy...........................
Yes, Father God is full of loving kindness and His mercy does endure forever, BUT

What are you actually saying about the XinXS Graphene pairing the Timeless? What cable are you using on your first set and what difference do you here with Graphene on set 2?

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #2,404 of 4,273
Yes, Father God is full of loving kindness and His mercy does endure forever, BUT

What are you actually saying about the XinXS Graphene pairing the Timeless? What cable are you using on your first set and what difference do you here with Graphene on set 2?
I'll give my 2 cents. This pairing (with the same tips) is very dynamic and clear. Very airy with a big soundstage. Even though the 8-core with Symbio tips is a "better" combination all-around, the "fun factor" is very high with the 4-core and Whizzer tips. Tons of detail and sparkle, with deep bass. The mids are not as pronounced as with the 8-core graphene cable, but unless you compare them A/B against each other, you wouldn't notice the difference. The 4-core and SS20 tips are very well balanced. I probably listen to the 4-core and SS20 tips more than anything else right now. Super comfortable, best comfort out of any other tips I've tried. For my ears, they literally just disappear with a 100% seal.

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #2,405 of 4,273
I met with the Shuoer Rep who lives in Vancouver this afternoon and had our own little mini CanJam. I had the chance to AB side by side the S12 and Timeless. I have to say, that if I never heard the timeless I'd be be perfectly happy with with S12. It's a fine IEM demonstrating all the finest planar properties I found the differences subtle. More subbass on S12, more mid bass on Timeless. This give a little bleed into mids on S12 but again it's subtle, not a bad bleeding iem. Mids are a touch more forward (present) on Timeless (which I prefer) and the 5 to 8K sike is more pronounced on S12 (and I like it). Both extremely good IEMs. If you have Timeless, you don't need S12 and visa versa 😎

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #2,406 of 4,273
I met with the Shuoer Rep who lives in Vancouver this afternoon and had our own little mini CanJam. I had the chance to AB side by side the S12 and Timeless. I have to say, that if I never heard the timeless I'd be be perfectly happy with with S12. It's a fine IEM demonstrating all the finest planar properties I found the differences subtle. More subbass on S12, more mid bass on Timeless. This give a little bleed into mids on S12 but again it's subtle, not a bad bleeding iem. Mids are a touch more forward (present) on Timeless (which I prefer) and the 5 to 8K sike is more pronounced on S12 (and I like it). Both extremely good IEMs. If you have Timeless, you don't need S12 and visa versa 😎
Sounds like they are both winners in their own right?!

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #2,407 of 4,273
Hi all. I have an ie300 that I like a lot and use for travel (not as often as I used to) but I'm curious to give these a try. Appears that the price is right here! Anyone have any experience with both that can share if it's worth it to spend the time and money or are they too similar? Thanks in advance!

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #2,408 of 4,273
Are you asking about Timeless vs S12? If yes, knowing what I know I'd still give advantage to Timeless

Mar 15, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #2,409 of 4,273

Hi, with my second pair of the Timeless I was using the stock cable + tips until yesterday evening, when I've switched to the XINHS. This post expresses what I feel, too. Besides the Graphene cable, I also have the KBEAR Rhyme but I have not tested that one on my new pair. I don't want to change cables much due to the MMCX connectors. And, why should I? If I like what I hear, and I really do, there's no need to change the cable for some subtle differences. Tips have much bigger impact. With my first pair of the Timeless, I've done very little listening with cables because I connected it with my UTWS5 straight away (after burn-in).

Mar 15, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #2,410 of 4,273
OK, some of my stuff arrived. First of all, I installed the Symbio W eartips from Hungary (tested with the stock cable initially). My first impression was that I kinda liked them a bit more than what I had before (stock tips and Whizzer Easytips SS20). The Symbio W smoothed out those nasty highs and widened the scene a little bit, although there were still some slightly painful stabs in the highs around 12-13K. Not that the resolution has lowered but just the offensive highs have been tamed a bit. I could still hear all the detail, at least compared to what the stock cable provided.

And now the revelation! Apparently, the cable was the culprit and the main bottleneck in my case. I then replaced the stock cable with a pure silver 8 core KBear. Oh!.. My!.. God! I couldn't even think that the cable alone could improve the sound so much. I new it could but not to such an extent! The sound opened up in three dimensional space, became holographic, I simply lost in that space which was airy, wide, the separation and layering became very distinct and apparent. I didn't expect it at all! And there was the bass! It wasn't much louder, it just extended and cleared of some veil.

It absolutely wasn't a placebo effect because I initially expected just some extension and airyness in the highs and even some roll off in the low frequencies. I had even ordered another cable which is pure copper in order to complement the silver cable and give me some variation. From the very beginning I was seriously convinced that the stock cable was good. Haha! But now, compared to this pure silver beauty from KBear, I clearly think that the stock cable is muddy and flat, one-dimensional and piercing in the high frequencies. Adding some pure copper strands to the silver plated copper could not save the stock cable from being that bad. I'm now convinced more than ever before that the silver plating is to be avoided by all means because it ruins the sound so much. The silver KBear does not offend my ears with painful high stabs anymore! I was just sitting in awe for about 10 minutes straight and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I definitely didn't expect such an improvement.

However, even though this new cable is 4.4 mm balanced, I still tested it via the 3.5 mm adapter (also pure silver) in order to compare apples to apples because my stock cable is also 3.5 mm. I really thought I could reconnect the stock cable at some point but now I realised that I'm never going back to the stock cable at all.

This is when I heard the real sound from the Timeless. What I used to hear before was garbage. The new stuff is yet to come. And I'm yet to test this new cable via a balanced connection.
20220315_200353.jpg

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #2,413 of 4,273
Been enjoying my Timeless for a couple of weeks, maybe around 50hrs of listening.

Went to play them yesterday and they sounded very thin and scratchy. Didn't change anything, set-up the same.

Has anyone encountered this?
I haven't. Whatever changes may occur through burn in wouldn't be that extreme. I'm assuming that the issue isn't related to a poor seal ... sounding "thin" could be a symptom of a poor seal but "scratchy" wouldn't be (not in my experience anyway).

Are they still sounding this way or was it just a one time thing? Again, assuming it's not a poor seal, you could check the connection between the cables plug and the sources jack. Poor connection there could result in the sound that you describe.

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #2,414 of 4,273
I haven't. Whatever changes may occur through burn in wouldn't be that extreme. I'm assuming that the issue isn't related to a poor seal ... sounding "thin" could be a symptom of a poor seal but "scratchy" wouldn't be (not in my experience anyway).

Are they still sounding this way or was it just a one time thing? Again, assuming it's not a poor seal, you could check the connection between the cables plug and the sources jack. Poor connection there could result in the sound that you describe.
Thanks but unfortunately it's still happening, checked the seal, cable connections etc but still the same.

I will let it run for a few hours and see if it changes anything.

Mar 16, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #2,415 of 4,273
Been enjoying my Timeless for a couple of weeks, maybe around 50hrs of listening.

Went to play them yesterday and they sounded very thin and scratchy. Didn't change anything, set-up the same.

Has anyone encountered this?
Yes, I have. Although not with the Timeless yet. I use it like every other day and the only appreciable change in sound was due to the hardware replacement (cable, eartips). So I would check the eartips first. Then check the duct, if there is some cluttering or damage to the filter (there is a very fragile foil filter in the nozzle).

But I know it can happen just by itself. In my case I attribute it to my health, psychosomatics, different blood pressure, and my ears condition. It's never the same like ebb and flow. Also, such factors as humidity, atmospheric pressure, and even our mood we're in. Anyways, it happens to me all the time with all my headphones. Especially after a long break. It takes some time to adjust, to listen to music for a while. And the brain will then equalize it properly. I can't say if there might be something like too much humidity getting into the driver and... I don't know... oxidizing the conductors, covering the membrane. This is just my speculation, I never thought it could happen until I saw this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-ananda.879628/post-16824838

However, I wouldn't worry about it too much in terms of the Timeless. I bet it's just a matter of perception determined by our psychosomatics. But you never know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back