7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #1,966 of 4,269
These would probably be my favorite earphones ever if their soundstage was 25%-50% wider. Are there any established mods available for the Timeless yet?
I am currently using Whizzer EasyTips SS20 "Sound field". These are specifically advertised for soundstage and I think they work well on the Timeless. I've also tried JVC Spiral Dots which I think also tend to increase soundstage. Generally speaking, wider bore with a shorter tube = wider soundstage, less bass, more treble. Azla Xelastec and Crystal are also wide bore and short tube, I use them on other IEMs, and I think they also help soundstage there. Whizzer are the white tips, Spiral Dot the black. I have a slight preference for the Whizzer on these, it works very well. I have also used SpinFit CP100/+, those also work well, on these more bass but less soundstage. The Timeless has enough bass that I don't find these wide tips kill it, maybe make it a little more balanced.

DSC03534.JPG

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #1,967 of 4,269
I use the Final E tips. I was using the CFA silicone tips and they are wide bore and short tube. I found the Timeless became too bright with these tips, to the Timeless’s credit this was generally in recordings that were the problem and Timeless was just reproducing the problem in the recording.

Anyways… Final E tips for me 110%

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #1,968 of 4,269
Those look right. Azla Crystal Standard. The XINHS cable from Aliexpress is their part number "Earphone Cables-011". 4-core graphene alloy silver plated wire.... Used to be around $30, now it looks like they've raised the prices a bit. Honestly, if I were just starting out with the Timeless, I would just get this cable and these tips and be done with it. You'll be within 5-10% of its maximum capability. For under $300 you'll have a setup that is better than $500+ IEMs easily. To my ears, there *IS* a better cable and tip combination, but the tradeoffs might not be what others are looking for. The 4-core and Azla combination will appeal to more people and is a significant step up from stock that everyone can appreciate.

BTW, XINHS is one of the best sellers I've found on Ali. I've bought many cables from them and they've always arrived quickly and with great construction. I haven't had such good luck with other sellers, but XINHS is top notch.
Thank you for clarifying, and your opinion/impressions, as well :)

I have the KBEAR Rhyme MMCX 2.5mm but I am not using it with the Timeless now, because they are permanently hooked on my FiiO UTWS5. I'm currently using the KBEAR cable with my TRI I3. Both IEMs are wearing the SpinFit CP100+ Large. My Timeless sound awesome and the fit is just perfect! When it comes to my TRI I3, I am not sure which cable sounds better, the Rhyme or the TRI Grace-C, I have bought for them initially. With the CP100+ my TRI I3 do not have a perfect fit. I find myself pushing them in, sometimes.

I will get the AZLAs and the XINHS cable to use on a second pair of the Timeless, I'll buy later this year.

Thanks again :)

PS: LDAC through my phone, Qudelix-5K, Amazon Music unlimited, Electronic music.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #1,970 of 4,269
Guys, 7hz need extra amp or i can listen them directly from phone\pc?
They play fine from a phone or laptop and get to more than listenable volume but they definitely do scale up with a dongle amp/dac or higher end gear... Then you'll really be getting the full 100% out of them... With a phone you'll be missing out a bit in quality but definitely not quantity.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #1,971 of 4,269
Just bought Timeless from a Headfier mate, hope to hear it soon.

I also hope not to have problems with the seal and fit, the shape is certainly particular.

In case the stock tips don't work, at home I have something like Spinfit CP 145 and CP360, Tennmak ultra strong and some generic tips that aren't bad.

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,973 of 4,269
8-core, nice. Yes, XINHS cables are very high quality. I'm a huge fan.

Get ready to start tip rolling again with the new cable. You will likely find that you will need different tips to get the most out of that cable. I found that the cheap flimsy silicone tips just don't really cut it. Wide bore, short, heavy thick walled tips work best.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,974 of 4,269
8-core, nice. Yes, XINHS cables are very high quality. I'm a huge fan.

Get ready to start tip rolling again with the new cable. You will likely find that you will need different tips to get the most out of that cable. I found that the cheap flimsy silicone tips just don't really cut it. Wide bore, short, heavy thick walled tips work best.

I have Azla so I'll try them today. Better to use regular instead of lights?

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #1,975 of 4,269
I am currently using Whizzer EasyTips SS20 "Sound field". These are specifically advertised for soundstage and I think they work well on the Timeless. I've also tried JVC Spiral Dots which I think also tend to increase soundstage. Generally speaking, wider bore with a shorter tube = wider soundstage, less bass, more treble. Azla Xelastec and Crystal are also wide bore and short tube, I use them on other IEMs, and I think they also help soundstage there. Whizzer are the white tips, Spiral Dot the black. I have a slight preference for the Whizzer on these, it works very well. I have also used SpinFit CP100/+, those also work well, on these more bass but less soundstage. The Timeless has enough bass that I don't find these wide tips kill it, maybe make it a little more balanced.

you are a lifesaver dude, i am getting these for my final audio. I have no idea why people like Final E ear tips :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,976 of 4,269
I have Azla so I'll try them today. Better to use regular instead of lights?
I've found the regulars to be better. But the best match for the 8-core are Symbio W for me. With the 4-core cable I love the Azla Crystal Standards.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #1,978 of 4,269
The Symbios take some getting used to. They have a different presentation than other tips. Take note of just how cohesive and seamless the staging is and how pinpoint precise the imaging is. Some may not like the slightly "softer" presentation, but it really does create a fully integrated stage with incredible instrument separation. For the downtempo electronica that I normally listen to, the sound is perfect.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #1,979 of 4,269
The Symbios take some getting used to. They have a different presentation than other tips. Take note of just how cohesive and seamless the staging is and how pinpoint precise the imaging is. Some may not like the slightly "softer" presentation, but it really does create a fully integrated stage with incredible instrument separation. For the downtempo electronica that I normally listen to, the sound is perfect.

Yes very impressed, enjoying this album immensely right now - a huge favourite electronic album from last year, sounding fantastic. Great suggestion on the Symbio W, wouldn't have occurred to me to try it, even though one I often use with single DD IEMs.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #1,980 of 4,269
The Timeless has enough bass that I don't find these wide tips kill it, maybe make it a little more balanced.
Exactly, and you gotta find the right tips to control the bass without losing the deep bass, and then the Timeless open up and sound more neutral overall (closer to a more reasonable +5db boost).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back