7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 23, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #1,773 of 4,269
How can we install the 1990 oratory EQ into wavelet?? Is that possible and if so how and where?? Much thanks to anyone that can help with this question... I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.
Oratory 1990 is not an EQ in and of itself. It is simply a category for a multitude of EQ profiles (to which there are many others also). To use these profiles go to this page. You should read all about Auto-EQ, what it is, and how it works but if you are in a hurry, scroll down to Wavelet for directions on how to find and install these profiles through the app.

Edit: But if I have misunderstood, and you are simply looking for the Oratory 1990 EQ profile for the Timeless, I don't think it is on Github (the repository for Auto-EQ profiles). It looks like the only one there is the Crinacle profile.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,774 of 4,269
Oratory 1990 is not an EQ in and of itself. It is simply a category for a multitude of EQ profiles (to which there are many others also). To use these profiles go to this page. You should read all about Auto-EQ, what it is, and how it works but if you are in a hurry, scroll down to Wavelet for directions on how to find and install these profiles through the app.

Edit: But if I have misunderstood, and you are simply looking for the Oratory 1990 EQ profile for the Timeless, I don't think it is on Github (the repository for Auto-EQ profiles). It looks like the only one there is the Crinacle profile.
Edit Edit: Here is the profile, but you will have to plug the numbers in manually, it looks like.

Jan 23, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #1,776 of 4,269
I believe I'm the one who suggested the Whirlwinds. They are great tips. I swapped out to the Azla Sedna Short tips. Almost identical bore to the whirlwind but the silicone is a little thicker and a texture that gives better seal and occlusion. For me it steps the Timeless up one more notch in both staging and depth ... FWIW
Got my Whirlwinds today. They're really nice tips. Very similar to he Azlas, but I have to say that I think the staging and imaging is noticeably better. Clarity is spot on. I have to roll these tips with more cables, but right off the bat I think they're a really nice match for the Timeless. Quite frankly, I think the Azlas are a bit more "splashy" than the Whirlwinds. That is, there is more high-frequency resonance that takes away from the body and pinpoint imaging. I think the Whirlwinds might be a better choice in terms of technicalities. Very coherent stage, seamless from left to right. Quite concert-hall like. I think these have some promise.... now to try them with some other cables. I'm testing them all tonight on my 4-core SPC graphene cable and they seem to respond well. Oh, and their pricing is ridiculously low. 6 pairs for 10 bucks? That's insane.

Next up are the Epro Horn EP01 tips. Similar to the Whirlwinds in overall size and bore, but the material is much more flimsy. The sound profile is extremely precise and balanced, but much of the warmth is gone. Soundstage seems a little compressed by comparison to the Whirlwinds, maybe by 10% or so. The tradeoff to all this is that the sound tonality and texture is noticeably increased. A lot of separation across the frequency range, but lacking in body. Super clear and crisp. A fun tip to dissect the music, but doesn't have much of a "feel" to it. I think I prefer the Whirlwinds for now, at least with this cable.

Tonight, I also rolled some new Azla Shorts in the ML size compared to the M size that I've been using, just to see if there was a difference in "stuffing" a larger size into my ears. I don't hear any difference. So, as long as you have a decent seal, you should be good to go. So, for tonight's comparison, the Whirlwinds are the big winners. I don't think they're good enough to de-throne my Symbio's, but they're darn good as a backup. They offer a little different sound. Slightly more precision and brightness, with a tradeoff in reduced depth and imaging compared to the Symbios. But very, very capable tips.

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #1,777 of 4,269
Get ready for 7hz eternal , 14.5mm lcp DD with Ruby acoustic lens.

Attachments

• 1642912585657.jpg
    1642912585657.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1642912589476.jpg
    1642912589476.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #1,778 of 4,269
Interesting. I thought they will improve their planar further after the success of Timeless.

Jan 23, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #1,780 of 4,269
Got my Whirlwinds today. They're really nice tips. Very similar to he Azlas, but I have to say that I think the staging and imaging is noticeably better. Clarity is spot on. I have to roll these tips with more cables, but right off the bat I think they're a really nice match for the Timeless. Quite frankly, I think the Azlas are a bit more "splashy" than the Whirlwinds. That is, there is more high-frequency resonance that takes away from the body and pinpoint imaging. I think the Whirlwinds might be a better choice in terms of technicalities. Very coherent stage, seamless from left to right. Quite concert-hall like. I think these have some promise.... now to try them with some other cables. I'm testing them all tonight on my 4-core SPC graphene cable and they seem to respond well. Oh, and their pricing is ridiculously low. 6 pairs for 10 bucks? That's insane.

Next up are the Epro Horn EP01 tips. Similar to the Whirlwinds in overall size and bore, but the material is much more flimsy. The sound profile is extremely precise and balanced, but much of the warmth is gone. Soundstage seems a little compressed by comparison to the Whirlwinds, maybe by 10% or so. The tradeoff to all this is that the sound tonality and texture is noticeably increased. A lot of separation across the frequency range, but lacking in body. Super clear and crisp. A fun tip to dissect the music, but doesn't have much of a "feel" to it. I think I prefer the Whirlwinds for now, at least with this cable.

Tonight, I also rolled some new Azla Shorts in the ML size compared to the M size that I've been using, just to see if there was a difference in "stuffing" a larger size into my ears. I don't hear any difference. So, as long as you have a decent seal, you should be good to go. So, for tonight's comparison, the Whirlwinds are the big winners. I don't think they're good enough to de-throne my Symbio's, but they're darn good as a backup. They offer a little different sound. Slightly more precision and brightness, with a tradeoff in reduced depth and imaging compared to the Symbios. But very, very capable tips.
I think you are spot-on. Symbios are fantastic lil' tips. And the whirlwinds are also great. My IT07 came with a set of them (in blue), and I like to swap them from the IT07 to the Timeless, and a couple of other pairs. I guess I should just pony up and buy a few (being as cheap as they are).

The tips I have been using for them (the ones from the old school Piston II) are identical to the whirlwinds, except they are a bit softer and a bit tackier to the touch. I also tried the Azla ML and found that they DO work but take more effort to get them inserted until they grab and stay. But I think I prefer the bigger barrels for the Timeless overall. I have never really found them to be too hot for my ears, so the smaller barrel tips tend to cut the top end too much.

I have a bunch of tips that I am still going through, and some even with a medium sized barrel. I am wondering if that will give the best of both worlds?! We shall see.

Get ready for 7hz eternal , 14.5mm lcp DD with Ruby acoustic lens.
Nice! Any clue as the price bracket these will fall into?

Jan 23, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #1,782 of 4,269
Just changed the eartips that I am using on the 7Hz Timeless to the Final E Tips. So comfy and sound great. I think the wide bore silicon tips from CFA I was using did not do these IEMs any favours. Definitely tamed the treble with the Final e tips.

God, I love these IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #1,783 of 4,269
Just changed the eartips that I am using on the 7Hz Timeless to the Final E Tips. So comfy and sound great. I think the wide bore silicon tips from CFA I was using did not do these IEMs any favours. Definitely tamed the treble.

God, I love these IEMs.
Great choice. Final Type E tips are great for taming highs if you don't like how hot they are (to your ears). And I totally agree, they are so comfortable to me too. It's awesome that you have found a great sound from these. Planar headphone/IEMs are really special when done properly (IMHO).

What cable are you using? I landed back on the stock cable for these. In the end I think that it pairs really well (with these). I find that with a lot of budget IEMs (and some higher end ones too) the cable is an afterthought and thrown on just at the end. But I think some are matched very well with the intended sound the company is looking for. I believe this is one of those times. Plus, the aesthetics and practicality are really good with this cable. I am actually getting more into thinner cables as of late, and if they are able to provide the current these need, then I say it is good. All this is IMO, so take with a grain of salt.

My second favorite cable for these is the Dunu DUW-02 (a modular cable). I need to try a pure copper cable before calling it a day though. I got rid of all of those some time back because I don't really have any IEMs left that I feel needs it.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #1,784 of 4,269
@samandhi , when you are referring to the Symbio tips, do you mean these?

I am currently using the SpinFit CP100+ together with the KBEAR Rhyme cable. Listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my Qudelix 5K, LDAC. The result is amazing for me! What truly impresses me, though, is when I am listening to YouTube [Vanced}. I use it to discover new music, and because the DJ sets available there, are not available on Amazon. It feels fantastic immersing into the sound and forgetting everything else! It's truly awesome!

I haven't used the stock cable much but what I recall is a thinner sound, much treble and not feeling the base. Perhaps, maybe for sure, it was because I've used it just in the very beginning, prior to burning in. I would give it another try but it doesn't worth it for me, because my Timeless are meant to be used with my FiiO UTWS5. So, very soon, I will disconnect them from any cable.

Tips are more important to me. The sad thing is that these tips are not available on Amazon UK. These Symbios, for example, are currently unavailable. Similarly, it took more than one month for my CP100+ to arrive from AliExpress, same for my KBEAR Rhyme. It becomes exhausting, after a point.

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #1,785 of 4,269
@samandhi , when you are referring to the Symbio tips, do you mean these?

I am currently using the SpinFit CP100+ together with the KBEAR Rhyme cable. Listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my Qudelix 5K, LDAC. The result is amazing for me! What truly impresses me, though, is when I am listening to YouTube [Vanced}. I use it to discover new music, and because the DJ sets available there, are not available on Amazon. It feels fantastic immersing into the sound and forgetting everything else! It's truly awesome!

I haven't used the stock cable much but what I recall is a thinner sound, much treble and not feeling the base. Perhaps, maybe for sure, it was because I've used it just in the very beginning, prior to burning in. I would give it another try but it doesn't worth it for me, because my Timeless are meant to be used with my FiiO UTWS5. So, very soon, I will disconnect them from any cable.

Tips are more important to me. The sad thing is that these tips are not available on Amazon UK. These Symbios, for example, are currently unavailable. Similarly, it took more than one month for my CP100+ to arrive from AliExpress, same for my KBEAR Rhyme. It becomes exhausting, after a point.

Unfortunately, it takes ages to get your goodies from AliExpress, but sometimes they are worth waiting for.

Try the Misodiko Mix460, they are virtually the same product. I am not sure how well they work on the Timeless, but they are worth having in your arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back