7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #1,786 of 4,273
@samandhi , when you are referring to the Symbio tips, do you mean these?

I am currently using the SpinFit CP100+ together with the KBEAR Rhyme cable. Listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my Qudelix 5K, LDAC. The result is amazing for me! What truly impresses me, though, is when I am listening to YouTube [Vanced}. I use it to discover new music, and because the DJ sets available there, are not available on Amazon. It feels fantastic immersing into the sound and forgetting everything else! It's truly awesome!

I haven't used the stock cable much but what I recall is a thinner sound, much treble and not feeling the base. Perhaps, maybe for sure, it was because I've used it just in the very beginning, prior to burning in. I would give it another try but it doesn't worth it for me, because my Timeless are meant to be used with my FiiO UTWS5. So, very soon, I will disconnect them from any cable.

Tips are more important to me. The sad thing is that these tips are not available on Amazon UK. These Symbios, for example, are currently unavailable. Similarly, it took more than one month for my CP100+ to arrive from AliExpress, same for my KBEAR Rhyme. It becomes exhausting, after a point.
Those are my favorite ones. Have you tried getting them from here? They are official partners to Symbio in the UK.

I also use Amazon HD as my main streamer, and YTM for discovery.. Nice! Ultra HD streaming is a great thing to have, and I find that Amazon HD has pretty much everything that GPM used to have (which includes obscure stuff I couldn't find anywhere else).

I haven't used the Rhyme on these, but after cable rolling for a bit (including iBasso pure silver, and Dunu DUW-02 cables), I keep coming back to the stock one. I have tried a few Tripowin, Fdbro, Yi*** (banned), etc... also.

Yeah, I only order from AliExpress when all else fails. You can pretty much find anything there, but unless you pay an exorbitant shipping cost, and want to pay large VAT, you're stuck with China Post shipping (which seems to be the slowest in the world). Not to mention that this time of year, the whole country is off work for a whole month.. :rolling_eyes:

I am planning on buying one of the Rhyme because it seems to be a very good cable (for the money) from what I have seen here on Head-Fi. I am just waiting for the Amazon.US site to get some 4.4mm TRRS back in stock. Currently I can only get 3.5 SE.

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #1,787 of 4,273
Unfortunately, it takes ages to get your goodies from AliExpress, but sometimes they are worth waiting for.

Try the Misodiko Mix460, they are virtually the same product. I am not sure how well they work on the Timeless, but they are worth having in your arsenal.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll keep them in mind :)

Have you received your replacement?

Also, and sorry for the off-topic, could you suggest me a few songs to test the base, midrange and treble? Perhaps, link me to one of your reviews, where you describe what to listen to? What's the name of that tube amp or dac you have?

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #1,788 of 4,273
Those are my favorite ones. Have you tried getting them from here? They are official partners to Symbio in the UK.

I also use Amazon HD as my main streamer, and YTM for discovery.. Nice! Ultra HD streaming is a great thing to have, and I find that Amazon HD has pretty much everything that GPM used to have (which includes obscure stuff I couldn't find anywhere else).

I haven't used the Rhyme on these, but after cable rolling for a bit (including iBasso pure silver, and Dunu DUW-02 cables), I keep coming back to the stock one. I have tried a few Tripowin, Fdbro, Yi*** (banned), etc... also.

Yeah, I only order from AliExpress when all else fails. You can pretty much find anything there, but unless you pay an exorbitant shipping cost, and want to pay large VAT, you're stuck with China Post shipping (which seems to be the slowest in the world). Not to mention that this time of year, the whole country is off work for a whole month.. :rolling_eyes:

I am planning on buying one of the Rhyme because it seems to be a very good cable (for the money) from what I have seen here on Head-Fi. I am just waiting for the Amazon.US site to get some 4.4mm TRRS back in stock. Currently I can only get 3.5 SE.
Thanks for the link to that shop! The Symbio W is not available on AliExpress, either, right now, at least I haven't been able to find them, after a quick search. No worries. I still haven't tried all of stock tips provided + the CP100+ sound great to me :) I will give the stock cable another try this week.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #1,789 of 4,273
@samandhi , when you are referring to the Symbio tips, do you mean these?

I am currently using the SpinFit CP100+ together with the KBEAR Rhyme cable. Listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my Qudelix 5K, LDAC. The result is amazing for me! What truly impresses me, though, is when I am listening to YouTube [Vanced}. I use it to discover new music, and because the DJ sets available there, are not available on Amazon. It feels fantastic immersing into the sound and forgetting everything else! It's truly awesome!

I haven't used the stock cable much but what I recall is a thinner sound, much treble and not feeling the base. Perhaps, maybe for sure, it was because I've used it just in the very beginning, prior to burning in. I would give it another try but it doesn't worth it for me, because my Timeless are meant to be used with my FiiO UTWS5. So, very soon, I will disconnect them from any cable.

Tips are more important to me. The sad thing is that these tips are not available on Amazon UK. These Symbios, for example, are currently unavailable. Similarly, it took more than one month for my CP100+ to arrive from AliExpress, same for my KBEAR Rhyme. It becomes exhausting, after a point.
I jump in because of your remarks about the UTWS5. I keep the Timeless wired because I noticed significant improvement when coupled with specific sources.
I was having an itch lately about the Fiio UTWS5 though.
How does the Timeless/UTWS5 combo sound?

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #1,790 of 4,273
I jump in because of your remarks about the UTWS5. I keep the Timeless wired because I noticed significant improvement when coupled with specific sources.
The Timeless and UTWS5 match together pretty damn good.
Apparently pretty damn good according to voicemaster

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #1,791 of 4,273
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll keep them in mind :)

Have you received your replacement?

Also, and sorry for the off-topic, could you suggest me a few songs to test the base, midrange and treble? Perhaps, link me to one of your reviews, where you describe what to listen to? What's the name of that tube amp or dac you have?
My replacement unit was shipped and I had notification today that it arrived in the UK. As you know Royal Mail is a bit (understatement) out of sorts - apparently some people have just received their Christmas cards.😳

I do not use a fixed test track list, so I will think about it and get back to you.

The tube amp is Xduoo MT604, please remember it has 2 Watts of power into 32Ohms, with no gain stages, which means it can destroy IEMs and Headphones. It has two volume knobs (left and right) so in order to get better control over volume it is better to have a DAC with volume control, single ended is fine. I use the inexpensive but wonderful Rod Rain ES9038Q2M DAC, with Bluetooth, Coaxial and Optical options, fed into the MT604 with RCA (female) to 3 pin XLR (male) adapters.
Together you get a wonderfully clean sound, but be careful, this also has an output of 2W into 32Ohm, according to the seller. At the price of the Rod Rain DAC (£38 sale price, which sounds good on its own) you can upgrade either your op amps, power units, or the whole DAC without much pain.

Screenshot_20220116-182049_Gallery.jpg

Sorry, the Mi Mix is an additional cost, although I have had it for years. It is one of the best sounding phones, I have heard. Just as long as your source is good you should be fine.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #1,792 of 4,273
The Timeless sound great with my UTWS5 but, I have to admit, not quite as when I'm listening to them with my Qudelix 5K + KBEAR Rhyme. But they sound excellent! What I mean is that, I am using them on the go, while I am on the street, walking, or at the supermarket and the shops. I have complete isolation, I am lost in music, and 75% of my consciousness is in the mix, as I'm listening to Electronica and Dj sets most of the time, lately. I don't know if this answers your question but for me they are just great! These days, for like a week, I am listening to my TRI I3, as well, hooked on the UTWS5. With the TRI I3 the difference is more audible. But with the Timeless, even though it's still there, you need to really focus to hear it. At least, me. I haven't started jogging, yet, but I surely hope they will keep up, as well!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #1,793 of 4,273
My replacement unit was shipped and I had notification today that it arrived in the UK. As you know Royal Mail is a bit (understatement) out of sorts - apparently some people have just received their Christmas cards.😳

I do not use a fixed test track list, so I will think about it and get back to you.

The tube amp is Xduoo MT604, please remember it has 2 Watts of power into 32Ohms, with no gain stages, which means it can destroy IEMs and Headphones. It has two volume knobs (left and right) so in order to get better control over volume it is better to have a DAC with volume control, single ended is fine. I use the inexpensive but wonderful Rod Rain ES9038Q2M DAC, with Bluetooth, Coaxial and Optical options, fed into the MT604 with RCA (female) to 3 pin XLR (male) adapters.
Together you get a wonderfully clean sound, but be careful, this also has an output of 2W into 32Ohm, according to the seller. At the price of the Rod Rain DAC (£38 sale price, which sounds good on its own) you can upgrade either your op amps, power units, or the whole DAC without much pain.

Screenshot_20220116-182049_Gallery.jpg

Sorry, the Mi Mix is an additional cost, although I have had it for years. It is one of the best sounding phones, I have heard. Just as long as your source is good you should be fine.
I hope and wish that you will receive your Timeless, ASAP, and I am looking forward to your review, after 250 hours of burning in! :)

Oh, okay, I see, re: that Amp. I will buy a headphone amplifier around November 2022, after I will build my new desktop, I am just waiting for the new AMD processors to come out. IF you have any headphone tube desktop amplifiers to suggest, I'd be grateful! Just to have a look. Thanks, sorry for the off-topic..

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #1,795 of 4,273
Swop out the meh og tubes and Timeless truly shines driven by MT-604 👍
I bought the replacement tubes GE JAN 5654w, I will swop them at some stage, just need things to settle down a bit for me.....more time to deal with my objectives (rather than events) and more listening time.

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #1,796 of 4,273
The Timeless sound great with my UTWS5 but, I have to admit, not quite as when I'm listening to them with my Qudelix 5K + KBEAR Rhyme. But they sound excellent! What I mean is that, I am using them on the go, while I am on the street, walking, or at the supermarket and the shops. I have complete isolation, I am lost in music, and 75% of my consciousness is in the mix, as I'm listening to Electronica and Dj sets most of the time, lately. I don't know if this answers your question but for me they are just great! These days, for like a week, I am listening to my TRI I3, as well, hooked on the UTWS5. With the TRI I3 the difference is more audible. But with the Timeless, even though it's still there, you need to really focus to hear it. At least, me. I haven't started jogging, yet, but I surely hope they will keep up, as well!
how are the tri i3 compared to the timeless? i was looking at checking them out.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #1,797 of 4,273
I hope and wish that you will receive your Timeless, ASAP, and I am looking forward to your review, after 250 hours of burning in! :)

Oh, okay, I see, re: that Amp. I will buy a headphone amplifier around November 2022, after I will build my new desktop, I am just waiting for the new AMD processors to come out. IF you have any headphone tube desktop amplifiers to suggest, I'd be grateful! Just to have a look. Thanks, sorry for the off-topic..
Just 248 plus a few minutes 😁

You might want to check out the link here for a few tracks.

I cannot get the link direct to my review but my review is right at the bottom.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-starshine.25172/reviews

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #1,798 of 4,273
I was reminded this morning about the importance of tips (duh!)… I put Spinfit 145 on my Timeless and was listening to some tracks and thinking to myself that the mids and highs sounded rough. I switched back the yellow stem stock tips (same source, same track, same volume) and back to nice and smooth sound. Sometimes it is necessary to reminded of the basics…!

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #1,799 of 4,273
how are the tri i3 compared to the timeless? i was looking at checking them out.
Hello,

You caught me on the switching, I've just reconnected my Timeless on the UTWS5 and my TRI I3 on the KBEAR Rhyme cable. I am listening to them right now, a few minutes ago I was listening to the Timeless. Both from my Qudelix 5K, Amazon HD, LDAC. Both are wearing the SpinFit CP100+
EQ: OFF, volume -20db

I am a bit shocked.

I was aware that my TRI I3 (not the Pro) were different but... I was not expecting this, honestly! My TRI I3 have a much wider, 3-dimensional, stage. There is space and the air is breathing between the instruments. The sound is lush, richer. The bass is dominating and the subbase rules! While listening to the same songs I raised the volume to -18db spontaneously, in my Qudelix.

Jean-Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields, Pt. 2
Jean-Michel Jarre - Calypso
Koan - Hanblicheya (Blue Mix)
Koan - Crying Prozerpine (Blue Mix)
Koan - Vision Of Star Woman (Big Deeper Mix)

Catalysts. I was standing still, like a soldier in front of his flag, absorbing every note.

So... that is my impression. For me, for my ears, for the music I am listening to, through the devices I am using, the TRI I3 sound better. I think I have not found the appropriate tips for the Timeless, yet. They play fine, they play super nice! They fulfil 100% the reason I've purchased them, to be used as portable. But they cannot get me, yet. They cannot make me stand still, breathless. I will continue looking, and I might start playing with the parametric equalizer, a bit.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #1,800 of 4,273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back