7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 28, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,396 of 4,269
It could be as they are one of easiest to put on timeless iem so no surprise. Is it cp100 + different here?
CP145 is 4.5mm tube, CP100/+ is 4mm. So yes, they are tighter. The CP145 should be OK by the specs, but trying both of them on my Timeless, the CP100 is harder to get on in the first place. Not to the point it's a problem- but the CP145 just slips on, the CP100 needs a bit of wiggling. The CP100 once on grips onto the nozzle a lot firmer, the CP145 does stay on but I can pull it straight off, the CP100 it takes quite a bit to get them back off, no way would these ever be coming off accidentally. I use CP100+ on them myself.

Dec 28, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,398 of 4,269
For $130? I'm in. I've spent more on worse things...

Me too. My 2nd pair of Timeless (that arrived with a bad MMCX connector on the left monitor) are on their way back to China, and I figure I can A/B a pair with the other pair of Timeless I have from Drop.com.

I guess the Shuoer S12 is the Soloist 2 that Super* Review / @MRSallee was talking about back on page 34 of the thread and shared his FR charts for:

1640701819396.png

Given that I expect to be dealing with the hassle of the product return to China into February, that'll give me time to check these out before I decide whether to get a refund for my bad set of Timeless, or a replacement instead.

In Timeless-only news, I had my first "good IEMs reveal bad sources" experience last week, while I was A/B testing a set of Custom Art FIBAE 4 CIEMs I picked up cheap second-hand back in October, and took advantage of Custom Art's amazing ownership transfer service. The FIBAE 4 had just arrived from their spa day in Poland, and I was swapping between the Timeless and those, listening to favorite songs back-to-back to compare the characteristics of each.

Rush's "Limelight" came up in the playlist, and it was the Timeless' turn to go first. After listening to the song hundreds of times over 40+ years, I was able to hear the separation in delay/reverb effects applied to Geddy Lee's vocal track on the song, and hear both his voice and the processed effects as separate "instruments" in the final mix. Switched back to the FIBAE 4, and the auditory effect was still there, but I would never have noticed it in the first place without the Timeless.

So, what would a practiced critical listener describe that phenomenon as, just so I can know when it happens again?

Dec 28, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #1,399 of 4,269
Me too. My 2nd pair of Timeless (that arrived with a bad MMCX connector on the left monitor) are on their way back to China, and I figure I can A/B a pair with the other pair of Timeless I have from Drop.com.

I guess the Shuoer S12 is the Soloist 2 that Super* Review / @MRSallee was talking about back on page 34 of the thread and shared his FR charts for:

1640701819396.png

Given that I expect to be dealing with the hassle of the product return to China into February, that'll give me time to check these out before I decide whether to get a refund for my bad set of Timeless, or a replacement instead.

In Timeless-only news, I had my first "good IEMs reveal bad sources" experience last week, while I was A/B testing a set of Custom Art FIBAE 4 CIEMs I picked up cheap second-hand back in October, and took advantage of Custom Art's amazing ownership transfer service. The FIBAE 4 had just arrived from their spa day in Poland, and I was swapping between the Timeless and those, listening to favorite songs back-to-back to compare the characteristics of each.

Rush's "Limelight" came up in the playlist, and it was the Timeless' turn to go first. After listening to the song hundreds of times over 40+ years, I was able to hear the separation in delay/reverb effects applied to Geddy Lee's vocal track on the song, and hear both his voice and the processed effects as separate "instruments" in the final mix. Switched back to the FIBAE 4, and the auditory effect was still there, but I would never have noticed it in the first place without the Timeless.

So, what would a practiced critical listener describe that phenomenon as, just so I can know when it happens again?
Personally I would call that the bottleneck effect :) Only so much information can pass through a slower transducer. You're basically experiencing the benefits of transparency. It happened to me too a couple of times with the timeless.

Dec 28, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #1,400 of 4,269
Cp100+ are a much tighter fit on the nozzle. I have tried CP145 and I like them also, but I find they add a touch too much bass. The cp100+ are more neutral sounding to my ears.
Thanks, this is what i wanted to hear so now i know that i will like cp100+ when i get it. As seems not only for me cp145 adds a little too much bass and i feel less is better with timeless. Then it is more neutral and overal balanced sounding.
What cable are you using or nothing specific?

Dec 28, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,401 of 4,269

1640701819396.png

If that's a graph of the upcoming Shuoer S12 planar ... I would suggest the possibility that it's the same planar driver as Timeless (with Shuoer just calling it 14.8mm instead of 14.2mm) with the difference in FR accounted for mainly by the different housing that Shuoer has them in. Then again, I could be way off base.

Dec 28, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #1,402 of 4,269
If that's a graph of the upcoming Shuoer S12 planar ... I would suggest the possibility that it's the same planar driver as Timeless (with Shuoer just calling it 14.8mm instead of 14.2mm) with the difference in FR accounted for mainly by the different housing that Shuoer has them in. Then again, I could be way off base.
My S12 is on the way. Let see how it fair with timeless.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,403 of 4,269
If anyone was wondering about the 7hz Timeless on Drop.com -- I emailed them and they said they would all be shipping from their warehouse in NJ. Should make the delivery times super quick.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #1,405 of 4,269
Dec 28, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,407 of 4,269
symbio eartips arrived today fit the iems and ears nicely... calling it neutral with stellar isolation. foam interior with silicone exterior.
Hmph. I have a set of Symbio W tips sitting in the bottom of my box. Never found a good use for them. Just trying them now...

I'll repeat myself: Hmph. I guess this is what these forums are for. The graphene cable review will need to wait a bit....

Dec 28, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #1,409 of 4,269
Pulled the trigger on these, found them used in amazing condition for $150 shipped. I really hope they fit my ears. I'll do a write up once I get some hours on them.

Dec 28, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #1,410 of 4,269
Symbio W tips create a super wide sound stage and a flat treble. Treble peaks are gone. It's kind of a thing that depends on ones taste.
I'm not who I should thank for recommending these tips .....I know it was someone here (probably you) Spinfits 100 tomorrow. I'm just going to thank everyone but mostly you. Honestly I didn't think I could get these as flat / balanced as they sound just with tips alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back