7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 27, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,366 of 4,273
I’ve had the 7Hz Timeless for about a month. I would agree they are very good and well worth the price. The 7Hz Timeless are way better than my custom JH Audio Roxanne - but honestly, the Roxanne is among the most disappointing purchases I’ve ever made in this hobby, so that says more about JH Audio than 7Hz.

I’m using my 7Hz Timeless with an Eddie Current 4-45, a DHT headphone amp. The 7Hz fall well short of my HD800 in terms of detail retrieval, and are actually pretty close to the HD650 in that respect. They don’t come close to the HD800 out of the Apex Teton, which is the best combination I have heard personally. That is not surprising, but worth mentioning in light of some of the glowing reviews. The Timeless are great for their portability and isolation but I don’t think they quite compete with top full-size headphones.

I also followed the recommendations of those in this thread who claim the Timeless need a replacement cable to sound their best by buying a $42 XINHS graphene IEM cable. Honestly, I can‘t tell much if any difference between the stock cable and the XINHS, so I would recommend sticking with the stock cable unless you already own a bunch of replacement cables.
Let's hope that we can buy a chifi IEM one day that outclasses the HD800 in clarity and resolution. That would be my dream. Maybe the Thieaudio Monarch sets could do it? I hope we will see more planar IEMs in the future.

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #1,367 of 4,273
They don’t come close to the HD800 out of the Apex Teton, which is the best combination I have heard personally. That is not surprising, but worth mentioning in light of some of the glowing reviews
Also worth mentioninng that Apex Teton is high end amp with price of 5000$ and hd800 1500$ senheiser pre top headphones. Naturally that 200$ iems can't be compared, even mentioning at the same post are a little bit out of place.
I got them not very long time ago and can say that for my ears and from what i heard glowing reviews of timeless is less glowing than these iems actually are for their price. They are not end game for everyone and no one says that but for majority budget minded audiophiles they can be easily. Buying them is actually spending less because each $ you spent on them can be multiplied x2 or x3 for their actual sound. And with some other audiophile gear i bought actualy real value i got was like /2 /3 for their asking price. So one more new happy 7hz owner subjective thoughts. Now only left to find best source for them and ofcourse will try as many tips and cables to squeeze every bit of them. :wink:

Dec 27, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #1,368 of 4,273
They are not end game for everyone and no one says that but for majority budget minded audiophiles they can be easily.

I totally agree the 7Hz Timeless are well worth the price. I also didn't expect them to beat out a top-of-the-line headphone setup.

That said, I think it's useful in a long thread with a lot of raves to convey realistic expectations about how the sound quality of the 7Hz Timeless stacks up, as well as to weigh in on the claims that replacement IEM cables are needed to dramatically improve SQ.

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #1,370 of 4,273
I know there are differing opinions on whether or not cables make an audible difference. It might depend on setup, source, music genre, age, or evil spirits. Who knows. I personally feel that I can tell the difference pretty easily among the 5 or 6 cables I've tried so far.

I have received and tested my 8-core graphene cable from XINHS. If anyone cares to hear my opinion, let me know and I'll post it here.

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,372 of 4,273
Dec 27, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,373 of 4,273
I totally agree the 7Hz Timeless are well worth the price. I also didn't expect them to beat out a top-of-the-line headphone setup.

That said, I think it's useful in a long thread with a lot of raves to convey realistic expectations about how the sound quality of the 7Hz Timeless stacks up, as well as to weigh in on the claims that replacement IEM cables are needed to dramatically improve SQ.
I replaced the stock cable simply because I bought Timeless with the 4.4mm cable but needed a 2.5mm. That's not to say that I think cables make no difference whatsoever. Just as an extreme example, the first replacement cable I used significantly attenuated the bass (Fiio LC-RC). Regardless, otherwise the 4.4mm connector, I was fine with the stock cable.

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,374 of 4,273
I know there are differing opinions on whether or not cables make an audible difference. It might depend on setup, source, music genre, age, or evil spirits. Who knows. I personally feel that I can tell the difference pretty easily among the 5 or 6 cables I've tried so far.

I have received and tested my 8-core graphene cable from XINHS. If anyone cares to hear my opinion, let me know and I'll post it here.
Sure a small write up would be appreciated 👍

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,375 of 4,273

I'd love to know re Graphene before I pull the trigger or just use the Rhyme I already have!

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,377 of 4,273
There is still a place for dynamic drivers. I just hope for an innovative market with wonderful new IEMs.

Absolutely - dynamic drivers are my top choice, curious now to hear how Timeless compares but it will take a lot for me to shift my preference from single DDs!

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,378 of 4,273
^^ This is just like the headphone market in general, some will prefer planars, while some will stick to good old dynamics. We can all agree that each technology has its own strengths. The game changer is for people who want the technicalities of balanced armatures with a more realistic sound - I think this is where planar brings something new. Just like 10 years ago when planar brought something new to the headphone market and basically made electrostats redundant. This is what might eventually happen to balanced armatures.

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #1,379 of 4,273
Absolutely - dynamic drivers are my top choice, curious now to hear how Timeless compares but it will take a lot for me to shift my preference from single DDs!
I friggin love the Dunu Zen. The lack of treble extension hasn't bothered me enough yet to jump on the Zen Pro. Maybe it's because my hearing is gone not far beyond 10K. Guitars, guns and age ...

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #1,380 of 4,273

I am interested, as well, especially in how does it sound to you compared to the KBEAR Rhyme. This will be the cable I will keep, when it will finally arrive.

For what is worth, here's what they replied to me from KBEAR official store on AliExpress, when I inquired about these cables:

"KBEAR Rhyme uses UPOCC, it is more natural than copper sound"
"KBEAR 16 core is OFC, it is better for bass"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back