7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 25, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,336 of 4,275
The tips with the arrow in your photo are Kbear 07's. The ones with the smaller bore and bluish silicone are Kbear 08's. Both are clones of Acoustune tips. I don't know what the clear silicone are. Anyway, those are the same tip selection that I received. The 07's should have a little less bass with open mids and treble compared to the 08's with the smaller bore which should have a bit stronger bass. The 08's can tend to be a bit brighter despite the stronger bass. I think they may provide a bit more V-shape but it depends on your ears and the iem. I like the Kbear tips, I use them on a couple other iems. With Timeless I do get a bit better seal with Spinfit CP100's which may have a hair less bass. I think I very slightly prefer the Kbear 07 with Timeless but I'm using the Spinfits as of now because of the seal and comfort.
Thank you for your reply!

Just to confirm, are these the 08s?

PS1: I will also use the SpinFit CP100+ , as soon as they will arrive from AliExpress. They are delayed

PS:2 I, as well, have just ordered the KBEAR Rhyme, even though 1) I already have the KBEAR 16 Core and 2) I am planning to use my Timeless with my FiiO UTWS5, which will arrive next week, exclusively.

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,337 of 4,275
Thank you for your reply!

Just to confirm, are these the 08s?

PS1: I will also use the SpinFit CP100+ , as soon as they will arrive from AliExpress. They are delayed

PS:2 I, as well, have just ordered the KBEAR Rhyme, even though 1) I already have the KBEAR 16 Core and 2) I am planning to use my Timeless with my FiiO UTWS5, which will arrive next week, exclusively.
Yes, those are the Kbear 08.

Dec 25, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,338 of 4,275
Excellent, I was almost dismissing that Rhyme cable on the basis of the price. I've dug it out now and ready for Timeless! I ordered it early this year but never used, figured it might come in handy at some point!

Same here. I bought a bunch of cables during the 12/6 sale and added the Rhyme on a whim just to round out the order with a mixed cable. I really liked the graphene cable and I was all set to just use it exclusively forever, but then I decided to try the Rhyme just out of curiosity. Once I heard it, though, I knew it added something special to the sound, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. It sounded more "atmospheric" and markedly smoother. As I said, it just takes the resolution and "air" to the next level.

I will qualify my statement that I can hear this on MY system. I have hauled out my "older" gear recently to test out the Timeless and I noticed that this effect is not universally true. I have an M300 DAC, which is very revealing and I really like the smooth sound of it, along with a few other amps (SP200, Liquid Spark, Vali 2+, M6 Pro, etc.) that just don't have the resolution and clarity that my "high-end" desktop setup has, so I don't hear the same benefits of the cables. They're still really good, and better than the stock cable, but overall in my experience it seems you need a mid-to-upper end system to really differentiate between these cables and get the full benefits.

I have not delved into the mid-to-upper end of cables (yet). I'm still testing out cables in the sub-$100 range for now. But I have my eye on some $300-500 cables that might improve things further. Hearing the difference between stock cables and $30 aftermarket cables has shown me that there is still more performance to be teased out of the Timeless, given the right gear upstream.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,340 of 4,275
Same here. I bought a bunch of cables during the 12/6 sale and added the Rhyme on a whim just to round out the order with a mixed cable. I really liked the graphene cable and I was all set to just use it exclusively forever, but then I decided to try the Rhyme just out of curiosity. Once I heard it, though, I knew it added something special to the sound, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. It sounded more "atmospheric" and markedly smoother. As I said, it just takes the resolution and "air" to the next level.

I will qualify my statement that I can hear this on MY system. I have hauled out my "older" gear recently to test out the Timeless and I noticed that this effect is not universally true. I have an M300 DAC, which is very revealing and I really like the smooth sound of it, along with a few other amps (SP200, Liquid Spark, Vali 2+, M6 Pro, etc.) that just don't have the resolution and clarity that my "high-end" desktop setup has, so I don't hear the same benefits of the cables. They're still really good, and better than the stock cable, but overall in my experience it seems you need a mid-to-upper end system to really differentiate between these cables and get the full benefits.

I have not delved into the mid-to-upper end of cables (yet). I'm still testing out cables in the sub-$100 range for now. But I have my eye on some $300-500 cables that might improve things further. Hearing the difference between stock cables and $30 aftermarket cables has shown me that there is still more performance to be teased out of the Timeless, given the right gear upstream.
What is the high-end desktop set-up of yours you are referring to?

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,341 of 4,275
Dec 25, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,342 of 4,275
Curious ... Is that the Kbear Limpid Pro (pure silver) or just a regular silver plated 8 core? I have the latter but in 2 pin but the braid looks a lot tighter on mine.

It's the Limpid Pro 8 Core Pure Silver.

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #1,343 of 4,275
What is the high-end desktop set-up of yours you are referring to?
I've posted it before, you can see it in my previous posts. But you'll also notice that I put it in quotes, because while I think my system is high quality, it might not quite hold up to true high-end gear. But it's better than the typical $500 DAP for sure.

For my ears and my budget, I'm probably at or near the point of diminishing returns for my DAC and amp without spending several K more. Cables are still making am audible difference to me at the sub-$100 level, so I'm going to keep going down this path for a while and see where it leads.

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #1,344 of 4,275

I bought those cables way back in January I think, I don't think I've used them once!

My sources are exclusively DAPs and a dongle (L&P W2), I don't have any mega-power desktop amps etc! Main source at the moment is my latest addition, the Cayin N6ii-Ti - R2R certainly driving my current IEMs and buds incredibly well, hopefully a nice match with Timeless. Oh and I have the iFi Gryphon on the way which should be interesting too. Maybe I'll delve into desktop at some point in the future but trying to avoid new rabbit holes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,345 of 4,275
Brilliant, thank you - I'll do that right away!
Yeah, I've been dialoguing with him for more than a year. He's the most customer service oriented seller on Ali. I'm just placing an order of an 8 Core (4 silver, 4 OCC) I which I think will play will with the Timeless. Merry Christmas Y'all.

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #1,346 of 4,275
I'm just placing an order of an 8 Core (4 silver, 4 OCC) I which I think will play will with the Timeless. Merry Christmas Y'all.
Is that custom? Let us know how it works out.

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #1,347 of 4,275
Is that custom? Let us know how it works out.
I’m thinking of getting a pw audio no .10, 4 wire for the timeless! That cable does magic for imaging and soundstage while tightening the bass and bringing the mids forward. I think it would be a great pairing. I have adaptors coming so I’ll try my two pin with adaptors and get back to y’all on it. 🤞🏼

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #1,348 of 4,275
Can't wait to hear.

On my wish list is the Penon Leo Plus. A bit more $, but it is rumored to be a very revealing cable.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #1,349 of 4,275
Can't wait to hear.

On my wish list is the Penon Leo Plus. A bit more $, but it is rumored to be a very revealing cable.
Penon from what I hear makes wonderful cables and iem's. I hope to try both some day. :) Thank you for all your time cable rolling and sharing your learning and feedback in the community, it is truly appreciated. Props to you my man and I hope you had a Merry Christmas!! I have been using Rhyme and I am hearing what you have been raving about. Its a great F-ing cable for 20 bones!

Edit: in all honesty this lesser expensive cable rolling has really made me question my high end cable rolling. “Is is realty worth it?” I think you do not need to go to the 3-500$ range to be satisfied or impressed, in fact you may be let down. As Diminishing returns is legit! I say spend that money elsewhere and be happy with the experience you are having. Not worth it and I’ve owned some very very expensive cables that I’ve sold. I believe cables make a difference but to what end!?! The KBear Rhyme def changed the game for me! Thanks man!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back