7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 25, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #1,321 of 4,273
I’m pretty much the same. Second pair has arrived with no issues, everything exactly the same as the first except there are more tips now. Haven’t posted much in this thread for some time as I’ve said my piece on the Timeless and my opinion remains unchanged.

For anyone who’s watching xinhs 8-core graphene prices, this is what I paid for it in August and I’ve seen it at a similar price several times since then so be patient:

FFAF7FED-76E0-43FC-912E-A22B4F9042E1.jpeg

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,322 of 4,273
I’m pretty much the same. Second pair has arrived with no issues, everything exactly the same as the first except there are more tips now. Haven’t posted much in this thread for some time as I’ve said my piece on the Timeless and my opinion remains unchanged.

For anyone who’s watching xinhs 8-core graphene prices, this is what I paid for it in August and I’ve seen it at a similar price several times since then so be patient:

FFAF7FED-76E0-43FC-912E-A22B4F9042E1.jpeg
@Scuba Devils Or if you chat with them via AE, the owner is very responsive. I just kindly asked him for the BF price and he obliged.

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,323 of 4,273
Dec 25, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,324 of 4,273
I noticed that the Timeless has vents, does this leak noise? Say as much as an open back does? I need a closed back/IEM while the wifey is sleeping.

Dec 25, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #1,325 of 4,273
I noticed that the Timeless has vents, does this leak noise? Say as much as an open back does? I need a closed back/IEM while the wifey is sleeping.
I mean u need to listen pretty high volume for your wife to be able to hear it unless you sleep while spooning...

Dec 25, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,326 of 4,273
I've sent an email to Linsoul to cancel my order - price has dropped on Amazon UK and I don't need to roll the customs dice coming from China! I'll have it by Wednesday, they didn't have 4.4mm but I remembered I have this cable which I'll use for now.

20211225_191208.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #1,327 of 4,273
Hey guys, Merry Christmas! :)

I am at around 48 hours of total playing time with my Timeless now, approx. 2 -3 hours of actual listening. Amazon HD + Qudelix 5K (EQ, off) + 4-core 4N OCC copper cable, TRI I3 stock cable. I am currently using this one because I am burning them in using my FiiO M3K as the source of continuous playback, and it is the only 3.5mm I have.

The bass is staring to sound really nice! :)

I am using the tips pointed in the picture, below.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the various tips that come with the Timeless, please?

Thank you! :)

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,328 of 4,273
@Scuba Devils I have the same cable. Be forewarned, it's not the best sounding match for the Timeless, in my opinion. Definitely blunts the lower notes and unnaturally extends the highs. Mids are thinned as well. Even the stock cable is tonally better, despite being a bit veiled with smaller staging. Again, just my opinion.

On another note, the one good thing about finding your "endgame IEM" is that you can use all the money you would otherwise spend upgrading your IEMs on cables and tips instead to fine-tune the sound to your personal liking. Rolling $10-50 cables is much cheaper than spending $1-2k+ a pop on IEMs....

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #1,329 of 4,273
@Scuba Devils I have the same cable. Be forewarned, it's not the best sounding match for the Timeless, in my opinion. Definitely blunts the lower notes and unnaturally extends the highs. Mids are thinned as well. Even the stock cable is tonally better, despite being a bit veiled with smaller staging. Again, just my opinion.

On another note, the one good thing about finding your "endgame IEM" is that you can use all the money you would otherwise spend upgrading your IEMs on cables and tips instead to fine-tune the sound to your personal liking. Rolling $10-50 cables is much cheaper than spending $1-2k+ a pop on IEMs....

I've actually done an u-turn now and cancelled the Amazon order and asked Linsoul to go ahead! I'd like to try the stock cable with 4.4mm.

I also have Kbear Rhyme in MMCX, any idea if that might be a good match?

I'll definitely order the Graphene once I can get a better price!

Screenshot_20211225-202615_AliExpress.jpg

Dec 25, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,330 of 4,273
I've actually done an u-turn now and cancelled the Amazon order and asked Linsoul to go ahead! I'd like to try the stock cable with 4.4mm.

I also have Kbear Rhyme in MMCX, any idea if that might be a good match?

I'll definitely order the Graphene once I can get a better price!

Hell yeah! The Rhyme is the absolute best match in my humble opinion. Give it enough power with a clear neutral amp and high-resolving DAC and you'll be in heaven.

I have the 4-core version of that graphene cable and it's very good... but not quite up to Rhyme standards. The graphene is a dynamic cable, adds weight to the lower registers and sharpens the treble. But the Rhyme goes one step further and tightens the bass and adds resolution to the highs to give it an ethereal sound. The separation and layering is at the next level. Extremely 3-dimensional unlike any other cable I've heard paired with the Timeless. If you can't compare them back-to-back, then you might not notice the difference. But once you hear it, you can't un-hear it. It's like a drug.

Despite all this, I still have a few more cables coming. The 8-core graphene is on the way and I'm looking at some other copper/silver mixes, plus some gold thrown in for comparisons. Gonna be expensive, but fun, to compare all of these.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #1,331 of 4,273
Hell yeah! The Rhyme is the absolute best match in my humble opinion. Give it enough power with a clear neutral amp and high-resolving DAC and you'll be in heaven.

I have the 4-core version of that graphene cable and it's very good... but not quite up to Rhyme standards. The graphene is a dynamic cable, adds weight to the lower registers and sharpens the treble. But the Rhyme goes one step further and tightens the bass and adds resolution to the highs to give it an ethereal sound. The separation and layering is at the next level. Extremely 3-dimensional unlike any other cable I've heard paired with the Timeless. If you can't compare them back-to-back, then you might not notice the difference. But once you hear it, you can't un-hear it. It's like a drug.

Despite all this, I still have a few more cables coming. The 8-core graphene is on the way and I'm looking at some other copper/silver mixes, plus some gold thrown in for comparisons. Gonna be expensive, but fun, to compare all of these.

Excellent, I was almost dismissing that Rhyme cable on the basis of the price. I've dug it out now and ready for Timeless! I ordered it early this year but never used, figured it might come in handy at some point!

20211225_203638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #1,332 of 4,273
Excellent, I was almost dismissing that Rhyme cable on the basis of the price. I've dug it out now and ready for Timeless! I ordered it early this year but never used, figured it might come in handy at some point!

20211225_203638.jpg
How long is that cable?

Dec 25, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,334 of 4,273
Hey guys, Merry Christmas! :)

I am at around 48 hours of total playing time with my Timeless now, approx. 2 -3 hours of actual listening. Amazon HD + Qudelix 5K (EQ, off) + 4-core 4N OCC copper cable, TRI I3 stock cable. I am currently using this one because I am burning them in using my FiiO M3K as the source of continuous playback, and it is the only 3.5mm I have.

The bass is staring to sound really nice! :)

I am using the tips pointed in the picture, below.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the various tips that come with the Timeless, please?

Thank you! :)
The tips with the arrow in your photo are Kbear 07's. The ones with the smaller bore and bluish silicone are Kbear 08's. Both are clones of Acoustune tips. I don't know what the clear silicone are. Anyway, those are the same tip selection that I received. The 07's should have a little less bass with open mids and treble compared to the 08's with the smaller bore which should have a bit stronger bass. The 08's can tend to be a bit brighter despite the stronger bass. I think they may provide a bit more V-shape but it depends on your ears and the iem. I like the Kbear tips, I use them on a couple other iems. With Timeless I do get a bit better seal with Spinfit CP100's which may have a hair less bass. I think I very slightly prefer the Kbear 07 with Timeless but I'm using the Spinfits as of now because of the seal and comfort.

Dec 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,335 of 4,273
I've sent an email to Linsoul to cancel my order - price has dropped on Amazon UK and I don't need to roll the customs dice coming from China! I'll have it by Wednesday, they didn't have 4.4mm but I remembered I have this cable which I'll use for now.

20211225_191208.jpg
Curious ... Is that the Kbear Limpid Pro (pure silver) or just a regular silver plated 8 core? I have the latter but in 2 pin but the braid looks a lot tighter on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back