7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 18, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #1,171 of 4,269
Thanks for sharing. Would be interesting to see if your order of preference between the 3 cables changes in a month's time as you learn more about their qualities.
At this point, it's unlikely. I've been listening to them periodically all day and the Rhyme is clearly the best match for the Timeless (at least in my system). The last remaining cable is an 8-core OPOCC copper that's similar to the 16-core that I already tested. I'll get to it eventually but I don't have high expectations. I have the Rhyme and the 4-core graphene cables connected to my two Timeless at the moment for A/B comparisons. The Rhyme is clearly better with regard to imaging and staging. As much as I like the dynamics of the graphene cable, I don't see where they offer any improvement over the Rhyme. The Rhyme has better bass control and balance, along with more extended decay support in the upper registers. I will be using this cable exclusively for a while as I go through my library in its entirety.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #1,172 of 4,269
Ok, finished up with the 16-core pure copper cable for now. (previous post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/7hz-impressions-discussion.932274/post-16716101 )
Very good overall sound: mild, balanced, but tilted a bit towards the lower registers. After doing some A/B comparisons, it seems that some "air" has been taken out of the music. I don't necessarily miss it while listening, and the music does sound sweet with good depth and super tight, strong bass, but once I compare directly to other cables, I notice it. It's like I'm listening to a slight variation on the original music.

Second cable from my recent order is an 8-core KBEAR Rhyme copper/silver mix. All of the details, air, and atmosphere that I was missing from the pure copper cable is reproduced faithfully with the Rhyme. Frankly, I had very low expectations for this cable when I bought it. I just figured it would be an interesting comparison. But it surprised me. At first, it sounded almost too "sharp" and seemed like the details were too forward. But the more I listened, the more I realized that I needed to focus more on the music compared to some other cables. Once I focused, everything just came together. With this cable, the Timeless produce a very wide and deep soundstage with a tremendous amount of separation. In a word, the music "shimmers". Very lifelike sound with good control on the bass. Not quite up to the 16-core copper standard, but definitely solid, and noticeably better control than the 4-core graphene cable.

It's hard to "rank" these cables, because they are so different. And depending on my mood, maybe I don't feel like focusing too hard on the music. In that case, it would be easier to use the 16-core copper because it's sweeter and easier to listen to without worrying about details. But if I want to get lost in the music and hear it come alive, then the Rhyme would be my first choice. It's remarkable just how comprehensively it represents the music, without leaving out anything.

My previous favorite graphene cable has tremendous slam and detail, and it's really fun, but doesn't control the bass as well as either the 16-core or the Rhyme. And while the staging is similar to the Rhyme, the details don't "shimmer" the same way. It's more of a solid, all-around cable with great dynamics. But it's not as lifelike as the Rhyme. And the stock cable just doesn't play in the same league as any of these aftermarket options, so it will stay in the box for a while.
Ordered the rhyme cable from Amazon! Will be here Tuesday. Let’s see if I hear what you do! I am a cable believer. I actually ordered the very last mmcx in 4.4!! Great price also! My XINHS 8 core Graphene will be here after Xmas!!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,173 of 4,269
Ordered the rhyme cable from Amazon! Will be here Tuesday. Let’s see if I hear what you do! I am a cable believer. I actually ordered the very last mmcx in 4.4!! Great price also! My XINHS 8 core Graphene will be here after Xmas!!
Thanks for the confidence, hope it works out for your ears! I got mine at the black Friday sale, so I think I paid like $10-15 or something like that. Best money I've ever spent on audio, aside from the Timeless of course.

I also have a XINHS 8-core graphene coming that I bought on the 12/6 sale. Hopefully it will arrive during the holiday break so I can spend some time with it. I'm hoping it will be a "better" version of the 4-core. But we'll see.

Really, really impressed by the Rhyme at the moment. The clarity and holographic imaging is just on a level that I haven't heard before. Even my Arya doesn't sound this impressive. Frankly I don't recall being this impressed right off the bat, so there must either be some sort of brain burn happening, or the cable itself has burned in over the last 6+ hours. But I'm listening to it as I type and it's just astounding. As I said, I'm going to listen to this setup exclusively for a while.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,174 of 4,269
At this point, it's unlikely. I've been listening to them periodically all day and the Rhyme is clearly the best match for the Timeless (at least in my system). The last remaining cable is an 8-core OPOCC copper that's similar to the 16-core that I already tested. I'll get to it eventually but I don't have high expectations. I have the Rhyme and the 4-core graphene cables connected to my two Timeless at the moment for A/B comparisons. The Rhyme is clearly better with regard to imaging and staging. As much as I like the dynamics of the graphene cable, I don't see where they offer any improvement over the Rhyme. The Rhyme has better bass control and balance, along with more extended decay support in the upper registers. I will be using this cable exclusively for a while as I go through my library in its entirety.
Kbear Rhyme was an old favorite around here until Xinhs cables were 'discovered'. I have a Rhyme but it's in 2 pin. Wonder if I should get a 2 pin to mmcx adapter to try out my collection of 2 pin cables. Anyone have anything against the use of such adapters please chime in?

Dec 18, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1,175 of 4,269
Kbear Rhyme was an old favorite around here until Xinhs cables were 'discovered'. I have a Rhyme but it's in 2 pin. Wonder if I should get a 2 pin to mmcx adapter to try out my collection of 2 pin cables. Anyone have anything against the use of such adapters please chime in?
Might just be better off buying the MMCX cable right off the bat. I can't imagine you'd be saving much $$ by buying adapters.

I don't know if there are any grey-market stuff or imitation cables, but I got mine directly from the KBEAR store on Aliexpress. Not sure how Amazon handles their stuff from China. Wish you luck.

Dec 19, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #1,176 of 4,269
the adapters and good for testing the combination to see if it works but the fit over-the-year is not as comfortable. might be worth investing in the adapters if you have many cables in different formats that you would like to test out.

Dec 19, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #1,178 of 4,269
Has anyone tried SpinFit CP360 tips? Would it be a good fit?
I asked this yesterday, a couple pages back. I can't get a consistent seal with the large but when I do get a good seal, they sound promising. I have an XL coming today. If that works, I'll report back. I get such a shallow fit with the Timeless that I have to go up a size (or more) in tips (I usually use a medium). The 360 may just be too short to work for me when it's all said and done. I guess I'll know after I try the XL. I use a medium 360 with my DUNU Zen.

Edit ... just realized that you may be asking whether the 360 will fit on the Timeless. The answer is yes. Very well actually.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #1,179 of 4,269
Dec 19, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #1,180 of 4,269
Has anyone tried SpinFit CP360 tips? Would it be a good fit?
This is the CP360 in XL (L) and L (R). CP360 are great for me on most TWS, CP100/100+ are better for me on the Timeless. Harder to get a good seal with CP360. When the seal is got, sound is OK, bass is maybe attenuated a little compared to CP100+. I prefer CP100+. The main difference is the length, CP360 are shorter. For me, fit is quite a bit better with CP100/+.

CP100 L: 9.9mm long, 13.3mm wide
CP360 L: 8.5mm long, 13mm wide

DSC06676.JPG

Dec 19, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,182 of 4,269
This is the CP360 in XL (L) and L (R). CP360 are great for me on most TWS, CP100/100+ are better for me on the Timeless. Harder to get a good seal with CP360. When the seal is got, sound is OK, bass is maybe attenuated a little compared to CP100+. I prefer CP100+. The main difference is the length, CP360 are shorter. For me, fit is quite a bit better with CP100/+.

DSC06676.JPG.
CP360 fit the Timeless like they were made for them. Like you, I don't get a consistent seal with the 360 on Timeless. Insertion is too shallow. Gonna try the XL and then move on if it doesn't work out. Also agree, low end is attenuated compared to CP100 but that may not be a bad thing, depending on the user. I get a better fit/comfort with CP100 compared to Kbear/Acoustune 07, bass is similiar but 07 is a bit more open in the upper mids and treble. CP145 gives more bass for me than CP100 or Acoustune/Kbear 07. I've tried some other tips as well. I have a generic that, on initial listen, struck me as near identical to Acoustune/Kbear in terms of sonics but may give better fit and comfort. I need to explore it some more.

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #1,183 of 4,269
Where can I order CP100+ tips?
For global shipping, I see them on AliExpress and Amazon(.com). I got them locally here in SE Asia. If it's easier for you to get CP100, they are very similar, the plus variant is just I think slightly stickier in terms of retention, it is a different silicone I think. I don't think there's any sonic difference from the original CP100. I used CP100 before, on the Timeless too, I think it sounds the same as the CP100+.

So if easier for you I'd just get CP100 in M. Plus variant worth a $ or 2 more for the slightly stickier retention, it's not worth spending double to get it IMO. Getting the right size will make a much larger difference.

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,184 of 4,269

DSC06676.JPG.
It seems like 10 mm is the minimal length for tips to reach ear canals properly with the Timeless. Anything shorter basically fails to isolate sound for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back