7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 16, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #1,141 of 4,273
Woo hoo. More cables arrived today. A couple of pure copper and a copper silver mix. Have some others coming in a few weeks.

First up is the KBEAR 16-core pure copper cable. Beautiful construction, super flexible and comfortable. Can't even feel it behind my ears and it's much lighter than I expected. I must say that I love my graphene cable, but this one is a gem as well. Less body than the graphene, especially in the lower mids, but man the sound of this 16-core cable is soooo sweet. Bass is shockingly tight and clear. I really feel that those of you who dislike the heft of the Timeless bass will really love this cable. While the pure silver cables that I tried tended to "mute" the bass, this copper cable tightens it up and controls it, but maintains most of its strength. Really, really super sound. Less bass heft than the graphene, and less "darkness" in the sound as well. I think this is partly due to the extended treble decay, resulting in a brighter and more balanced sound profile for the copper cable.

Highs are crisp and clear. Again, compared to my favorite graphene cable, the 16-core has a "cleaner" sound with more more decay in the treble. Vocals are more easily understood, but are not any more forward.

I'm going to do more A/B against my graphene over the next few days and I'll share my thoughts, but I have to admit I'm impressed so far. In a word, this cable is "sweet". I have a feeling a LOT of people would love this one.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,142 of 4,273
Wanted to get a couple more impressions down of the 16-core copper cable. A few more words for it: controlled, balanced, and uniform. No hot spots across the frequency range. Nothing stands out as sharp or emphasized. Just everything under complete control and balanced. The drawback to this is that some tracks sound less dynamic compared to the graphene cable, for example. As I said in my previous post: sweet.

Another benefit of this balance is that the soundstage is much more 3-D and the layering is more clear. Since no frequencies dominate, more detail can be brought out, even if those details are quiet compared to the surrounding sounds, which puts those quiet details deeper into the background or out to the edges of the stage. The sense of space is noticeably increased.

Bass texture is probably the best I've heard it so far on the Timeless. Nothing sacrificed on the depth - the lowest frequencies are still represented, except texture has been added due to the increased control and I cannot detect any bleeding into the lower mids. I don't have any single DD IEMs at the moment, but none of my tribrids can produce bass with this level of texture. Really super to listen to.

Going to make my way through some more of my library with this cable. Not going to do more A/B comparisons until I get the sound of this cable more embedded into my memory. But I will repeat my earlier statement: I can see this cable suiting a LOT of people who think the Timeless plays a little too "fast and loose" for their tastes.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,143 of 4,273
I have been spending the last 2 days with only the Timeless and playing from either Hiby R5 and Tri TK2. I perceive the former as warmer source than the latter.

Here are my more impressions:
- I think my brain got more used to the sound of Timeless, everything sounds better. It's clean and detail yet no fatigue nor sharpness, ymmv.
- I feel it got wider soundstage than the first 3 days upon receiving it.
- It plays very well (impressive actually) with the fast track like Metal. Despite the dominant of some instruments, the imaging of the instrument is still very good. I believe this contributes by its good space as well. The double kick sounds so good by the way.
- As I am using only 2 sources and prefer balanced cable, my hunch is this Timeless likes neutral or less coloration source more.

Cheers

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #1,145 of 4,273
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #1,146 of 4,273
Woo hoo. More cables arrived today. A couple of pure copper and a copper silver mix. Have some others coming in a few weeks.

First up is the KBEAR 16-core pure copper cable. Beautiful construction, super flexible and comfortable. Can't even feel it behind my ears and it's much lighter than I expected. I must say that I love my graphene cable, but this one is a gem as well. Less body than the graphene, especially in the lower mids, but man the sound of this 16-core cable is soooo sweet. Bass is shockingly tight and clear. I really feel that those of you who dislike the heft of the Timeless bass will really love this cable. While the pure silver cables that I tried tended to "mute" the bass, this copper cable tightens it up and controls it, but maintains most of its strength. Really, really super sound. Less bass heft than the graphene, and less "darkness" in the sound as well. I think this is partly due to the extended treble decay, resulting in a brighter and more balanced sound profile for the copper cable.

Highs are crisp and clear. Again, compared to my favorite graphene cable, the 16-core has a "cleaner" sound with more more decay in the treble. Vocals are more easily understood, but are not any more forward.

I'm going to do more A/B against my graphene over the next few days and I'll share my thoughts, but I have to admit I'm impressed so far. In a word, this cable is "sweet". I have a feeling a LOT of people would love this one.
Thank you very much for your impressions but would you be so kind to add a link to the cable(s) you are referring to? :)
Is this the KBEAR cable you are referring to?

EDIT: Anyway, I've placed my order for the 2.5mm, MMCX. I hope it will play well with my TRI I3 and with my Timeless, when they will hopefully arrive (between Jan 3 - Jan 10, 2022). I'm currently using this one with my I3 but it is stiff.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,147 of 4,273
So, I haven't actually listened to it on other headphones/iems I own but Timeless is really solid for game osts it turns out.

Borderlands 1 and 2
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Modern Warfare 2

I'm currently going through these and it's mighty impressive.

I use EQ tho.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #1,148 of 4,273
So, I haven't actually listened to it on other headphones/iems I own but Timeless is really solid for game osts it turns out.

Borderlands 1 and 2
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Modern Warfare 2

I'm currently going through these and it's mighty impressive.

I use EQ tho.
I was thinking they could serve as a great gaming headset as well: they sound very open, clinically accurate and super comfy for long sessions, which is perfect for gaming.

Also in terms of ost Tenet sounds spectacular with these.

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #1,150 of 4,273
Thank you very much for your impressions but would you be so kind to add a link to the cable(s) you are referring to? :)
Is this the KBEAR cable you are referring to?

I bought mine through Aliexpress, but that one certainly looks the same. I'm really liking this cable. My only criticism is that it might be a tad "boring" just because it does everything so well. Best balance across the frequency spectrum out of any cable I've tried so far.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,151 of 4,273
I was thinking they could serve as a great gaming headset as well: they sound very open, clinically accurate and super comfy for long sessions, which is perfect for gaming.

Also in terms of ost Tenet sounds spectacular with these.
Try Dune ost.

Dec 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,153 of 4,273
Dec 17, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,155 of 4,273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back