7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 17, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,156 of 4,270
Timeless...drive them with a Hybrid tube source/NuTube and get it šŸ‘
You guys get it. Itā€™s completely another level above. Timbre to die for, everything magnified a bit more, the sum is greater than its parts

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #1,157 of 4,270
I was a bit late on timeless, it just arrived today, and wow!! This thing sounds great!
The diffusion field / Imaging /Natural timbre are what comes to the top of the tier for an IEM.

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #1,158 of 4,270
For anyone considering going wireless, I can't recommend enough Fiio UTWS5 (now available with amazon prime). I have tried trn bt30 and kz az09 pro with the Timeless, but it is either not enough power (bt30) nor only having 2 pins connector (az09 pro).
The thing is, I have used az09 pro + adapter + Timeless and it can drive the Timeless pretty well, but because of the added length from the adapter, it kinda make the module pinch my earlobes and after awhile my earlobes hurt.
Now with utws5, plenty of power and can get super loud and also the bass doesn't degrade like when using bt30. It also sit on the ear pretty snuggly unlike bt30 which okay if you are just sitting on your desk or walking, but doing exercise, it will move around.
The connection has been solid so far and connect to my bluetooth usb dongle pretty fast. Overall I am very happy with it even with the long delivery time.
20211217_193048.jpg20211217_190539.jpg

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,159 of 4,270
Dec 18, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #1,160 of 4,270
I made this Playlist with EQ'd timeless because it handles it with ease. EQ'd to the same target and def (while also getting perceived peaks under control) and Timeless is def clearer than Starfield. Easy listen.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,161 of 4,270
For anyone considering going wireless, I can't recommend enough Fiio UTWS5 (now available with amazon prime). I have tried trn bt30 and kz az09 pro with the Timeless, but it is either not enough power (bt30) nor only having 2 pins connector (az09 pro).
The thing is, I have used az09 pro + adapter + Timeless and it can drive the Timeless pretty well, but because of the added length from the adapter, it kinda make the module pinch my earlobes and after awhile my earlobes hurt.
Now with utws5, plenty of power and can get super loud and also the bass doesn't degrade like when using bt30. It also sit on the ear pretty snuggly unlike bt30 which okay if you are just sitting on your desk or walking, but doing exercise, it will move around.
The connection has been solid so far and connect to my bluetooth usb dongle pretty fast. Overall I am very happy with it even with the long delivery time.
20211217_193048.jpg20211217_190539.jpg
Thanks a lot for these impressions, much appreciated as Timeless + UTWS5 was my initial goal!

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #1,162 of 4,270
I bought mine through Aliexpress, but that one certainly looks the same. I'm really liking this cable. My only criticism is that it might be a tad "boring" just because it does everything so well. Best balance across the frequency spectrum out of any cable I've tried so far.
You were right! :) šŸ‘

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,163 of 4,270
Anyone using Spinfit CP360 with Timeless?

I usually end up with medium size tips on most iems but it depends. With Timeless I'm definitely needing to go up a size. I have large and medium CP360's on hand. Mediums are a no go. With large I can't get/keep a consistent seal but it sounds promising when I do. I have some XL's on order to try. I use a medium CP360 on the Dunu Zen.

Dec 18, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #1,164 of 4,270
Ok, finished up with the 16-core pure copper cable for now. (previous post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/7hz-impressions-discussion.932274/post-16716101 )
Very good overall sound: mild, balanced, but tilted a bit towards the lower registers. After doing some A/B comparisons, it seems that some "air" has been taken out of the music. I don't necessarily miss it while listening, and the music does sound sweet with good depth and super tight, strong bass, but once I compare directly to other cables, I notice it. It's like I'm listening to a slight variation on the original music.

Second cable from my recent order is an 8-core KBEAR Rhyme copper/silver mix. All of the details, air, and atmosphere that I was missing from the pure copper cable is reproduced faithfully with the Rhyme. Frankly, I had very low expectations for this cable when I bought it. I just figured it would be an interesting comparison. But it surprised me. At first, it sounded almost too "sharp" and seemed like the details were too forward. But the more I listened, the more I realized that I needed to focus more on the music compared to some other cables. Once I focused, everything just came together. With this cable, the Timeless produce a very wide and deep soundstage with a tremendous amount of separation. In a word, the music "shimmers". Very lifelike sound with good control on the bass. Not quite up to the 16-core copper standard, but definitely solid, and noticeably better control than the 4-core graphene cable.

It's hard to "rank" these cables, because they are so different. And depending on my mood, maybe I don't feel like focusing too hard on the music. In that case, it would be easier to use the 16-core copper because it's sweeter and easier to listen to without worrying about details. But if I want to get lost in the music and hear it come alive, then the Rhyme would be my first choice. It's remarkable just how comprehensively it represents the music, without leaving out anything.

My previous favorite graphene cable has tremendous slam and detail, and it's really fun, but doesn't control the bass as well as either the 16-core or the Rhyme. And while the staging is similar to the Rhyme, the details don't "shimmer" the same way. It's more of a solid, all-around cable with great dynamics. But it's not as lifelike as the Rhyme. And the stock cable just doesn't play in the same league as any of these aftermarket options, so it will stay in the box for a while.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #1,165 of 4,270
Replaced the stock cable with the Fiio LC-RC. Honestly, I didn't notice a sonic difference but thats not why I bought it. I bought it for the swappable plugs.
8 core, silver plated single crystal (monocrystalline) copper, type2 litz, so it's a nice enough cable in and of itself and with the Fiio modular plug system ... well worth the $69 to me.

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #1,166 of 4,270
Ok, I've been listening critically for about 6 straight hours now. I've gone through my tried-and-true test tracks with my top-tier IEMs and compared them to my Timeless with aftermarket cables. And I'm just going to come right out and say it, because it needs to be said: the Timeless have now replaced every other IEM I own. Tomorrow I list all of my other IEMs for sale. If anyone is interested in a MEST, Anole VX, or similar, keep your eyes peeled.

Someday, soon perhaps, the rest of the world will come to the same conclusion that I have. All other IEMs are now obsolete. Planar technology will take over.

It is also likely that I will buy my third Timeless tomorrow as well. It will feel good to give 7Hz some more $$ for their future.

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #1,167 of 4,270
Ok, I've been listening critically for about 6 straight hours now. I've gone through my tried-and-true test tracks with my top-tier IEMs and compared them to my Timeless with aftermarket cables. And I'm just going to come right out and say it, because it needs to be said: the Timeless have now replaced every other IEM I own. Tomorrow I list all of my other IEMs for sale. If anyone is interested in a MEST, Anole VX, or similar, keep your eyes peeled.

Someday, soon perhaps, the rest of the world will come to the same conclusion that I have. All other IEMs are now obsolete. Planar technology will take over.

It is also likely that I will buy my third Timeless tomorrow as well. It will feel good to give 7Hz some more $$ for their future.
workaholics-dang.gif

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #1,168 of 4,270

Wow man! That is some serious commitment! I would buy another timeless in a heartbeat if they up there QC, materials, wiring and connectors. Does not match totl in those regards but DEFINITELY in the sound it produces. Iā€™m excited to see the planar iem world expand. I really hope 7hz upgrades the timeless with bette components. I would stand in line for it!

Dec 18, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #1,169 of 4,270
Wow man! That is some serious commitment! I would buy another timeless in a heartbeat if they up there QC, materials, wiring and connectors. Does not match totl in those regards but DEFINITELY in the sound it produces. Iā€™m excited to see the planar iem world expand. I really hope 7hz upgrades the timeless with bette components. I would stand in line for it!
I know some people are thinking to themselves: Man, this dude just HAS to be drunk or something. Nope. Maybe just a bit tired from focusing so much on music for the past 6 hours, but it was worth it. Every time I switched back to a different IEM, there was always something obvious that was missing after listening to the Timeless. But I think the final nail in the coffin for the rest of my IEM collection was the holographic imaging. Not one single IEM could reproduce the atmosphere that I get from the Timeless. And it's not close, either. I just finally admitted to myself that while the other IEMs can reproduce the music really well, and in some cases tremendously well, the extra imaging and atmosphere that I'm getting from the Timeless just put them over the top. The other IEMs seemed like they were just FAKING the music, while the Timeless make it seem like I'm actually LIVING the music.

After cycling through my IEMs today, I've realized that I can't see myself ever reaching for something OTHER than my Timeless again. There's just no point to it.

Fortunately I haven't had any issues with QC. And for those that have had issues, I hope they were resolved. I assume that the QC will improve over time if people keep supporting 7Hz in their development endeavors. And I can only hope they're going to take this recent popularity of the Timeless to heart and put more effort into not only QC for this IEM but also R&D for future IEMs using the same or similar technology. All I know is that I'm going to do my share and support them by buying another one tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #1,170 of 4,270
Ok, finished up with the 16-core pure copper cable for now. (previous post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/7hz-impressions-discussion.932274/post-16716101 )
Very good overall sound: mild, balanced, but tilted a bit towards the lower registers. After doing some A/B comparisons, it seems that some "air" has been taken out of the music. I don't necessarily miss it while listening, and the music does sound sweet with good depth and super tight, strong bass, but once I compare directly to other cables, I notice it. It's like I'm listening to a slight variation on the original music.

Second cable from my recent order is an 8-core KBEAR Rhyme copper/silver mix. All of the details, air, and atmosphere that I was missing from the pure copper cable is reproduced faithfully with the Rhyme. Frankly, I had very low expectations for this cable when I bought it. I just figured it would be an interesting comparison. But it surprised me. At first, it sounded almost too "sharp" and seemed like the details were too forward. But the more I listened, the more I realized that I needed to focus more on the music compared to some other cables. Once I focused, everything just came together. With this cable, the Timeless produce a very wide and deep soundstage with a tremendous amount of separation. In a word, the music "shimmers". Very lifelike sound with good control on the bass. Not quite up to the 16-core copper standard, but definitely solid, and noticeably better control than the 4-core graphene cable.

It's hard to "rank" these cables, because they are so different. And depending on my mood, maybe I don't feel like focusing too hard on the music. In that case, it would be easier to use the 16-core copper because it's sweeter and easier to listen to without worrying about details. But if I want to get lost in the music and hear it come alive, then the Rhyme would be my first choice. It's remarkable just how comprehensively it represents the music, without leaving out anything.

My previous favorite graphene cable has tremendous slam and detail, and it's really fun, but doesn't control the bass as well as either the 16-core or the Rhyme. And while the staging is similar to the Rhyme, the details don't "shimmer" the same way. It's more of a solid, all-around cable with great dynamics. But it's not as lifelike as the Rhyme. And the stock cable just doesn't play in the same league as any of these aftermarket options, so it will stay in the box for a while.
Thanks for sharing. Would be interesting to see if your order of preference between the 3 cables changes in a month's time as you learn more about their qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back