7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 3, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #961 of 4,271
Not to :poop: on your post, but I have tried that cute little thing and at least on the Focal Clears and LCD-XC I tried it on, that was a no. I am not sure about the output impedance or current output of that thing, but bass sounded super loose on that little guy. I really wanted to like it too.
Did you roll the opamps? No? You have to roll the opamps!

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #962 of 4,271
Did you roll the opamps? No? You have to roll the opamps!
No I didn't. I did not get a good enough first impression to 'want'. Sorry, next time I will try harder. :)

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #963 of 4,271
Dec 4, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #964 of 4,271
My Timeless from Drop were waiting for me at my brother's house when I got here for Thanksgiving (I ordered 2 pair, one from AliExpress on 11.11, and these earlier this month, with an eye towards gifting my brother a pair for Christmi-Kwaanza-Festiv-Kah next month). This pair from Drop arrived with a spare pair of nozzle grills in a Ziploc baggie tucked in the accessories box, but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise.

No QC issues yet that I can see, gave the mmcx connectors a spin whilst playing to try and get them to snap, crackle or pop, and couldn't. Build quality on my pair seem great.

I haven't had a lot of time with them yet, but a simple A/B test tells me that they crushed my TRN v80 (hardly a fair fight, given the price point) and my UE 900s that I brought with me to my brother's place, all sourced through my Qudelix 5k with appropriate AutoEQ curves applied for each.

The Timeless have so much more detail, available at lower volumes than the other 2 pair I compared, and everything so much smoother/richer. (I'm not a critical listener yet, so please bear with me).

Will post when my pair from 11.11 come in.

So, I picked up my 2nd pair of Timeless from AliExpress at the DHL office yesterday, and the only differences between these and the ones I received from Drop were:
  1. No extra nozzle grills included in the box
  2. Different ear tips attached as the default
  3. The left IEM doesn't work :slight_frown:
The sound cuts in and out with the slightest nudge of the cable, and after giving the cable a couple 360-degree turns in its socket to see if it was just poorly seated, then un-socketing the cable and reattaching it, and finally trying a 2.5mm balanced cable I purchased to try driving the Timeless with more power from my Qudelix 5k, the problem only got worse. After that 5 minutes of testing, the default state for the left side is silence, interrupted by milliseconds of audio when nudging the cable into completing the circuit.

The good news is that I got to try the 2.5mm cable on this pair and from a cursory listen, the other Head-Fiers in this thread who report that the Timeless responds well to amplification seem to be true. What I heard in the right channel sounded a bit more detailed, with better attack (I was listening to Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" during my testing, for reference), so I'm looking forward to swapping the 3.5 cable on my good pair.

Now I get to try and get this bummer pair returned/replaced by folks who don't make enough margin on these to make customer service a priority, during the busiest shopping time of the year in the Western Hemisphere. Oh, joy.

Anyone have any tips for me to get these happy?

Dec 4, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #965 of 4,271
So, I picked up my 2nd pair of Timeless from AliExpress at the DHL office yesterday, and the only differences between these and the ones I received from Drop were:
The sound cuts in and out with the slightest nudge of the cable, and after giving the cable a couple 360-degree turns in its socket to see if it was just poorly seated, then un-socketing the cable and reattaching it, and finally trying a 2.5mm balanced cable I purchased to try driving the Timeless with more power from my Qudelix 5k, the problem only got worse. After that 5 minutes of testing, the default state for the left side is silence, interrupted by milliseconds of audio when nudging the cable into completing the circuit.

The good news is that I got to try the 2.5mm cable on this pair and from a cursory listen, the other Head-Fiers in this thread who report that the Timeless responds well to amplification seem to be true. What I heard in the right channel sounded a bit more detailed, with better attack (I was listening to Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" during my testing, for reference), so I'm looking forward to swapping the 3.5 cable on my good pair.

Now I get to try and get this bummer pair returned/replaced by folks who don't make enough margin on these to make customer service a priority, during the busiest shopping time of the year in the Western Hemisphere. Oh, joy.

If the problem is with the MMXC connector, I'd just return them pronto. Sorry to hear this happened to you!

Dec 4, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #966 of 4,271

If it's an option where you are I'd return those for a refund and buy the next pair from Amazon so you don't have to worry about difficult returns, restocking fees etc.

Dec 5, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #967 of 4,271
4.4mm XINHS 12 core pure silver v's XINHS 4.4mm 4 core 6N pure copper

OK after a few days playing around with both the above cables and sources this's my preferred chain for Timeless...DX312 LO > xDuoo MT-604 with Siemens 5654w tubes (og ones were wack) 12 core pure silver cable and Sony EP EX-10 tips...moves Timeless to another level, better soundstage, better separation and the tubes really help the bass impact while using the silver cable.

Attachments

• MT-604.jpg
    MT-604.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #968 of 4,271
OK after a few days playing around with both the above cables and sources this's my preferred chain for Timeless...DX312 LO > xDuoo MT-604 with Siemens 5654w tubes (og ones were wack) 12 core pure silver cable and Sony EP EX-10 tips...moves Timeless to another level, better soundstage, better separation and the tubes really help the bass impact while using the silver cable.
Good to hear that the Timeless pairs well with the Xduoo MT604. I have been waiting for both the Timeless and the MT604 to get to me for a while. I am now looking forward to them even more.

Where did you get your Siemens 5654w tubes?

Dec 6, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #970 of 4,271
A new week starts, and I hope you received some awesome presents from Saint Nicholas! Christmas is coming soon as well, so I prepared a review that should prep you up for it, on one of the most raved about IEMS in the entire world, the 7Hz Timeless from Linsoul Audio!!

I really like the sub-bass, strong treble, and good soundstage! The detail is incredibly good too, and if you're looking for comfort, they are comfortable, despite the awkward coin-like outer design. I invite you to read more about comparisons, pairings, and other personal observations about the Timeless Planar Magnetic IEM!!

I also updated the Hall Of Fame page of Audiophile-Heaven, as well as every sub category page, so all new products will be included in the top list, and navigation should be even better on my webby :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/12/7hz-timeless-planar-iems-linsouls-ace-card.html

7Hz-Timeless-Planar-Magnetic-IEMs-Earphones-IEM-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Linsoul-07.jpg

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #971 of 4,271
I just posted my review of the 7Hertz Timeless:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/7hertz-timeless.25394/reviews#review-27447

While Timeless may be a good attempt at Planar IEMs, they don't excite me as an IEMs (disregarding number of drivers or type of drivers) due to some basic flaws that doesn't give me the enjoyment I seek for with them. I wish that there is a second iteration of these that can fix the flaws that could have otherwise made them a great offering.

Hope you find the review helpful!

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #972 of 4,271

While Timeless may be a good attempt at Planar IEMs, they don't excite me as an IEMs (disregarding number of drivers or type of drivers) due to some basic flaws that doesn't give me the enjoyment I seek for with them. I wish that there is a second iteration of these that can fix the flaws that could have otherwise made them a great offering.

Good review as well!

They are an IEM that's been polarizing, seems some really love it, some find it for what they are, a nice midranger IEM

Some folks asked me to do comparisons with iSine20 and Euclid, I don't think that's where Timeless is at, but it is enjoyable. Also, they do have some certain parts of the sound that can be fatiguing, I hope I touched enough on this, seems I don't mind the high bass amounts, but I found the upper midrnage / lower treble a bit hot

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #973 of 4,271

Good to see some more variety among all those 5 stars that it — imho — doesn't deserve.

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #974 of 4,271
It's difficult to find tips that fit me with the Timeless. I got a pack of biflange and triflange made by Okuli on Amazon and the biflange are just too short to fit my ear canals. The triflange work fine in terms of frequency response with strong bass and smooth top end, and they also improve isolation a lot, but they make the Timeless somewhat ordinary and constrained.

So I checked all the old tips I have at home and found some very big Sony tips (I believe) that have a some kind of rubber material and that used to work well with my Stax SR-003. Since these are so big I had to cut some red tubes and stick them inside to attach them properly to the Timeless. That worked really well! They fit more like earphones than proper IEMs, which tends to make them sound more airy and spectacular IMO. Compared to my favorites stock tips (the large blue ones), the bass is now flatter (but still super deep) and the treble more laid-back and balanced with the midrange. I have no major issue regarding frequency response. Transparency may also have improved by a hair. Overall I think they are superior to the Stax, just more accurate. I just can't believe how good they sound even off the Meizu hifi dongle.

R0001375.jpg

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #975 of 4,271
It's difficult to find tips that fit me with the Timeless. I got a pack of biflange and triflange made by Okuli on Amazon and the biflange are just too short to fit my ear canals. The triflange work fine in terms of frequency response with strong bass and smooth top end, and they also improve isolation a lot, but they make the Timeless somewhat ordinary and constrained.

So I checked all the old tips I have at home and found some very big Sony tips (I believe) that have a some kind of rubber material and that used to work well with my Stax SR-003. Since these are so big I had to cut some red tubes and stick them inside to attach them properly to the Timeless. That worked really well! They fit more like earphones than proper IEMs, which tends to make them sound more airy and spectacular IMO. Compared to my favorites stock tips (the large blue ones), the bass is now flatter (but still super deep) and the treble more laid-back and balanced with the midrange. I have no major issue regarding frequency response. Transparency may also have improved by a hair. Overall I think they are superior to the Stax, just more accurate. I just can't believe how good they sound even off the Meizu hifi dongle.

R0001375.jpg

Top for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back