7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 6, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #227 of 4,269
Have about 50-60 hours on mine and that piece i posted still sounds harsh. To minimize the posibility that brain burn in plays a role, i have the eq set to a comfortable level with which harshness is gone, and when i go to re-listen i turn off eq.
Probably would be best to speed up the process so i can come to a definite conclusion after 150 hours like you say, and probably best to use whatever you used for burn in so theres no discrepancies. So what do you use to burn in?
I took off the Strong Foams and went back to the Whirlwind Tips. Now they've burned I think I prefer the wide open bore of the Whirlwind and Azla Sedna - but on some songs or recordings I'm hearing that 2 spike. It's not as pronounced as before but it's there. I really hear it on many Tracks on the Beattles "1" album and it shown up on few bright tracks on Oasis' (What's the Story) Morning Glory. I can handle it but can see how on poorly mastered or even particularly bright recordings, it can be fatiguing. Moving back to those foams (not any foams - those tennmak foams) it's gone without any EQ. Still I m super happy with these ... but yeah ... i can see the issue on a few recordings and for those with younger ears that have been treated with better respect than mine.....

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #228 of 4,269
IMG_20211006_225701.jpg
IMG_20211006_232112.jpg

First impression im still leaning towards P1 ✌️

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #230 of 4,269
I took off the Strong Foams and went back to the Whirlwind Tips. Now they've burned I think I prefer the wide open bore of the Whirlwind and Azla Sedna - but on some songs or recordings I'm hearing that 2 spike. It's not as pronounced as before but it's there. I really hear it on many Tracks on the Beattles "1" album and it shown up on few bright tracks on Oasis' (What's the Story) Morning Glory. I can handle it but can see how on poorly mastered or even particularly bright recordings, it can be fatiguing. Moving back to those foams (not any foams - those tennmak foams) it's gone without any EQ. Still I m super happy with these ... but yeah ... i can see the issue on a few recordings and for those with younger ears that have been treated with better respect than mine.....
Im at around 100 hours for the moment, and at one point it seemed to me that the example got more bearable, but on next test it sounded the same :). I attribute that to higher blood pressure i had at that particular moment when it sounded better.

Oh and tried the Beatles 1 album, and booyy, i do agree its as bad as can get and the perfect example what timeless cant play without EQ.
Did tweak mine a bit, and theese EQ settings seem to be most to my liking:
31Hz -1.5db
63Hz -3db
125Hz -1db
250Hz -1db
and 2KHz -1.5db to be conservative but get noticeable improvement, or up to 3db to subdue it even more if it bothers you that much.
One might go without the low frequencies tweaks, but it reduces some veiliness for some songs for me so i prefer to have it, and its too much bass for me either way in the stock config.

Its PEQ with Q1.41, so basically GEQ :).

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #232 of 4,269
What effect does blood pressure have on your perception of sound?
Probably closest thing to compare to, would be that its similar to when you change altitude and you need to pop your ears by holding your nose and blowing. But in this case you ofcourse cant pop them, and its not as pronounced as with altitude change so you might sometimes not really notice it very distinctly if its not that higher than normal. What frequencies does it exactly affect for me i cant say exactly as i havent done any extensive testing, but in the example of the part of the track below it made me perceive it as less harsh, which the 2KHz peak of the timeless makes it.

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #233 of 4,269
Timeless is very easy to drive, good sub bass and high extension + texture
but it too much mid bass for my liking kinda bloated IMO
bad housing structure & mmcx loose 😓

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #235 of 4,269
"bad housing structure"
You have large ears ?
I find them incredibly comfortable. The round circular faceplate may be unconventional, but the way inner shell is shaped fits the bowl of my ear perfectly. Ine of the few IEMs I can actually sleep comfortably in. As for the MMCX the cable fits to the connector with a confident and assuring "click". If someone has a preference for 2Pin over MMCX, that's one thing, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with these MMCX terminals.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #236 of 4,269
I'm loving these out of box. They just arrived and I'm amazed. The heft, the fullness, and yet it retains such clarity in vocals and most instruments. These things have body and yet they shine like brighter earphones/headphones do.

For me, S ranked. Top of the class right alongside the Clairvoyance and others. And for MUCH less money. These are great so far!

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #237 of 4,269
I'm loving these out of box. They just arrived and I'm amazed. The heft, the fullness, and yet it retains such clarity in vocals and most instruments. These things have body and yet they shine like brighter earphones/headphones do.

For me, S ranked. Top of the class right alongside the Clairvoyance and others. And for MUCH less money. These are great so far!

My unit has been shipped and I cannot wait now. I just hope this is my endgame.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #239 of 4,269
My unit has been shipped and I cannot wait now. I just hope this is my endgame.
I love mine too. Ive been listening almost exclusively to them since I got them. They are perfectly burned in now. They may refine further, dont know, my IMR Elysium continued improving up to 300 hours, with a weird sonic shift that sounded horrible at about 175 hours, then corrected some time after that ( and many of us reported 5the same phenomenon. Anyway, I've said it before I think the Timeless is THE DEAL of the decade. Today, I comared them against my Xelentos, IMR RAH (triple hybrid with planar) and itsfir Fusion. Timeless takes the Xelento handily. Bass is more controlled mids are more full and treble is a bit further extended. Against the RAH and Fusion - those two are more refined BUT if I didnt have them to cross compare I'd be perfectly happy if the timeless were my last set, and infact with what I'm sitting on now, I'm done buying for a while. And I'll even say, that after all the buying and selling and trying different things, I've now got a strict one in one out policy. I've loved my Xelentos, but with the timeless, If I buy anything new, Xelento is the one to go before I can do it; Timeless has replaced it.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #240 of 4,269

Completely agree with your take on them, the only downside I can find with them is that they can be unforgiving on poorly mastered / recorded tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back