7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 9, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #1,008 of 4,275
It is fairly easy to drive in term of loudness, but when you give it enough power, the most noticeable for me is the bass. When I am using my desktop amp, the bass is very solid, has a nice thump and rumble, but when I use my BT30, its like you low cut the bass around -2dB.
I am still finding the best bluetooth adapter for Timeless. I have tried KZ AZ09 pro and TRN BT30 so far, but those still can't bring the bass as solid as using my desktop amp. The closest one is the AZ09 pro but I have to use an adapter because it only have 2 pins connector. With the adapter, I couldn't close the case without squeezing them inside. Hopefully UTWS5 deliver enough power to fully drive the Timeless.
I use the Fiio LC-BT2, which doesn't spec that differently from the earpiece adaptors. Mine has plenty of power for them, and I'm not hearing any loss of bass, or anything else for that matter. I've been looking at those earpieces, would be interested to hear how well they work.

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,009 of 4,275
I have to say this, for me, the hype on these is well deserved. I am all for musicality over technicalities for enjoying music. Not that these are not impressive technically. especially considering the price. But they are so expressive, musical and exceptionally tuned.
I totally get it when someone says I rather listen to these over much more expensive gear. This has to be one of the best purchases in audio gear for me. Well done 7hz.

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,010 of 4,275
I have to say this, for me, the hype on these is well deserved. I am all for musicality over technicalities for enjoying music. Not that these are not impressive technically. especially considering the price. But they are so expressive, musical and exceptionally tuned.
I totally get it when someone says I rather listen to these over much more expensive gear. This has to be one of the best purchases in audio gear for me. Well done 7hz.
I have the same exact sentiments!

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,011 of 4,275
Many people repeat that message here but could you provide an example of TOTL iem that beats the Timeless technically? Mine get more head time than my full-size planars when I'm relaxing at home, and of course that could be just the new toy syndrome, but I'm not sure I would expect that from a balance armature iem (definitely not the case with the kilobuck Inear/Earsonics/Westone I auditioned anyway). Actually I think that putting a planar transducer in an iem form factor even has some advantages versus full-size headphones, in terms of transparency mostly.
One of my favorite sets after all the dust settled from all the buying and selling is the itsfit Fusion. DD + 2xBA + Magnetostatic. it's luscious - musical, technical and full spectrum. It's also a G Note. If I A/B the Timeless with the Fusion, the fusion has deeper slam and better extended highs and with 2 BAs covering mids and lower treble, they've got incredible body - yet I keep coming back to the Timeless. You hear the expressions "fluid", "organic" and "natural" over and over in describing the timeless and that's exactly what they are. I've ahad a couple sets of Electrostats now and really dont like them. Technically I suppose they reach higher, but they are brutally unforgiving. Planars in general are capable of incredible details and resolution and this timeless at 14.2mm is remarkable. Will I sell my Fusion - No Will I sell my RAH - maybe - Will I sell my Timeless - never. Is it a TOTL killer - no. Is it a TOTL killer - if you want musicality, muscle, detail, natural organic, addictive sound, then Yes - it kills many Kilo Buck sets. It's the steal of the century.
Fully agreed. I have loved my journey through all of the IMR iterations and still treasure my RAH. Regretted selling my EDP. Picked up Timeless and know why I sold everything else and got to pocket a few extra bucks. I cant take these things out og my ears.

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,012 of 4,275
I agree, they are just compulsive, you just want to listen to them more and more.

They are worth every penny. Great fun and great value.

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,014 of 4,275
One of my favorite sets after all the dust settled from all the buying and selling is the itsfit Fusion. DD + 2xBA + Magnetostatic. it's luscious - musical, technical and full spectrum. It's also a G Note. If I A/B the Timeless with the Fusion, the fusion has deeper slam and better extended highs and with 2 BAs covering mids and lower treble, they've got incredible body - yet I keep coming back to the Timeless. You hear the expressions "fluid", "organic" and "natural" over and over in describing the timeless and that's exactly what they are. I've ahad a couple sets of Electrostats now and really dont like them. Technically I suppose they reach higher, but they are brutally unforgiving. Planars in general are capable of incredible details and resolution and this timeless at 14.2mm is remarkable. Will I sell my Fusion - No Will I sell my RAH - maybe - Will I sell my Timeless - never. Is it a TOTL killer - no. Is it a TOTL killer - if you want musicality, muscle, detail, natural organic, addictive sound, then Yes - it kills many Kilo Buck sets. It's the steal of the century.

Fully agreed. I have loved my journey through all of the IMR iterations and still treasure my RAH. Regretted selling my EDP. Picked up Timeless and know why I sold everything else and got to pocket a few extra bucks. I cant take these things out og my ears.
Wow...those shells of the Fusion look incredible on headphonia (the marble) The fact that it's a small company and does re shelling of other brands...speechless

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,016 of 4,275
Has anyone found the best source gear for the timeless? Currently running my Timeless with an ESS Sabre DAC.
I have tested with M15, M8, UP5 and GO Blu. The best pairing is definitely M8 but it also sounded great with all of them. But I also usually don’t care too much about source synergy and all that, as long as the IEMs are powered properly.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #1,017 of 4,275
Has anyone found the best source gear for the timeless? Currently running my Timeless with an ESS Sabre DAC.
I like pairing Timeless with tube amp. I have schiit magni modi and while it can drive the Timeless just fine, it lacks warmth/lush that you get from tube amp. Hard to describe with words.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,018 of 4,275
Wow...those shells of the Fusion look incredible on headphonia (the marble) The fact that it's a small company and does re shelling of other brands...speechless
You Like the Marble... Here are my Fusion CIEMs
Fusion CIEM.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,019 of 4,275
I agree, they are just compulsive, you just want to listen to them more and more.

They are worth every penny. Great fun and great value.
How do they sound compared to the TRI I3 Pro?

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,020 of 4,275
OK, Back to Timeless. My 8 Core Pure Silver just showed up - I don't know if it's psychoacoustic or real but I loved the 4 core and the 8 Core presents even deeper wider and pure black backdrop. Even if it's just a brain trick, the 8 core is far softer and more supple. Very Happy with it. I got this one for Nice HCK but it's made by Xin HS for them. Great cable - lovely sound.
IMG_20211209_115341.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back