7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 21, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #3,767 of 4,275
Thanks you both for the advice.. I will stop looking for reviews then and just wait for them to arrive and let you know how it goes!
You are very welcome!

You don't HAVE to do that, it is just a recommendation if you want maximum pleasure from a purely non-biased perspective (yours)... :)
I wonder if the Legato has more prat…
LOL

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #3,769 of 4,275
Legato ordered. Give me some of that old school bass.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #3,771 of 4,275
Well, the benefit of living in Singapore: I have the Legato with me. I hope I can get my review out before CanJam SG!

Mar 22, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #3,773 of 4,275
Early impressions ? 🙏🙂
The first IEM since my time with Maestro Mini/SE that could rumble my jaws but remain clean. The bass sounds so punchy and yet effortless. There is a slight bleed into mids as expected, but from what I read from even earlier impressions from China, some tip rolling might help with that (I'll run a few for the review). The upper mids are surprisingly not as dark sounding as the graph might suggest, but I was told that it may sound even smoother after a short burn in; the tantalum caps in the crossover do need warming up. Currently burning in for about 10 hours with white noise, I'll mention in the review if it does anything. Technicalities wise, I'd simply say that it is clearly not its highest priority.

So far, it does exactly what the tuners wanted to achieve: the sound of old big hifi speakers of the 90s. Listening to it made me want to go to a karaoke or something. :L3000:
:L3000::L3000:

Mar 22, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #3,774 of 4,275
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,775 of 4,275
I am interested in the Timeless and have got some questions:

https://headphones.com/blogs/reviews/7hz-timeless-ae-review-a-year-of-difference

So the AE is different but not better? Is the fit better than the Blessing 2 for smaller or average ears? The B2 makes it difficult. 160 € for timeless, 210 € for timeless AE or 250 € for the Blessing 2. There are a lot of good iems here.
I have the three: the B2 is veeeery balanced replay but I think you would find it bass light; the Timeless OG is very good deal (I still listen to it while having the other two) - its strength is resolution and detail retrieval but sometimes might be sharp (foam tips are a must). The AE is a veeeery good and engaging replay, better than OG, and its only flaw is that does not fit gym and running activities (due to its design).
I would always take Timeless AE vs the other two. And I think, for someone entering hifi iems, AE is best choice - it is not pretentious in sound signature (like B2), it is top resolution up to $500 and it has some qualities which some $1k iems miss.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #3,776 of 4,275
I have the three: the B2 is veeeery balanced replay but I think you would find it bass light; the Timeless OG is very good deal (I still listen to it while having the other two) - its strength is resolution and detail retrieval but sometimes might be sharp (foam tips are a must). The AE is a veeeery good and engaging replay, better than OG, and its only flaw is that does not fit gym and running activities (due to its design).
I would always take Timeless AE vs the other two. And I think, for someone entering hifi iems, AE is best choice - it is not pretentious in sound signature (like B2), it is top resolution up to $500 and it has some qualities which some $1k iems miss.
Cut a little bass out of the AE and to me it becomes even better.

This is what I do to mine and I’d call in neutral with a bass boost:
39711A64-F0BD-476B-A237-6EAEA0F9632E.jpeg

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #3,778 of 4,275
Depends on source! Mojo2 - no correction needed for me. Hiby RS6 might touch down bass.
I use a 5K, and I just like a little less bass.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #3,779 of 4,275
The first IEM since my time with Maestro Mini/SE that could rumble my jaws but remain clean. The bass sounds so punchy and yet effortless. There is a slight bleed into mids as expected, but from what I read from even earlier impressions from China, some tip rolling might help with that (I'll run a few for the review). The upper mids are surprisingly not as dark sounding as the graph might suggest, but I was told that it may sound even smoother after a short burn in; the tantalum caps in the crossover do need warming up. Currently burning in for about 10 hours with white noise, I'll mention in the review if it does anything. Technicalities wise, I'd simply say that it is clearly not its highest priority.

So far, it does exactly what the tuners wanted to achieve: the sound of old big hifi speakers of the 90s. Listening to it made me want to go to a karaoke or something. :L3000:
:L3000::L3000:
Thank you. A little comparison with the Maestro Mini ?

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #3,780 of 4,275
Thank you. A little comparison with the Maestro Mini ?
It's a 'mini' Maestro Mini. Legato has slightly lower resolution and a bit more recessed mids, also physically heavier. Bass is equally clean, with similar quantity and quality, but with more midbass emphasis. I prefer Legato's timbre better, personally. All in all, Legato has more midbass in exchange of slightly less technicalities compared to Maestro Mini.

I don't personally own a Maestro Mini, so this is based on a unit that I borrowed from a friend (my friend also came to a similar conclusion).

EDIT:
Ian Fann has released a followup video. He also mentioned Fatfreq in his Legato full review.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back