7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jun 22, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #3,016 of 4,270
I understand it is a destructive mod, right?
Are you going to post it in this thread?
Can be reversible if you can take the damper slowly and safely, but unfortunately i broke 1 side of the outer grill. Not big deal though.
Yeah i can share with all, but give me some time. I also have all measurements like last time

Jun 23, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #3,017 of 4,270
Thanks everybody, appreciate the responses and the info. The M1570 is indeed a planar full-size. I definitely want to hear a Timeless for myself now. I'll just have to keep my eyes out for a sale.
I bought the Timeless a little over a month a go blind. My first IEM really. I absolutely am happy with the decision they sound so crisp and have a very nice sub bass. Since then I have tried the other 2 meta's. The Chu and CRA. both are very good at what they do (especially for the price) but overall they just don't compare do how good the Timeless is.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,018 of 4,270
Just for info (Twitter):
Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 15.42.20.png

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #3,019 of 4,270
So I'm a bit confused here. I've heard of this Dioko thing as a new planar IEM from 7Hz. I assume it's something different than a revision to the Timeless and a Crinacle collab too. Those images also show Dioko on them. But you're referring to these pics as Timeless V2? Are they one in the same? Or two different IEMs?
At the time that is what we were using for the nameless next generation Planar from 7Hz, a "V2 = Version 2" edition.

Now they have been named :)
So folks one thing I'm still not quite grasping: I saw earlier in this thread a V2 of the Timeless mentioned. Is this Dioko it or are they two different things?
The design, production sourcing may be the same, even with the "names" differing, find out info from reading the 7hz Facebook group, or 7hz owner Ray Chan:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077733246405322/?ref=share
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077733246405322/user/555013967/

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #3,020 of 4,270
Now what are the odds these are fake...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334482722747?hash=item4de0b94fbb:g:04UAAOSws~xitBvE

EDIT: Well, I asked and the seller replied:

"Hello:
We have physical store sales. These headphones are not fake. 100% authentic.
All sealed. We will take pictures for you before shipping. thanks."

Hmmm might be worth a try, if there turns out to be a problem I'll have that message to make a claim with.

Aaaaaand... I should have bought them, the seller just messaged me. It was a pricing error to put them at $120. Oh well =)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #3,022 of 4,270
Looking good side to sideFB_IMG_1656167335123.jpg
I guess they will be a bit more laid-back than the timeless.
I am so glad to see a set that doesn't have the over boosted pina gain; though, to my ears the Timeless didn't really either! I am more worried about that spike @8K (unless that is just a coupler artifact). While it will give a perceived "sparkle", it can also make tones sound fake (or tizzy) in some cases (Sennheiser HD700, I'm looking at you). And because the presence region is less on these, that might make the 8K spike seem worse.

All conjecture though. Hopefully they sound terrific?!

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,023 of 4,270
I am so glad to see a set that doesn't have the over boosted pina gain; though, to my ears the Timeless didn't really either! I am more worried about that spike @8K (unless that is just a coupler artifact). While it will give a perceived "sparkle", it can also make tones sound fake (or tizzy) in some cases (Sennheiser HD700, I'm looking at you). And because the presence region is less on these, that might make the 8K spike seem worse.

All conjecture though. Hopefully they sound terrific?!
I think the treble spike can be attenuated with the right tips. At least it doesn't bother me too much with the timeless. But yeah it would be nice if they could remove it.

Jun 25, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #3,024 of 4,270
I think the treble spike can be attenuated with the right tips. At least it doesn't bother me too much with the timeless. But yeah it would be nice if they could remove it.
Yeah probably so. Though, I am not sensitive to it either. I just know what too much of it can sound like. I don't find it bothersome with the Timeless either.

Jun 25, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #3,025 of 4,270
I am more worried about that spike @8K (unless that is just a coupler artifact).
I can assure you that's just a coupler artifact. Crinacle mentioned it a few times on his website. I'm much more worried about a huge 12-17K raise that shouldn't normally be there. This exact area bugs me a lot in my Timeless.

Jun 25, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #3,027 of 4,270
If the Dioko is even CLOSE in performance to the Timeless, it will corner the entry level market at 99 bucks. Honestly, I'm not sure what their strategy is, since it would make the Timeless irrelevant.

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #3,028 of 4,270
I can assure you that's just a coupler artifact. Crinacle mentioned it a few times on his website. I'm much more worried about a huge 12-17K raise that shouldn't normally be there. This exact area bugs me a lot in my Timeless.
Oh, that's great to hear, and I suspected as much (that is the area that most rigs have issues AFAIK).

In that regard, and trying to put a positive spin on it, I can't hear past 12K anyhow (well, I CAN, but the decibel level needs to be +12dB and/or higher as you go up), so that one doesn't worry me as much.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #3,029 of 4,270
If the Dioko is even CLOSE in performance to the Timeless, it will corner the entry level market at 99 bucks. Honestly, I'm not sure what their strategy is, since it would make the Timeless irrelevant.

I guess we'll find out in a few days.
Maybe to sell another "Timeless" to the people that already have a Timeless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back