7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #1,831 of 4,273
Any suggestions for ear tips that doesn't bury the bass?

The stock eartips have tiny bores that putting them on is next to impossible. The ones I were able to get in (including the default white with black stem and white with yellow stem) were mostly on the bright side without much bass.

I've tried the SednaEarfit and it doesn't go deep enough to get a good seal so not only do I lose out on everything, I had to adjust the volume by 10-20% than when I got the stock tips. Or maybe I sized wrong because I bought the small one.
It must be the size of your Azla(or the size of you ear lol) because I'm using both Senda Standard (longer stem) and Sedna Short love them with the Timeless.. Actually have a slight preference for the short. The sound is same but the earpieces it a little more flush into the ear. I'm using Medium in both. The grip, seal comfort d sound are all fantastic

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,832 of 4,273
Short, fat tips with wide bores work best with the Timeless. The Tennmak Whirlwinds are really a great fit. And they're super cheap. Give them a shot.

Sedna shorts are good, but I think the Whirlwinds give better staging and clarity.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #1,833 of 4,273
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/silicone-ear-adapter

You just have to remove the foam filter.
Edit: or not if you are treble sensitive!

20220125_183014_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #1,834 of 4,273
Moondrop spring tips.

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #1,835 of 4,273
Any suggestions for ear tips that doesn't bury the bass?

The stock eartips have tiny bores that putting them on is next to impossible. The ones I were able to get in (including the default white with black stem and white with yellow stem) were mostly on the bright side without much bass.

I've tried the SednaEarfit and it doesn't go deep enough to get a good seal so not only do I lose out on everything, I had to adjust the volume by 10-20% than when I got the stock tips. Or maybe I sized wrong because I bought the small one.
I am not sure what you mean by bury the bass, but the wide-bore tips tend to tighten up the bass for better texture, at the expense of big boom, whereas the small-bore tips tend to do the opposite (make it boomier, at the expense of texture). So, I guess it is up to your ears as to what sounds best with these. Keep in mind the wider the bore, the brighter they will sound. The small-bore tips also decrease the treble a bit. Also, keep in mind that if you are wanting the bass to be prominent, and to tame treble, putting a pure copper cable will also do this for you.

If you turn the umbrella part inside-out, then hold the bore at the top (near the umbrella), and press them on, starting at an angle, it is not too bad. If you get most Spinfits, you will need to do this trick.

If you feel like a tip is not going deep enough to make a proper seal, chances are you are probably using a tip that is too small (not enough taper to catch in your ear). It is a good idea to try all sizes, even if you think it won't work. Because not all IEMs need to go deep into your ear to make a proper seal (though some certainly do). I have a pair of iBasso IT07 that CAN be inserted pretty deep and seal well, but I can also set them at the outer part of my ear, and the IEM will sort of fold upwards on my concha to hold them in place, and they are totally sealed off. All IEMs are built differently, and just because one tip works for one IEM, that doesn't mean it will even come close with another IEM.... A couple of IEMs I have the Final Type E tips are the absolute best, but for some of my others, they are complete trash. All this from my experience, and YMMV.

Edit: That being said, I have found the right size Xelestek, and Spinfit CP100+ and CP145 to work very well with the Timeless. Again, YMMV so experiment. Also as @holsen keeps preaching, make sure they are conditioned for a long time. While this won't change the sound signature, it will tame those peaks and areas that are rough in the beginning. :)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,837 of 4,273
Comply foams have huge soundstage, but dampen to much of the frequency response for me. I love them, but once I try another pair of silicone tips, I realize what's missing. They're nice and all, but just give up too much of the music to be really useful.

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #1,838 of 4,273
Comply foams have huge soundstage, but dampen to much of the frequency response for me. I love them, but once I try another pair of silicone tips, I realize what's missing. They're nice and all, but just give up too much of the music to be really useful.
Totally agree (for my ears). Though, I DO like the foam shaped (squarish) silicone tips that come with the Timeless. I just don't like them on the Timeless... LOL

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #1,839 of 4,273
Tennmak Strong Foams. Fit and comfort like Comply. Wear like iron and don't rip and tear like comply and being a super dense silicone foam dont clip the high frequencies or muddy the bass. I love them and have rec'd them in multiple threads. By and large the feedback has been "Best foams they've ever tried" that's been my experience. $7 for 6 pair. It's worth the rol of the dice. They're outstanding foam tips. Tennmak Foam on Ali

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,840 of 4,273
Tennmak Strong Foams. Fit and comfort like Comply. Wear like iron and don't rip and tear like comply and being a super dense silicone foam dont clip the high frequencies or muddy the bass. I love them and have rec'd them in multiple threads. By and large the feedback has been "Best foams they've ever tried" that's been my experience. $7 for 6 pair. It's worth the rol of the dice. They're outstanding foam tips. Tennmak Foam on Ali
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the foams. I love Symbios and I think they're the Holy Grail when paired with the XINHS 8-core graphene cable, but all of the other foams I've tried have left me disappointed in some way or another. Honestly I care nothing about wear or anything like that. If I could get once-in-a-lifetime performance out of a set of tips that only lasted 2 hours, I would buy them by the truckload. But I will honor your suggestion and buy a set of the foamies, but I don't have high hopes to be honest.

I'm still sitting on the 8-core graphene cable + Symbio W combination and it has not been beaten by any other combination of about a half dozen cables and a dozen tips that I've tried. Frankly I doubt anything will sound better to my ears, but I always have hope. My "backup" is the 4-core graphene cable with the Tennmack Whirlwind tips. They sound really nice, but honestly are only a backup. A different sound, to be sure, and one that most people will associate with "great" sound. But there's another level to be heard, and until people have actually heard it for themselves, they don't understand what they're missing. Which is cool. But sad at the same time. It's a conundrum.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #1,841 of 4,273
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the foams. I love Symbios and I think they're the Holy Grail when paired with the XINHS 8-core graphene cable, but all of the other foams I've tried have left me disappointed in some way or another. Honestly I care nothing about wear or anything like that. If I could get once-in-a-lifetime performance out of a set of tips that only lasted 2 hours, I would buy them by the truckload. But I will honor your suggestion and buy a set of the foamies, but I don't have high hopes to be honest.

I'm still sitting on the 8-core graphene cable + Symbio W combination and it has not been beaten by any other combination of about a half dozen cables and a dozen tips that I've tried. Frankly I doubt anything will sound better to my ears, but I always have hope. My "backup" is the 4-core graphene cable with the Tennmack Whirlwind tips. They sound really nice, but honestly are only a backup. A different sound, to be sure, and one that most people will associate with "great" sound. But there's another level to be heard, and until people have actually heard it for themselves, they don't understand what they're missing. Which is cool. But sad at the same time. It's a conundrum.

I love Symbio W but not yet tried on Timeless, I must do over the weekend. I also have the 8-core graphene inbound, should be here in the coming week - really looking forward to trying that too.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #1,842 of 4,273

My Tip of choice with the Timeless is both Azla Sedna and Whirlwind. Whirwind is a touch more open but I like the texture, grip and feel of the Sednas and dont feel like I'm sacrificing anything. What they both have in common is short stem and wide bore opening. Preferences, preferences. I do prefer the Silicone tips, generally speaking but there are times when foam is the way to go. When I get sick, I like to sleep with the IEMs in. Foam takes the edge off the pressure off the iem into my ear canal from being sandwiched between my head and the pillow. When flying .... foam gives me better isolation. I've found the Tennmak Foams to perform closest to a silicone tip of all the foams I've tried. I know the Symbios get a lot of love. I bought a 3 pack - they just didnt work for me with any iem - I gave them away to anothere headfier who loves them. Again just personal preferences.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #1,843 of 4,273
My Tip of choice with the Timeless is both Azla Sedna and Whirlwind. Whirwind is a touch more open but I like the texture, grip and feel of the Sednas and dont feel like I'm sacrificing anything. What they both have in common is short stem and wide bore opening. Preferences, preferences. I do prefer the Silicone tips, generally speaking but there are times when foam is the way to go. When I get sick, I like to sleep with the IEMs in. Foam takes the edge off the pressure off the iem into my ear canal from being sandwiched between my head and the pillow. When flying .... foam gives me better isolation. I've found the Tennmak Foams to perform closest to a silicone tip of all the foams I've tried. I know the Symbios get a lot of love. I bought a 3 pack - they just didnt work for me with any iem - I gave them away to anothere headfier who loves them. Again just personal preferences.
These IEMs are the undisputed king of being able to sleep in them, btw (IMO), seconded by the P1. But the Timeless are way more comfortable over long periods, sleeping or not.

I tried the Sednas, and love them, but ordered too big of a size. I have some smaller ones on the way to test with these. The Whirlwind tips sound fantastic but create a hotspot after about an hour for me.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #1,844 of 4,273
These IEMs are the undisputed king of being able to sleep in them, btw (IMO), seconded by the P1. But the Timeless are way more comfortable over long periods, sleeping or not.

I tried the Sednas, and love them, but ordered too big of a size. I have some smaller ones on the way to test with these. The Whirlwind tips sound fantastic but create a hotspot after about an hour for me.
Yeah, I agree. These Timeless are real sleepers in oh, so many ways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back