$720 for Beyerdynamic T1: is it a fraud?
Feb 10, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 38
mehh.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #19 of 38
Just don't pay. That simple. Send the seller an e-mail and say you're no longer interested. Worst case scenario: you get negative feedback. I have gotten negative feedback, once, this way, and have had no problems doing business on eBay since.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 38
Wait to communicate with him.
If the guy fails, then file a dispute on him simple.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #21 of 38

Quote:
Wait to communicate with him.
If the guy fails, then file a dispute on him simple.

You don't even have to pay until he reassures you they are in as listed condition and he actually owns them.

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 38
Paypay will protect you if you pay but it can take a long time. I sell and buy alot of stuff on ebay and have had a few problems. My advise is don't pay.

Never, ever bid on something or sell something to someone with no feedback. No exceptions to the rule.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 38
Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions!

This is how I dealt with him:
1. I called eBay first to talk about this issue. They told me not to worry. All I need to do was to contact the seller and negotiate with him.

2. I gave the seller 2 options: either provided me evidences to prove that he possesses the T1 (photos, serial numbers, etc) and then I pay him, or we made an agreement to cancel the transaction so that nobody would get into trouble.

3. He didn't answer my messages...

4. I called eBay again and they label this transaction as a fraud so I no longer needed to pay and the transaction was cancelled.

Too bad the $720 T1 is a bubble after all...

PS: To those who asked why I bid: I didn't pay much attention to the seller info... I just put a $750 bid there thought I wouldn't win anyway...

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 38

Quote:
Why did you bid on this in the first place if it's completely shady? Aren't you obligated to pay after you've won? Otherwise you've wasted his time.

From a legal stand point, you are obligated to fulfill your obligation. Contract laws =  Offer + Acceptance+ Considerarion+ Goodfaith = Enforceable in court of laws. You are under no duress when you accepted his offer. You have no proof yet that his product is not legit and even so, you did not bother to ask for any proof . You are done deal, bro. He is going to sue your ass for the last penny he's got.
biggrin.gif
   Relax, brother.  You are lucky that you are entering a small contract and you are trying to get out. Be careful, next time around.

There is nothing Ebay or the seller can do to you except reported you on your " my E-bay" that you are a dead beat. It is bad though to back out of the deal without any proof. Ethical or not, it's your hard earned money and it's your decison that you will have to live with since you wouldn't like someone back out of your sale , would you? 

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #26 of 38
I'm glad this was resolved, at no harm to the OP

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #27 of 38
Ebay/PayPal same company insure everything under $2000 100% and they will go to bat for you if something goes wrong. But the real red flag here was 0 feedback in Estonia. That's just lol if i'd come accross that listing. PayPal will hunt you down if they're involved. But people can't / won't pay for stuff all the time on ebay. They just offer it to the next bidder and then let you list it again for free. It happens every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back