$70~$80 Earphones for Pop and Classical music
Oct 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
That's quite interesting, think I might order a pair just for fun 
biggrin.gif

Now one bit of warning. I don't know if you are a believer in burn in. .These absolutely need burn in.. The micro HD drivers in them are stiff beyond anything you have ever tried. It is the guys that don't burn these in that dog on them before they sound correct. They sound like Crap when you first try them out of the box. DO not judge these until you do a serious 80 hours of burn. It is fun burning these as they change immensely from day one to finish.. Once done.  They will surprise anyone that tries them. They won numerous awards in Japan when they were introduced and people overlook these because they are relatively cheap.. Wait till you hear the sparkle in the highs and you will be shocked. It has definition that is almost impossible at this price point in any IEM.. They EQ like you wouldn't believe after wards too giving you the exact type of sound style you want with a bit of EQ as well. Nothing is lacking on these.  A gem in every way..

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 17

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I'll definitely look into them. One more thing to consider that I forgot to mention... my ears are very small so it's difficult to find IEM's that are comfortable and fit well. I also would prefer to have the volume control remote on it, just for convenience (but not necessary). With these in mind, are there any more out there? I can go over budget by a little :wink:

My preferred sound signature is clear and analytical and the Head-Direct RE-Zero has withstood about a dozen challenges and still remains my favorite IEM.  It's very comfortable with real Sony hybrid tips, has decent isolation and a sound which is agreeable with most genres including pop and probably classical.  It could use a bit more bass and there have been complaints on the forum about build quality of late, although I've been using mine regularly commuting to work for about a year.

Quote:
No that is how much they are new.. I know many don't mention cheaper alternatives around here. But You guys would be shocked as to just how great these sound..Katun did a review on his HAFX67 budget IEMs and how great those are. .I own those too but to me these are not only better in every way but they are exquisite..Many will over look something like this just because not many have them or tried them http://www.head-fi.org/t/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem/120#post_7799148   look up this thread for more info on this one.. Astounding for $25 on amazon..Let me put it this way. I am not even remotely curious about more expensive IEMs.

While I think the HAFX67 is a great bang for the buck at $25, I gave mine away to a co-worker because I knew I would never listen to them regularly.  The sound signature was always nauseating after listening to them for about an hour because it was too "upfront and in your face" after 50+ hours of burn-in.  I also needed more isolation using the bus for my daily commute to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back