7 best earbuds rated. The winners are: Yuin PK1, Audio-Technica ATH-CM700, Yuin PK2
Jun 17, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #16 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that CM700Ti sounds the same to CM700. I also seen colored CM700 (do not remember exact index) in Tokyo, so it looks like series of the same phone in different cases. Probably, there is a little sonic difference between titanium and aluminium casings. But I was not able to discover it comparing CM7 vs CM7Ti.

Anyway, we do need more opinions on CM700 sound just for averaging alternatives.

You can never tell until you compare two.
This post http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...hlight=cm700ti
indicates that Ti version is more detailed. Titanium must have different harmonic resonance.

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #18 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can never tell until you compare two.
This post http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...hlight=cm700ti
indicates that Ti version is more detailed. Titanium must have different harmonic resonance.

Do you mean this quote from the post you pointed to (see below)
wink.gif
?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I think that the Ti might have a slight edge over the non-Ti, however, I might be wrong. (Since I bought the Ti model, I'm grasping at straws to make my purchase justified.) Frankly though, I do regret a little today as I think the non-Ti sounds just as good. I don't think there is much of a difference between the Ti vs. the non-Ti...if there is any at all!...

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #19 of 116
You should try the Amadana buds as well. I think they're quite nice as far as buds go. Musical rather than analytical with a pleasant "oomph", including bass. As much as some might dislike buds I actually think they have their place in a way. If I were out traveling, for example, I might want to mind my surroundings and I'd probably choose the "smallest compromise" I own: my buds! With such a small size I'd be able to fit my IEMs in the bag as well.
etysmile.gif

[Edit] By the way does anyone know if the Amadanas are based on the Audio-Techinca buds, for example? Since the Amadana brand is a design brand rather than audio I'm just guessing they let someone else worry about the innards, but I frankly don't know. [/Edit]

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #21 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by some people asked me via PM
Are PKs really that good? Also, I read that PK1 and PK2 share same sound sig., while you found PK1 simillar to HD650, and PK2 to Grado. Hm... Senns and Grado have very differents sigs!

Yes, they are terrific. And they sound pretty different to me.
PK1 is warm, but it is certain all-arounder with very precisious, technicaly competent, sound. PK2 sound is definitely "rock-n-roll" coloured, although they provide quite accurate reproduction accross all the spectrum they covered. Their spectrum is narrowed comparing to PK1. Interesting - I prefer PK2 on rock due to their fun factor.

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #22 of 116
Yuin really came out of nowhere and stole the show. I had never even heard of the company until recently, and their products all look so stealthy.

I like your comparison chart. Very well laid out.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #24 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review

Would you say the PK2 is a step above the KSC75?

I was intrigued with your question and AB-ed these two. They are almost equal!
  • Coloration is very similar, PK2 is just slightly warmer.
  • SQ is pretty same. PK2 = KSC75 +/-5% (depends on recordings).
  • KSC75 has much wider soundstage and better positioning.
  • PK2 is much more comfortable and portable.
Both have good "toe tap" factor playing rock, metal, rock-n-roll. KSC75 is just little bit more fun, likely due to better sound imaging.

PK2 does not grow with amp as mush as KSC75 does. That does not matter to me - I avoid using portable amps as well as using earbuds at home.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #25 of 116
nice comparo. i also felt that the PK2 and the KSC75 are more like fraternal twins - same level, different flavors. and the PK1 just blows both away with the right amping, hehe.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #26 of 116
Thanks for the comoparison kostalex. Basically I'm looking at the PK2 as a KSC75 in the form of an earbud, which is pretty awesome. I have my KSC75 modded and all and I love it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #27 of 116
Nice review kostalex. I was recently in the market for a protable set of buds to use in place of my KSC35's when I didn't want to clip something on my ear and the Yuin PK1 fit the bill. These things are much harder to drive as I have to crank my Tomahawk way up to get the same volume level as with the Koss phones.

Thanks for the suggestion of the ER6 clip. The PK1 cable is really long and will get in the way if you don't do anything about it. I still can't get totally past the high price of these considering the cheap look, however when they sound as good as these do you tend to forget about it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #28 of 116
Hi,

I have jsut received my iMod and it sounds wonderful with both a Tomahawk and a PRII.

The PK1s are my phone of choice at the my work.

You can take them out and place them back without suffering any loss of SQ.

Thank you for the nice review.

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #29 of 116
I added some buds to my chart (see msg #1), suggested by ClieOS. Thank you very much, ClieOS!

Anybody experienced in earbuds are welcome with recommendations too.

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #30 of 116
Thanks for the reviews. Excellent...at least made me feel as in my purchase of the ATH-CM700Ti is justified.
smily_headphones1.gif
I did think that the CM700s are very VERY decent for an earbud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back