7/11/09 Los Angeles Mini Mega Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #108 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This time, I'll be lugging close to 70lbs of gear, but still nowhere close to Dave.

Next time i know better, just the Zana, DLlll, transport and two headphones.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #112 of 119
Hehe, Don, Mike, and me are having a micro-meet at my place this weekend. I'm gonna try Don's K1000 on my Phoenix/ECD1 combo.

Well, we get together on most weekends anyway.
icon10.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #113 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are the pictures that I took at the meet and our after-meet raging party.

If I offended you with the outrageous descriptions, I apologize in advance.
wink.gif

I also realized that I don't have a picture of every one of you and/or your rig. Don't be offended if you and/or your rig weren't in the picture.

Gary, I cannot believe you finished that entire meal and desert...I'd love to have your metabolism! I got full just looking at all of that food!

Lots of equipment and a feast afterwards, yep, I'd say it appears as if everyone had a blast.

Thanks for all of the reviews and photos thus far, please keep them coming.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #116 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by danne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So few impressions on the apache, how come?
Would like to see some impressions on the apache vs the phoenix and b22.
Anyone?

Well, the mentions of the apache are not particularly positive. It's really not in the same league as the B22 or phoenix even just from a specs point of view. My subjective impression was that it was not their equal (no volume matched comparisons or even quick swaps so I can't say much). Also, it's a class b amplifier. I will say it looks and feels great, but I think the price is way too high for what it is.

edit: also, pj, tell me if you're going to hold another meet, odds are very good I'd be interested.

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #118 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the mentions of the apache are not particularly positive. It's really not in the same league as the B22 or phoenix even just from a specs point of view. My subjective impression was that it was not their equal (no volume matched comparisons or even quick swaps so I can't say much). Also, it's a class b amplifier. I will say it looks and feels great, but I think the price is way too high for what it is.

edit: also, pj, tell me if you're going to hold another meet, odds are very good I'd be interested.

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #119 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats interesting. Having owned both, a very highly configured B22 AND an Apache, I don't think that is an accurate statement in my experience. Meet conditions are still not the same as actually owning the equipment giving you time to really judge the sound quality of the component. Also, there are 3 versions of the Apache, so was the Apache at the meet the current spec?

Anyhow, I didn't hear what you heard at the meet, so I can't really speak to that. However, the Apache is no slouch of an amp and is definitely in the league of a B22 sonically. In fact, I can see people preferring either solid state amps depending on their listening tastes.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back