7/11/09 Los Angeles Mini Mega Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #91 of 119
To add my belated impressions to this thread, what impressed me most was the Zana Duex and the DNA Sonett with AKG K701.

I've been thinking of trading my RS-1 to something more neutral with a larger sound stage. It's fun but colored and a bit too bright at times on my apache. I have to say the Zana Duex was the only amp that truly made it sing. I have an HF2 on order but right now I'm not sure I will like it. I really enjoyed the balance and soundstage of HD800, but I would like to audition it a bit more before committing to one. I didn't think much of K701 before, but now I found myself liking it a lot on tube amps such as the ZD and the Sonett.

Only a few months into this and now I'm thinking of changing everything again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #94 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay tuned for details -- we will be having another meet like the one we just had sometime in mid October (most likely Saturday, October 17). I am in talks with the hotel staff. Keep your calendars open!

Holy cow, man! Your cupful of enthusiasm runneth over! (not that I'm complaining)

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #105 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do know I was joking, right?

Of course I know Phil!
tongue.gif

How big of a meet is it this time? I'm guessing the same people are gonna show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back