6XX vs Sundara
Feb 1, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 21
I have the 6XX.
Should I get Sundara first or upgrade amp to Topping A90 first for 6XX before buying Sundara?

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 21
I have the 6XX.
Should I get Sundara first or upgrade amp to Topping A90 first for 6XX before buying Sundara?
You’ve revived a pretty old thread, my friend! seems like everyone was all for the Sundara a couple years when this thread started, but I’m listening to my 6XX’s on my Bottlehead Crack now and can’t imagine wanting anything more (even though I have more lol).

If you can find a Sundara with a good return policy, I’d go for it, at least to try it out. Just know that if you want to upgrade the 6XX’s sound, the A90 won’t be as good as a pairing as some OTL tube amps. They’ll really make the 6XX’s come alive. The Sundara would like the A90 much more, I suspect.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #18 of 21
I see that I posted to the thread two years ago so let me add an update. I still prefer the Sundara's over the 6XX's but I now drive them differently. I installed the jumpers that came with the A-100 to deliver full power to the headphone jacks. That really woke up the Sundara's to the point of me thinking look what I was missing? The 6XX's sound good on it also but where I think they sound better is with my Schiit Vali2++ with a WE 396A tube. So, both good phones which will sound even better when you power them properly.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 21
Sundara has arrived. A thorough comparison with the 6XX will be forthcoming in a few weeks.

First impressions:
Sundara has more sub bass impact, more highs, and an increase in detail across upper bass, mids, and lower treble. Extra detail retrival over the 6XX.

"Clean" is first adjective that comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back